Kansas City, MO
Kansas City Embassy Suites
Area Director, Human Resources
Atrium SPIRIT – where teamwork, passion and appreciation ignite service excellence
Atrium Hospitality is on the lookout for a dynamic and passionate Area Director, Human Resources to join our team overseeing the bustling Embassy Suites, the cozy Homewood Suites, and the vibrant Courtyard in Kansas City! Nestled along the beautiful Missouri River, Kansas City is not just famous for its barbecue and jazz scene, but also for its warm and welcoming atmosphere. As the Area Director, you'll be at the forefront of cultivating an environment where our team members thrive, ensuring that our hotels continue to be the heartbeat of hospitality in this energetic and diverse city. If you're ready to infuse your HR expertise with the spirit of Kansas City, we want to hear from you!
Atrium Hospitality is seeking a dynamic Area Director, Human Resources to ensure that Associates are fully assimilated into their operational roles by managing Associate performance and development, ensuring appropriate compensation, facilitating talent acquisition, overseeing employee relations, and supporting administrative needs.
- Balance and prioritize the operational and human resources needs across multiple properties while driving the Corporate HR responsibilities, initiatives and programs
- Leverage our HR technology capacities in order to maximize efficiencies (to include electronic performance management process)
- In partnership with property leadership teams, drive, model and promote our Core Values with all internal and external interactions.
- Develop and manage relationships with property leadership team members in order to support positive associate relations while providing coaching and development, as needed
- Demonstrate the ability to assess talent and analyze skill gap in order to develop and facilitate training and development plans (as a group and on an individual basis)
- Engage with leadership teams while on property and in a remote consultative capacity while also serving as an escalation point as needed
- In partnership with the property General Managers, drive compensation strategies to ensure that our total rewards strategies are equitable and competitive; this includes ongoing monitoring of the local market trends.
- Administer company’s annual merit review process per established guidelines
- Leverage relationships with local workforce development and other talent resources to build and maintain strong talent pools (i.e. veteran organizations, female and minority centric groups, local college recruiting, etc.)
- Partner with Corporate Talent Acquisition resources to own and drive the full cycle recruiting process for all positions within scope of role (includes Exempt and Non-Exempt recruiting needs)
- Address associate concerns in a timely manner, leading and record investigations via Ethics Point within the Area to ensure adherence to Atrium’s policies, procedures and applicable laws
- Champion Atrium’s Core Values and business practices to ensure compliance with policies and applicable employment laws
- Partner with the property managers to serve as the central point of contact (POC) for claims management of all Workers Compensation and safety matters by monitoring and managing related key performance indicators
- Ensure proper and timely handling of all unemployment claims
- Maintain Atrium Hospitality HR Audit standards and metrics
- New Hire/Onboarding
- Ensure communication vehicles are visible and available for all associates
- Ensure managers are properly trained and guided on all compliance related matters (to include Leave of Absence administration)
- Demonstrated understanding of underutilization and how to ensure appropriate outreach efforts are in place to include monitoring and administering Affirmative Action Plans (AAPs) for properties
- Develop a comprehensive Affirmative Action Plan each year. Maintain documentation for all accommodations
- Own Brand and Atrium required training (to include proper record keeping)
- Ensure the proper administration of CBAs (as applicable)
- Any and all other work as required to complete the primary purpose of the position.
Salary Range: 75k – 100k
What you will need to be considered for this role:
5-7 years of progressive HR leadership experience to include solid HR Generalist responsibilities
Bachelor’s Degree in related field of study or commensurate experience
Advanced proficiency of technology capabilities across various HRIS platforms and related technologies
What will set you apart:
2 years of Hospitality experience
Prior multi-property experience
Active HR Certification
When you’re an Atrium Associate, you’re a part of a crucial workforce providing the ultimate ‘Home Away From Home’ for our guests. We know that it takes a lot of time and effort to provide these exceptional experiences, so we reward your efforts with a competitive compensation plan and other benefits and perks that allow you to offer your best to our guests. These benefits include:
- Daily Pay
- Significant Travel Discounts on Marriott and/or Hilton properties
- 401k Plans
- Medical Insurance
- Other property specific benefits
Plus, we make sure you can grow your career the way you want to through Internship programs, training and development and over 80 hotels that offer incredible opportunities for career driven associates.
Actual compensation packages are based on a wide array of factors unique to each candidate, including but not limited to skill set, years & depth of experience, certifications and specific office location. This may differ in other locations due to cost of labor considerations.
Atrium Hospitality provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.
Atrium Hospitality brinda igualdad de oportunidades de empleo a todos los empleados y aplicantes de empleo y prohíbe la discriminación y el acoso de cualquier tipo sin distinción de raza, color, religión, edad, sexo, origen nacional, estado de discapacidad, genética, estado de veterano protegido, orientación sexual, género de identidad o expresión, o cualquier otra característica protegida por las leyes federales, estatales o locales. Esta política se aplica a todos los términos y condiciones de empleo, incluido el reclutamiento, la contratación, la colocación, la promoción, la terminación, el despido, el retiro, la transferencia, las licencias, la compensación y la capacitación.
Notice of candidate Privacy Rights: https://atriumhospitality.com/privacy-policy/