At Arterra Wines Canada, we love inspiring the big and small moments that happen when our products are shared and enjoyed. For us it’s not just about what’s in and on the bottle, it’s what happens in people’s lives when we’re a part of them that keeps us thirsting for more and not resting on our laurels as Canada’s largest and most enjoyed wine company. We put the consumer at the center of everything we do and we’re looking for people who do the same.
This role develops plans, organizes system configurations, and manages the cloud-based core HR Information Systems (Workday) for Arterra Wines Canada. It is also responsible for identifying system optimization opportunities, configuring system enhancements, and managing the day to day end-user functionality of the HR system that supports the entire employee lifecycle from hiring to retirement. Also responsible for identifying, developing and implementing reporting and analytics, and dashboards for the Business that support company-oriented goals, objectives, and results.
HRIS Technical Lead:
- HRIS technical lead in People & Culture supporting all functional areas. Subject Matter Expert for HR Information System (Workday), and responsible for ensuring system is optimally configured, maintained, and utilized.
- Collaborate with partners to identify and prioritize HRIS projects and manages these P&C projects from a system-perspective and delegates work to project teams to execute P&C priorities via the HRIS system.
- Functional knowledge of the various HR disciplines and their data needs (e.g. talent management, learning & development, compensation, payroll, benefits, absences, etc.), and knowledge of HR policies, procedures, and processes and work effectively with all types of highly confidential information
- Develops creative solutions to unexpected problems that arise within the business while adhering to AWC standards and executes changes to Workday processes/ procedures using the Change Request protocol
- Support the HRIS team during execution of annual system processes for all P&C initiatives such as; merit planning, bonus payout, payroll yearend functions, goal setting and performance review.
- Ensure annual processes are configured, tested, and approved for launch in advance of P&C schedule and support P&C and end-users through the process.
- Develop and update system documentation to stay current within the ever-changing landscape of the cloud HCM system.
System Process and Testing Documentation:
- Collaborates with the process owners to identify, define, and document data configuration requirements by applying system-focused logic to established AWC and P&C programs and policies and implement effectively and efficiently in the system.
- Develop and execute test cases required to for all configuration, functionality, and security requirements to audit and monitor user acceptance testing.
- Perform all regular system maintenance testing requirements for upgrades and enhancements, executing test cases against quality standard user acceptance and regression testing to maintain operational excellence.
- Document and map all business processes using Microsoft Visio to inspect and investigate how to make it work better, and for knowledge sharing solutions and experiences with the HRIS team.
- Develop training material, tools, and resources to drive integrated and consistent company-wide system processes.
- Remain current on HR system requirements by actively participating in the online system community and human resource data analytics trends by providing recommendations for continuous improvement of our systems and processes.
Bi-annual Workday System Releases:
- Manage P&C functional administrators as project lead through the bi-annual Workday Release process by guiding the end-users and systems team through integrity testing, integrations, and the overall Workday solution.
- Identify and research Workday release knowledge through the Workday Community as a “Named Contact”.
- Identify and troubleshoot integrity gaps, develop scalable solutions, and document and deploy fixes that increase automation and enhance data quality and integrity.
- Troubleshoot and test system and integration issues by identifying root cause and implements/oversees required correction to prevent recurrence. Advance HR system functionality by researching and deploying system enhancements every 6-months during post-release roadmap optimization period.
Reporting & Analytics:
- Design, create, and maintain routine and ad hoc HR queries, reporting, and metrics.
- Work collaboratively with People & Culture and business stakeholders to develop and deliver people reporting to meet current and future business needs on demand, quarterly, and annual basis.
- Responsible for preparing dashboards on people data changes and trends for management use.
- Develop talent metrics and analytical models to support capacity planning, program effectiveness, identify business challenges and use data analysis to help influence changes to the operations, process or programs, and drive broader business strategies, and support organization-wide decision-making.
- Enable and support system usage by reporting on end-user entries, activity, and system changes.
Communication and Partnering with Business:
- Create variety of communications, job aid tools, and desktop procedure resources to ensure functionality is understood by all audiences; system-admin, end-users, and managers, and the systems value is maximized throughout the organization.
- Provide guidance and direction to HRIS team staff.
- Ensure complex, technical concepts and functionality is understood across all audiences.
- Collaborate and partner with stakeholders and P&C team to drive seamless client experience to management and employees.
EDUCATION, EXPERIENCE & QUALIFICATIONS:
- Bachelor’s Degree or completed Post-Secondary school education in a Quantitative discipline or with an HR focus
- 6-8 yrs progressively responsible experience in HR and specifically HRIS focus
- 3 to 5 yrs of direct experience in similar role / capacity
- 1-2 project management experience of system enhancements and implementations
- Experience with cloud-based HCM/HR systems (Workday a strong asset)
- Advanced Excel and Access skills with ability to quickly create and modify complex reports, spreadsheets and databases
- High-level of critical thinking, strong troubleshooting and investigation skills
- Project management, at any scale or level, as asset. Able to work within a project plan
- Strong communication skills, able to document business requirements from owners and effectively communicate with IT and more technical individuals to ensure full understanding on both sides
- Strong data management and audit skills
- Highly detail-oriented
- Strong collaboration skills, able to flex and work closely within an internal team, the P&C team, and the closely with the IT department and across the business
- CHRL / CHRP an asset
- Bilingual French an asset
- Work environment is a newly renovated office environment (office temporarily closed due to pandemic, return to work based on evolving covid protocols)
- Able to work independently and deliver on self-directed results
- Long hours on a computer screen, auditing spreadsheets or testing configurations
- No travel required at this time.
WHAT WE OFFER:
- Competitive salary and bonus
- Benefits and Pension Plan
- Product Allowances & Safe Ride Home Program
- An organization that cares about Corporate Social Responsibility
- Tuition reimbursement
- Training & Development Programs
- An opportunity to learn about the world of wine
Number of Openings:
We are committed to establishing a qualified workforce that reflects the diverse population it serves and we encourage applications from all qualified individuals. We are also committed to preventing and removing barriers to employment for people with disabilities, and we invite you to inform us should you have any accessibility or accommodation needs.