Join us as we work to create a thriving ecosystem that delivers accessible, high-quality, and sustainable healthcare for all.
athenahealth is a progressive and innovation-driven healthcare software product company. We partner with healthcare organizations across the care continuum to drive clinical and financial results. Our expert teams build modern technology on an open, connected ecosystem, yielding insights that make a difference for our customers and their patients. We maintain a unique values-driven employee culture and offer a flexible work-life balance. As evidence of our rapid growth and industry leadership, we were recently acquired by one of the world’s leading private investment firms (Bain Capital) for $17bn! and we have many new strategic product initiatives for 2023.
We are headquartered in Watertown, US, and our India offices are in Bangalore, Chennai, and Pune.
Position Summary: We are looking for an “HR Analytics, Senior Manager” for our athenahealth People Analytics Team. Our mission is to develop trustworthy, easy-to-use, and scalable, products that provide valuable business insights to athenahealth and HR leadership. This role will be reporting to the Executive Director of HR Operations – who is responsible for analyzing HR data to gain actionable insights about our growing global talent.
HR Data Analytics Team Mission
· Develop trustworthy, easy-to-use, and scalable products that provide valuable business insights to athenahealth
Typical day in the role
· Approach work with a strategic mindset focused on improving data, measuring impact, and driving change.
· Collaborate with HR team members and external stakeholders to understand their business outcomes and provide them with relevant data-driven insights.
· Develop, own, and optimize existing HR reports (e.g., HR Scorecard, HR Functional Dashboard, etc.) to drive meaningful business results.
· Construct forecasts, recommendations, and strategic/tactical plans based on business data and market knowledge.
· Build dashboards, analyze trends, and communicate results that drive the organization to action.
· Continuously improve existing data inventory through governance and QA processes
· Collaborate with athenaIT to drive automation and evolve data infrastructure.
· Manage project lifecycle with stakeholders to understand requirements, assess complexity, determine timelines, and deliver.
· Report status to stakeholders and team leadership
· 10 + years of experience working as a data/business analyst.
· 5 + years of applied experience in data collection, analysis, and reporting (preferably with HR data)
· 3 + years of project management experience
· Strong Excel skills, including pivots, vlookups, conditional formatting, large record sets, and VBA programming.
· Experience with DAX programming and creating PowerBI dashboards is required.
· Experience with data management and analysis tools such as SQL, Power BI, Tableau, Python, Pandas, NumPy
· Programming skills in at least one language (Python, VBA, Java/C#, other)
· Knowledge of statistical tools (Hypothesis testing, Regression, time series forecasting, etc.)
· Tell meaningful and accurate stories using data
· Handle confidential information
· Preferred experience with Workday, Snowflake, Informatica, and SQL/Oracle
Who you are
· A thinker – systems, critical, outside-the-box
· You challenge the status quo.
· Work independently
· Problem solver
· Detail oriented
· Overly communicative
· Work globally and virtually
Here’s our vision: To create a thriving ecosystem that delivers accessible, high-quality, and sustainable healthcare for all.
What’s unique about our locations?
From an historic, 19th century arsenal to a converted, landmark power plant, all of athenahealth’s offices were carefully chosen to represent our innovative spirit and promote the most positive and productive work environment for our teams. Our 10 offices across the United States and India — plus numerous remote employees — all work to modernize the healthcare experience, together.
Our company culture might be our best feature.
We don't take ourselves too seriously. But our work? That’s another story. athenahealth develops and implements products and services that support US healthcare: It’s our chance to create healthier futures for ourselves, for our family and friends, for everyone.
Our vibrant and talented employees — or athenistas, as we call ourselves — spark the innovation and passion needed to accomplish our goal. We continue to expand our workforce with amazing people who bring diverse backgrounds, experiences, and perspectives at every level, and foster an environment where every athenista feels comfortable bringing their best selves to work.
Our size makes a difference, too: We are small enough that your individual contributions will stand out — but large enough to grow your career with our resources and established business stability.
Giving back is integral to our culture. Our athenaGives platform strives to support food security, expand access to high-quality healthcare for all, and support STEM education to develop providers and technologists who will provide access to high-quality healthcare for all in the future. As part of the evolution of athenahealth’s Corporate Social Responsibility (CSR) program, we’ve selected nonprofit partners that align with our purpose and let us foster long-term partnerships for charitable giving, employee volunteerism, insight sharing, collaboration, and cross-team engagement.
What can we do for you?
Along with health and financial benefits, athenistas enjoy perks specific to each location, including commuter support, employee assistance programs, tuition assistance, employee resource groups, and collaborative workspaces — some offices even welcome dogs.
In addition to our traditional benefits and perks, we sponsor events throughout the year, including book clubs, external speakers, and hackathons. And we provide athenistas with a company culture based on learning, the support of an engaged team, and an inclusive environment where all employees are valued.
We also encourage a better work-life balance for athenistas with our flexibility. While we know in-office collaboration is critical to our vision, we recognize that not all work needs to be done within an office environment, full-time. With consistent communication and digital collaboration tools, athenahealth enables employees to find a balance that feels fulfilling and productive for each individual situation.