East Peoria, IL
East Peoria Embassy Suites
Bonus Eligible: Yes
Direct Reports: Yes
Reports To: General Manager
Equipment: Laptop, cell phone allowance
Relocation Assistance Available
The Primary Purpose of the Area Director, Human Resourcesr is to ensure that Associates are fully assimilated into their operational roles by managing Associate performance and development, ensuring appropriate compensation, facilitating talent acquisition, overseeing employee relations, and supporting administrative needs.
Supports these locations: Marriott Madison Wisconsin, Embassy Suites East Peoria, and Marriott Normal Illinois. Primary office location determined by Area Director of HR. Relocation assistance available to one of these three locations.
- Balance and prioritize the operational and human resources needs across multiple properties while driving the Corporate HR responsibilities, initiatives and programs
- Leverage our HR technology capacities in order to maximize efficiencies (to include electronic performance management process)
- In partnership with property leadership teams, drive, model and promote our Core Values with all internal and external interactions.
- Develop and manage relationships with property leadership team members in order to support positive associate relations while providing coaching and development, as needed
- Demonstrate the ability to assess talent and analyze skill gap in order to develop and facilitate training and development plans (as a group and on an individual basis)
- Engage with leadership teams while on property and in a remote consultative capacity while also serving as an escalation point as needed
- In partnership with the property General Managers, drive compensation strategies to ensure that our total rewards strategies are equitable and competitive; this includes ongoing monitoring of the local market trends.
- Administer company’s annual merit review process per established guidelines
- Leverage relationships with local workforce development and other talent resources to build and maintain strong talent pools (i.e. veteran organizations, female and minority centric groups, local college recruiting, etc.)
- Partner with Corporate Talent Acquisition resources to own and drive the full cycle recruiting process for all positions within scope of role (includes Exempt and Non-Exempt recruiting needs)
- Address associate concerns in a timely manner, leading and record investigations via Ethics Point within the Area to ensure adherence to Atrium’s policies, procedures and applicable laws
- Champion Atrium’s Core Values and business practices to ensure compliance with policies and applicable employment laws
- Partner with the property managers to serve as the central point of contact (POC) for claims management of all Workers Compensation and safety matters by monitoring and managing related key performance indicators
- Ensure proper and timely handling of all unemployment claims
- Maintain Atrium Hospitality HR Audit standards and metrics
- New Hire/Onboarding
- Ensure communication vehicles are visible and available for all associates
- Ensure managers are properly trained and guided on all compliance related matters (to include Leave of Absence administration)
- Demonstrated understanding of underutilization and how to ensure appropriate outreach efforts are in place to include monitoring and administering Affirmative Action Plans (AAPs) for properties
- Develop a comprehensive Affirmative Action Plan each year. Maintain documentation for all accommodations
- Own Brand and Atrium required training (to include proper record keeping)
- Ensure the proper administration of CBAs (as applicable)
- Any and all other work as required to complete the primary purpose of the position.
Required Prior Experience:
5-7 years of progressive HR leadership experience to include solid HR Generalist responsibilities
Preferred Prior Experience:
2 years of Hospitality experience
Prior multi-property experience
Bachelor’s Degree in related field of study or commensurate experience
Preferred Licenses/ Certification:
Active HR Certification
Advanced proficiency of technology capabilities across various HRIS platforms and related technologies
8+ hours at a desk/computer
Bilingual – based on market specific needs
Excellent communication, presentation and listening skills
(29) Integrity and Trust
Is widely trusted; is seen as a direct, truthful individual; can present the unvarnished truth in an appropriate and helpful manner; keeps confidences; admits mistakes; doesn’t misrepresent him/herself for personal gain.
Is easy to approach and talk to; spends the extra effort to put others at ease; can be warm, pleasant, and gracious; is sensitive to and patient with the interpersonal anxieties of others; builds rapport well; is a good listener; is an early knower, getting.
(5) Business Acumen
Knows how businesses work; knowledgeable in current and possible future policies, practices, trends, technology, and information affecting his/her business and organization; knows the competition; is aware of how strategies and tactics work in the marketplace.
In addition to competitive compensation packages, Atrium Hospitality offers competitive benefits packages; 401k; tuition reimbursement; commissions for referred and booked hotel business; as well as discounted rates at any of our hotels for associates, their immediate family members and friends. Our associates and leaders are driven everyday to make Atrium Hospitality a great place to work and grow. Come grow with us!
EOE, including disability/vets
Empleador con igualdad de oportunidades, incluidos personas con discapacidad y veteranos