Workday Advanced Compensation Lead
As the Workday Advanced Compensation Lead, you will provide leadership in the set-up, administration, and maintenance of the compensation elements in Workday. This will also be supporting systems to enable the execution of business processes, and annual events and to ensure the integrity of this data. You will serve as the project leader for the Workday Compensation activities for the annual compensation cycle including the payments under company-wide incentive programs.
What will be my duties and responsibilities in this job?
- Partner with leaders across the People organization and IT to design, test, and implement Compensation initiatives within Workday to meet compliance and business needs of Assurant globally, while maintaining consistency and accuracy.
- Serve as the project leader and subject matter expert for the Compensation set-up and administration of Workday as part of the Annual Compensation Review which includes base pay (i.e., merit) and enterprise-wide bonus programs. Maintains the set-up of Workday Compensation based on needs defined by the Compensation team.
- Seek out opportunities to improve compensation data and processes by rethinking existing Compensation designs and setup.
- Consistently seek for and drive process efficiencies that remove administration effort from end-users.
- Keep up to date with all Workday releases, improvements, and upgrades and make recommendations accordingly. Monitor and research the Community for solutions as needed.
- Serve as the subject matter expert and/or project leader for acquisitions, new locations, and changes to Human Capital Management design that impacts compensation data.
- Manage testing activities for all compensation-related activities. Develop test plans, scope, scenarios, and scripts. Identify and prepare testers based on the needs of each project. Identify testing risks and contributes to the overall management of project and risk plans.
- Maintain the integrity of compensation-related data in Workday and related systems. Partner with several cross-functional areas to uncover, evaluate, and resolve data quality problems, identify root cause,and make recommendations for long-term solutions.
- Document Compensation designs and processes and develop training/job aids as needed to enable others to effectively execute these processes.
What are the requirements needed for this position?
- 1-year of project management experience. This will include project planning and tracking principles; project risk and issues identification, assessment, change management, and mitigation.
- 1-year managing and utilizing Workday Advanced Compensation directly
- 3 years of experience Strong expertise in Workday core compensation and advanced compensation to support set-up, administration, testing, and reporting responsibilities. Generally, would require working with Workday core compensation and advanced compensation modules.
- Proficiency in Excel
What other skills/experience would be helpful to have?
- Thorough understanding of planning, analysis, and testing techniques.
- Ability to coordinate system testing cycle, issues tracking, and resolution
- Familiarity with compensation foundations, terminology, and processes.
- Consultation and interpersonal skills and the ability to work in a collaborative environment
- Analytical skills including the ability to analyze a variety of data, determine validity, draw conclusions, make recommendations, and present such in a clear, concise, and easily understandable manner
- Organizational skills and attention to detail. Ability to multi-task, prioritize work and meet deadlines
- Requires ability to communicate effectively both orally and in writing to management, team members, business, and technology professionals
What are the working conditions and physical requirements of this job?
This role will be a work-from-home opportunity.
Assurant, Inc. is a global leader in business services for the connected world. Our lifestyle and housing solutions help leading brands grow revenue, manage risk and deliver a great experience for their customers. We support, connect and service over 300 million consumers worldwide, helping people get more value from their connected devices, vehicles and homes. Assurant is a proud member of the Fortune 500, with decades of experience in the industries we serve.
For more information, please visit assurant.com.
For U.S. benefit information, visit myassurantbenefits.com. For benefit information outside the U.S., please speak with your recruiter.
Equal Opportunity Statement
Assurant is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer. All aspects of consideration for employment and employment with the company are governed based on merit, competence and qualifications without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or any other category protected by federal, state or local law.