Why work with Assurant?
The world is more connected than ever. Smart technology is empowering connectivity everywhere, from our phones and wearables to our homes and cars. Assurant supports the businesses that are advancing the connected world for their customers, making technology more accessible and eco-friendly. So connect with us. Bring us your best work and your brightest ideas, and we’ll bring you a place where you can thrive.
What's the role about?
The People Advisor supports people leaders and teams through the People Organization rhythms, and promotes a culture of engagement, growth and performance that delivers on Assurant's values and focus on team experience.
- Plan and execute people initiatives and interventions that enhance the day to day operations of the People Org function in New Zealand
- Contribute to the creation, implementation and delivery of the People Org plan for Australia, New Zealand & Singapore.
- Coaching the teams through People Org process rhythms – think talent rhythms, performance calibrations, and salary reviews
- Partner with people leaders and support their efforts around team engagement including planning actions to deliver on feedback and implementing new, creative people initiatives
- Connecting with growth potential talent to coach and support their self-leadership and team leadership skills, preparing them for ongoing career growth and success
- Provide performance coaching and advice that may include participation in disciplinary meetings with team members and managers
- Provide talent acquisition assistance such as interviewing, candidate assessments, and selection with people leaders as needed
- Advocating and supporting the Diversity, Equity & Inclusion strategy, activities & initiatives for New Zealand
- Utilise people analytics, metrics and workforce reporting to understand trends, and partner with people leaders to develop actions to enhance the team experience
- Provide leaders and team members policy interpretation and guidance, with a focus on coaching managers to explore and consider courses of action, potential risks, and decision making
Some of the benefits we offer to our team members are:
- Development programs & LinkedIn learning courses as well as study grants and support for higher education
- Cultural day off to celebrate what’s important to you
- International and Local mentoring programs
- Discounted Employee Share Purchase Program
- Diversity panels and employee resource groups
- 6 weeks company paid parental leave, and accrued Superannuation contributions while on unpaid leave
- Hybrid work model – 3 days onsite, 2 days remote
- Novated vehicle leasing
- Volunteering opportunities to give back to a cause that is important to you
Does this sound like you?
- 3+ years’ experience in People & Culture / Human Resources, or a similar role
- Strong knowledge of local employee relations framework, Health & Safety and other related legislation
- Strong advocate for DEI initiatives, and having a team and customer first mindset
- Recognises, recommends and creates action-oriented plans, delivering an ever better team experience
- Strong communication skills – confident, influential and engaging style
- Ability to balance and move between People and Commercial perspectives and thinking
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment meeting tight deadlines while multitasking
- Payroll administration experience advantageous
- Experience with Workday preferred
If you think you are a fit for this role, please click the link to apply.
Submit your resume accompanied by a cover letter detailing your experiences and suitability for the role. The successful applicant will be subject to relevant background checks such as reference checks and a police check.
At Assurant, we celebrate the differences that make us who we are. By assembling extraordinary teams from a variety of races, religions, sexual orientations, gender identities, ages, experiences, and abilities, we’re able to better reflect the global communities where we live and work. By working to remove barriers, we ensure equity for everyone. The pursuit of inclusion rests with each of us. Because it’s only by listening to and representing the unique voices of every individual that we can innovate for all.
For further information about Assurant, please visit our website: https://www.assurant.com/