Please make sure to attach both a resume and cover letter to complete your application.
ASPCA strives to maintain a COVID-free workplace. To that end, being fully vaccinated is a condition of employment for all ASPCA employees, including new hires. ASPCA makes reasonable accommodations for qualified applicants with disabilities or sincerely held religious beliefs that prohibit a person from being vaccinated.
As an integral part of the People Team, the Compensation Analyst will be responsible for providing technical, analytical, and general administrative support to the Compensation function on the People Team. This person will obtain and analyze competitive market data and partner with leaders across the organization to generate salary offers, promotional increases, and other compensation adjustments while ensuring internal equity across all organizational pay levels. The Compensation Analyst, working alongside the Senior Director, Compensation and two Compensation Team colleagues, will be responsible for salary benchmark analyses, position evaluations, compliance reporting, compensation and time tracking administration in Workday, compensation training materials and salary survey participation – projects which play a critical role in supporting our competitive and equitable compensation and rewards system. This is an ideal role for someone who excels at both analytical and interpersonal work and feels motivated to help the ASPCA realize its vision of animals living good lives: where animals are valued by society, protected by its laws, and free from cruelty, pain and suffering. The Compensation Analyst reports directly to the Senior Director, Compensation and will be based either remotely or out of our NYC 8th Avenue office.
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
Compensation Analysis (50%)
- Recommend new hire salary offers and pay rate changes for promotions/transfers/salary adjustments through our position evaluation process, based on internal peer positioning and market analysis, for staff and when needed, contingent workforce
- Collaborate on internal and external research and analysis (e.g. position evaluations, reclassification evaluations, and exempt and non-exempt determinations) and advise management on pay decisions, job evaluations/classifications and all compensation guidelines, policies and procedures
- Work collaboratively with Hiring Managers, Talent Acquisition and People Partners on identified role(s) in need of a compensation analysis
- Lead in the participation of external compensation/salary surveys
- Research and analyze published compensation surveys and sources to gather data and determine organization’s competitive position
- Benchmark jobs against survey data and other market research to determine competitive compensation ranges for identified positions, in alignment with our organization’s compensation philosophy.
- Deliver timely and quality customer service to employee and managerial compensation inquiries
- Support preparation for union negotiations and execute on collective bargaining agreement’s compensation and rewards practices as needed
- Participate in overall People Team projects as a compensation subject matter expert (e.g. revamp of job descriptions) as needed
Compensation Compliance and Administration (25%)
- Lead all compensation-related compliance efforts related to managing federal, state and local minimum wage increases, timely collection of Wage Theft Protection Act (WTPA) forms at onboarding, regulatory reporting requirements, and any other ongoing compliance efforts as needed
- Identify and record FLSA classification for reviewed roles
- Maintain geographic home locations tracker for staff and candidate requests and ensure staff are assigned correct geographic zone
- Audit and follow-up with staff and managers to ensure timely merit increase processing that occurs outside of Advanced Compensation
- Provide back-up time tracking administration support
- Support in identifying and correcting payroll discrepancies due to compensation or time tracking errors
- Assist with calculating, administering, and processing union-related raises and one-off merit increases occurring outside of the Performance Review cycle
- Provide support in the implementation and ongoing administration of compensation systems including the compensation structure, maintenance of complete compensation history, job description library, developing and maintaining job profiles and new positions in Workday, as needed
- Coordinate and provide general administrative support to the Compensation team as needed
- Support Compensation Team and Vice President, People Operations and Partnership on special compliance-related projects and ad-hoc reporting as needed
Compensation Communications and Resources (25%)
- Outline and draft select compensation-related communications
- Participate in the maintenance of the Compensation Team’s Workplace Resource and Knowledge Library pages
- Contribute to the development of new tools (e.g. job aids, training decks), approaches, and improved processes pertaining to compensation, position evaluation and related topics
- Keep the Compensation Policy Guidelines up to date and easily accessible to staff
- Maintain any comp-related Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs) for the Compensation team
- Create and facilitate live and recorded compensation trainings for our staff
- At least 4 years of professional work experience.
- At least 2 years’ experience working in a compensation-analyst function
- Experience with Workday or other HRIS database systems preferred
- Membership with World at Work, Society for Human Resource Management (SHRM) or Professional in Human Resources (PHR/SPHR) preferred
- CCP certification a plus
- General compensation knowledge including compliance with state and or federal laws as well as the administration of our compensation program, including union and non-union employees
- Basic knowledge of payroll processes
Ability to maintain strict confidentiality when dealing with sensitive information, Ability to prioritize and complete multiple task, Collaborate well with others, Effective communication skills including a welcoming and patient demeanor; must possess an assertive yet tactful and respectful manner, Excellent time management and prioritization skills are necessary, Must be proficient with Microsoft Office suite of programs, including advanced Excel skills (e.g. creating pivot tables, VLOOKUP formulas, IF statements), Strong attention to detail, process orientation, and accuracy, Strong critical thinking, problem solving, and decision-making skills
Education and Work Experience:
High School Diploma (Required)
Our EEO Policy:
The ASPCA is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, creed, religion, sex, national origin, ancestry, gender, gender identity or expression, age, marital or domestic partner status, citizenship status, sexual orientation, disability, genetic information, military or veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state or local laws, regulations or ordinances.
Applicants with disabilities may be entitled to a reasonable accommodation under the terms of the Americans with Disabilities Act and certain state or local laws. A reasonable accommodation is a change in the ASPCA’s standard application process, which will ensure an equal employment opportunity without imposing undue hardship on the ASPCA. Please inform the ASPCA’s People Team if you need an accommodation in order to complete any forms or to otherwise participate in the application process.
Individuals seeking employment are considered without regards to race, color, creed, religion, sex, national origin, ancestry, gender, gender identity or expression, age, marital or domestic partner status, citizenship status, sexual orientation, disability, genetic information, military or veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state or local laws, regulations or ordinances.
ASPCA is an Equal Opportunity Employer (M/F/D/V).
Please don’t forget to attach your resume and cover letter to complete your application.