United States Virtual
We have a new opportunity for a Director of Talent Planning & Pipeline Programs who will help Assurant reimagine where and how work gets done and improve organizational agility. You will identify, design, and execute global talent strategies and programs to achieve this. This will help us effectively identify and assess talent to bench strength at all levels for differentiated segments.
As the Director, Talent Planning & Pipeline Programs, you will develop talent planning, assessment, and pipeline programs for top talent development support. You will support the overall business strategy, strategic alignment, projected value for investment (time and funding), speed to delivery, employee experience, and sustainability over time.
This is an individual contributor role. As the Talent Marketplace strategy evolves, the team is expected to grow.
There are flexible work options for this opportunity, including:
- 100% Virtual
- Hybrid (work from home some days and onsite at one of our office locations other days, provided you live nearby one of our onsite locations)
- 100% onsite if you live nearby and prefer to work from one of our office locations
What will be my duties and responsibilities in this job?
- Understand the business and build strong business relationships across levels so that we are best positioned to diagnose needs, anticipate current and future needs, prioritize where support and impact would be most significant, and develop plans to deliver on the organization’s goals and objectives
- Own the design, build, procurement, and implementation of fit-for-purpose, cost-effective, sustainable programs and solutions that deliver results, leveraging a digital-first approach when appropriate
- Build on our framework to extend our philosophy, strategies, and processes to support a broader audience for talent and succession planning
- Assess the efficacy of solutions by defining and tracking how to impact
- Outcomes will be measured with an eye on aspects such as performance, progression, adoption, employee and manager experience, engagement, retention, etc.
- Continuously improving programs and processes to increase efficacy over time
- Source and actively manage vendors who are part of our service delivery model to ensure desired outcomes are achieved
- Manage and optimize available budget while building compelling business cases with business sponsorship to procure additional posts and funding when necessary
- Keep up on best practices and industry trends and work across our Talent function to ensure we develop a strong engine and infrastructure to support high-quality talent programs and solutions that are scalable in some cases and highly targeted in others
- Proactively identify, engage, and keep key stakeholders informed of plans and progress, soliciting their input and co-designing solutions as needed
What are the requirements needed for this position?
- Bachelor’s degree, preferably in business, HR, or Organization Development
- Prior experience in a global, preferably Fortune 500 company
- 7 years in a Talent or HR/People related function
- 7 years in a people or program leadership role
- Prior experience designing, leading talent assessment and succession processes
- Prior experience designing and leading high-potential development programs
What other skills/experience would be helpful to have?
- Prior experience in a fast-paced organization within the technology, mobile, or financial services industry
- 5 years working within a Global Fortune 500 company
- Prior experience managing global projects and initiatives.
- Cross-functional collaboration with processes and technology in new and creative ways to deliver solutions
- Prior experience with Workday
How much should I expect to travel?
Up to 10% travel may be required annually
$97,100.00 – $161,900.00
The posted pay range considers a wide range of compensation factors, including candidate background, experience and work location, while also allowing for salary growth within the position.
Helping People Thrive in a Connected World
We work with the world’s top brands to make smart devices simpler. Vehicles last longer. Homes more secure. Problems easier to solve. And we volunteer in communities all over the globe to help the world become a greener, better place. We come from a variety of countries, cultures and backgrounds. But we’re united by our enduring values of common sense, common decency, uncommon thinking and uncommon results. So connect with us. Bring us your best work and your brightest ideas. And we’ll bring you a place where you can thrive.
Learn more at jobs.assurant.com.
For U.S. benefit information, visit myassurantbenefits.com. For benefit information outside the U.S., please speak with your recruiter.
Our Culture Defined
Our unique culture is a big reason why talented people choose Assurant and why they tend to stay. Although we have a wide variety of skills and experiences, we share common characteristics that are uniquely Assurant. A passion for service. An ability to innovate in practical ways. And a willingness to take chances. We believe that staying on top doesn’t mean sacrificing our values. We believe clarity of vision and a sense of purpose will carry us forward. And we take charge of our own success. We call it The Assurant Way.
Assurant is a leading global business services company that supports, protects and connects major consumer purchases. A Fortune 500 company with a presence in 21 countries, Assurant supports the advancement of the connected world by partnering with the world’s leading brands to develop innovative solutions and deliver an enhanced customer experience through mobile device solutions, extended service contracts, vehicle protection services, renters insurance, lender-placed insurance products and other specialty products.
Equal Opportunity Statement
Assurant is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer and does not use or consider race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local law in employment decisions.