Under the direction of the Director of Human Resources, the HRIS Business Partner is responsible for the support and maintenance of Augusta National Golf Club (ANGC) HR systems. This position is charged with leading and driving technology initiatives and projects that span all HR disciplines. Responsibilities include: identifying how to leverage HR systems and/or application functionality more effectively, proactively recommending and driving process improvements and innovative solutions to add value to the business, defining and configuring systems, and reporting changes in support of business strategy and process, while maintaining the confidentiality of all Club business. The position will be full-time on-site in Augusta, Georgia.
Essential Functions of the Job
- Manage, execute, and communicate system upgrades to stakeholders while maintaining data integrity.
- Administers the design, selection, and implementation, of HRIS systems, databases, and third-party vendors, including testing of new systems/solutions and/or updates, reporting and analysis, system interfaces, and configuration of HCM-provided solutions.
- Ability to access and navigate technology to include programming, troubleshooting, and testing in HRIS and external platforms i.e. BadgeX, E-Verify, Career Builder, NetSuite, etc.
- Supports multiple integrations and file transfers with external providers.
- Partner with HR process owners to develop strategies, objectives, and roadmaps for HRIS applications that are in alignment with functional goals.
- Configures HRIS across multiple HR disciplines including compensation, recruiting, absence management, learning, time management, benefits, payroll, and talent management in support of business strategy and process.
- Partner with HR process owners and cross-functional stakeholders (Total Rewards, Talent, IT, Finance etc.) to define business requirements and translate business needs into multi-year and tactical system implementation plans, including project prioritization, scheduling, and resource planning in partnership with Director of Human Resources.
- Provide management with subject matter expertise for HRIS operational decisions.
- Monitor team timelines, milestones, and deliverables including testing and execution.
- Provides support for escalation of issues and roadblocks.
- Serve as the steward of user experience for the HR applications supported; monitor system adoption and user feedback; ensure the development of processes, tools, support materials, and training to maximize system adoption.
- Lead the implementation of process improvements and innovative tools for the HR function with the goal of increasing overall efficiency, effectiveness, and user experience, identifying gaps in business processes, and work to develop solutions to address gaps efficiently and effectively.
- Manage the project plan and status reporting for projects in the area of responsibility, in partnership with Director of Human Resources as appropriate.
- Act as the liaison between HR process owners and HRIS team.
- Participate in system testing prior to implementations, upgrades, and enhancements to ensure a stable and well-functioning application in partnership with HRIS team.
- Provide support to end-users of HRIS application, answering questions about the application, following up on any reported issues, and ensuring timely and reliable responses.
- Respond to internal and external audit requests as needed.
- Maintain knowledge of current industry thinking and trends, and regularly communicate thought leadership in this area as necessary.
Other Duties and Responsibilities
- Attends seminars and workshops annually for continued professional growth and development.
- Performs other duties, which are deemed by management to be an integral part of the job.
Qualifications (required unless stated otherwise):
- Thorough understanding of HR, Finance or IT systems is required. Experience in general human resources practices, and human resources law preferred.
- Ability to think critically, prioritize multiple responsibilities, meet deadlines and accomplish detailed work with accuracy.
- Ability to apply new concepts and initiate change.
- Excellent training skills; patient, motivational type teaching style preferred. Creates organized and clear instructions for training documents.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills; strong interpersonal skills.
- Computer skills to include Windows-based applications including Word, Excel, and Access as well as Outlook.
- Strong knowledge of Workday module integration and downstream, cross-functional impacts.
- Knowledge of and experience in system design and support.
- Three years HRIS and business analysis required; background in general Human Resources or Consultant field preferred.
- Bachelor’s degree (or equivalent years of experience) in Business or related field required.
- Possess a valid driver’s license and/or successfully completes the Club’s internal motor vehicle training program.
The work environment characteristics described herein are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. Work for this position is usually performed in a climate-controlled environment. However, the employee may be required to work outside in extreme heat, cold, rain, wind or inclement weather as the demands of the position so dictate.
Projected Work Schedule:
Normal work hours are 8:30am to 5:00pm, Monday through Friday. Must be available to work weekends, holidays and overtime as dictated by the needs of the business.
The physical demands described here represent those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is occasionally required to walk and work with hands and arms, lift up to 25 pounds and/or drive a golf cart. The employee is frequently required to talk and/or hear. The employee is constantly required to use their vision to perform an activity such as but not limited to: preparing and analyzing data and figures, viewing a computer terminal, and extensive reading. The employee is constantly required to sit, sometimes for several hours at a time, and use their hands and fingers to operate a computer.
Augusta National Golf Club offers*:
- Competitive overall compensation package
- Employee engagement activities and recognition events
- Years of Service awards
- Variety of healthcare coverage options
- 401(k) retirement plans
- Pension Plan (paid by employer)