Atrium Hospitality LP
Bonus Eligible: Yes
Direct Reports: No
Reports To: Payroll Manager
The primary purpose of the Payroll Specialist is to perform duties within the following functional areas: payroll processing, payroll audits, FLSA calculations, payroll technologies, payroll taxes, policy implementation, and other related finance projects in accordance to established standards.
The Payroll Specialist will be tasked with the following duties, responsibilities, and assignments:
- Assist designated property representatives with established payroll processing duties and timelines in accordance to Atrium’s Core Values; ,
- Perform a variety of payroll processing audits and processes, including maintaining related records, preparing reports and transactions, documenting and updating procedures as appropriate;
- Support quarterly and year end activities;
- Utilize audit reports and queries to verify accuracy for both on and off cycle processing;
- Produce scheduled and ad-hoc reporting for management, including creating new reports in Workday;
- Partner with various internal and external teams regarding system tests, training and validation of benefit enrollment, deductions and billing;
- Assist with processing and resolving payroll related matters in a timely fashion;
- Reconcile payroll reports to ensure accuracy within designated timeframes;
- Process all off cycle and special payments and determined by designated company leadership per established guidelines;
- Data Analysis and process improvement recommendations;
- Quickly and effectively communicate with internal and external teams;
- Proactively and regularly assist with ongoing set up, testing and maintenance activities of the payroll and HRIS system; and
Any and all other work as required to complete the primary purpose of the position
Required Prior Experience:
2+ years of basic payroll experience
1-year experience processing payrolls across multi-states
Experience with administration of time keeping and attendance tracking systems
Strong working knowledge of payroll taxes, regulatory reporting requirements and applicable wage & hour laws
Preferred Prior Experience:
Experience with implementing payroll
Ability to demonstrate a solid working knowledge of a GL
High school diploma or equivalent
BA/BS in Accounting, Human Resources or a related field or equivalent experience
Preferred Licenses/ Certification:
Fundamental Payroll Certification or Certified Payroll Professional (FPC/CPP)
Intermediate Microsoft Excel and Microsoft Office Suite
Workday Payroll, Absence and Time Tracking Platforms
8+ hours at a desk/computer
Understands and complies with requirement to ensure confidentiality of employee and related information.
(62) Time Management
Uses his/her time effectively and efficiently; values time; concentrates his/her efforts on the more important priorities; gets more done in less time than others; can attend to a broader range of activities.
(52) Process Management
Good at figuring out the processes necessary to get things done; knows how to organize people and activities; understands how to separate and combine tasks into efficient work flow; knows what to measure and how to measure it; can see opportunities for synergy and integration where others can’t; can simplify complex processes; gets more out of fewer resources.
(15) Customer Focus
Is dedicated to meeting the expectations and requirements of internal and external customers; gets first-hand customer information and uses it for improvements in products and services; acts with customers in mind; establishes and maintains effective relationships with customers and gains their trust and respect.
In addition to competitive compensation packages, Atrium Hospitality offers competitive benefits packages; 401k; tuition reimbursement; commissions for referred and booked hotel business; as well as discounted rates at any of our hotels for associates, their immediate family members and friends. Our associates and leaders are driven everyday to make Atrium Hospitality a great place to work and grow. Come grow with us!
EOE, including disability/vets
Empleador con igualdad de oportunidades, incluidos personas con discapacidad y veteranos