Join us as we work to create a thriving ecosystem that delivers accessible, high-quality, and sustainable healthcare for all.
We are looking for a Member of Technical Staff to join our athenaIT within our Bangalore R&D division. Your job will be to build products and services for athenaIT. Help us reach our goal of becoming the healthcare backbone by enhancing our cloud based EHR solution and leveraging the network effect of 85,400+ providers. Apply your technical skills towards allowing doctors to be doctors so that they are able to spend more time doing what they do best: provide patient care.
The Team: Deliver customer value in the form of high-quality software components and services in adherence with RPR policies on Security, performance, longevity and Integration testing. Proactively identify and proposes new, alternative technology in order to create scalable implementations and achieve results
- Work on user requests and develop solutions for Workday Core HCM, Compensation, Benefits, Recruiting, Absence and Time Tracking functional areas
- Build, test, and support HCM solutions by using Workday tools such as Enterprise Interface Builder (EIB), Cloud Connect, Core Connector, Workday Studio, Report Designer, and Oxygen XML Editor.
- Build, test, and support inbound and outbound integrations with 3rd party systems using Workday tools, XML, XSLT, XPATH, SOAP and REST.
- Build, test, and support data extractions from Workday to feed the corporate data lake for business intelligence and reporting.
- Build, test, and support data synchronization jobs between multiple 3rd party systems.
- Build, test, and support HCM workflows using Workday’s business process engine.
- Use Object Transporter to migrate the code from DEV to UAT and PROD environments.
- Test and analyze the impact of the biannual Workday version upgrades on existing jobs, integrations, process flows, and reports.
- Troubleshoot and provide timely resolution of production issues and incidents.
- Produce accurate, unambiguous technical design specifications to the appropriate detail
- Critique technical documentation as needed
- Accurately estimate the size of development tasks in story points; challenge other during estimation
- Understand and follow coding conventions, architectures, and best practices; hold other members of the team accountable for doing so
- Write, debug, and deploy code to production; deliver timely fixes
- Scale systems to meet business demand
- Participate on scrum teams following practices outlined by team
- Take ownership of what the team builds after the release; consider customer adoption as success criteria
- Contribute to agile ceremonies to improve team performance
- Volunteer for work in the backlog and commit to quality delivery; Coordinate efforts across the team to ensure completion and effectiveness
- Participate and contribute to scrum meetings i.e. daily stand-up, sprint planning, readouts and retrospectives
- Drive self-organization; help determine how the team functions in collaboration with your peers
- 2-4 years of experience in an engineering role
- Experience in Workday required
- Workday Functional certified preferred in 2 or more functional areas
- Experience in Workday Reporting
- Experience in an Agile environment preferred
- Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent
- Significant software engineering skills and computer science experience
- Workday HCM knowledge and experience must include worker information, audit & internal controls, security management, reports, compensation, benefits, and absence.
- Experience with Workday tools such as Enterprise Interface Builder (EIB), Core Connector, Cloud Connect, Workday Studio, Report Designer, and Oxygen XML Editor.
- Experience integrating Workday HCM with various other 3rd party systems (e.g., recruiting systems, payroll, benefit providers).
- Experience with ServiceNow, Jira, Kronos, SQL, and Tableau is highly desirable, but not required.
- Ability to work within a geographically diverse team.
- Precise attention to detail with a positive attitude and healthy sense of humor.
- Must be comfortable with juggling multiple priorities with the ability to manage time effectively.
- Excellent problem-solving, analytical and investigative skills
- Excellent organization and time management skills.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Previous experience working in an Agile environment preferred.
- Our Vision: To create a thriving ecosystem that delivers accessible, high-quality, and sustainable healthcare for all.
- Our Location: This role will be based in Bengaluru, India. Our Global Headquarters is located in Watertown, MA, just a few miles from Boston. We have two other India locations in Chennai and Pune.
- Our Culture: At athenahealth, our employees (or “athenistas”) are committed to making healthcare smarter. Our success is dependent on the diversity, collective spirit, and contributions of our people, clients and partners. We value teamwork and believe that the strength of our team comes from supporting each other and leveraging our specialized skills. If you are looking for company that will enable you to work outside of your comfort zone to transform the healthcare ecosystem, athenahealth is the place for you.
- Our Perks: Along with health & financial benefits, our athenistas are offered a variety of perks that promote employee wellbeing such as commuter support and collaborative workspaces. Just to name a few
Here’s our vision: To create a thriving ecosystem that delivers accessible, high-quality, and sustainable healthcare for all.
What’s unique about our locations?
From an historic, 19th century arsenal to a converted, landmark power plant, all of athenahealth’s offices were carefully chosen to represent our innovative spirit and promote the most positive and productive work environment for our teams. Our 10 offices across the United States and India — plus numerous remote employees — all work to modernize the healthcare experience, together.
Our company culture might be our best feature.
We don’t take ourselves too seriously. But our work? That’s another story. athenahealth develops and implements products and services that support US healthcare: It’s our chance to create healthier futures for ourselves, for our family and friends, for everyone.
Our vibrant and talented employees — or athenistas, as we call ourselves — spark the innovation and passion needed to accomplish our goal. We continue to expand our workforce with amazing people who bring diverse backgrounds, experiences, and perspectives at every level, and foster an environment where every athenista feels comfortable bringing their best selves to work.
Our size makes a difference, too: We are small enough that your individual contributions will stand out — but large enough to grow your career with our resources and established business stability.
Giving back is integral to our culture. Our athenaGives platform strives to support food security, expand access to high-quality healthcare for all, and support STEM education to develop providers and technologists who will provide access to high-quality healthcare for all in the future. As part of the evolution of athenahealth’s Corporate Social Responsibility (CSR) program, we’ve selected nonprofit partners that align with our purpose and let us foster long-term partnerships for charitable giving, employee volunteerism, insight sharing, collaboration, and cross-team engagement.
What can we do for you?
Along with health and financial benefits, athenistas enjoy perks specific to each location, including commuter support, employee assistance programs, tuition assistance, employee resource groups, and collaborative workspaces — some offices even welcome dogs.
In addition to our traditional benefits and perks, we sponsor events throughout the year, including book clubs, external speakers, and hackathons. And we provide athenistas with a company culture based on learning, the support of an engaged team, and an inclusive environment where all employees are valued.
We also encourage a better work-life balance for athenistas with our flexibility. While we know in-office collaboration is critical to our vision, we recognize that not all work needs to be done within an office environment, full-time. With consistent communication and digital collaboration tools, athenahealth enables employees to find a balance that feels fulfilling and productive for each individual situation.