Want to bring ideas to life?
You’re in the right place. If you’re looking for a fresh challenge, why choose Aurecon? It comes down to one, crucial question. What kind of world do you want to create for the next generation? Truth is, the decisions being made right now will determine the future of everything – from the local community to the entire planet. One of those decisions is: who do you decide to work for?
How will your ideas contribute to shaping what’s next?
The Internal Audit Senior Manager is a key member of a small team and will support the Head of Internal Audit to manage, plan, execute, and report on internal audit activity across Aurecon’s international operations and supporting the business in areas of investigation, risk management, process design and business assurance.
Your role will include:
- Help mature business focus on risk management and improve performance through the development of a sustainable internal control environment
- Provide effective assurance to management and the Board across maturing processes adding value to the business through independent insight and constructive challenge
- Structure audit activities to understand exposures (‘why’ and ‘so what’) and to bring strong insight to the development of practical and sustainable process improvements
- Apply prior business and commercial experience to audit findings to simplify the complex and identify optimal commercial outcomes
- Perform standalone internal audits and provide direction and support to team members, including co-source resources
How will your future be shaped by us?
Joining Aurecon means you’ll be at the award-winning edge of innovation and sustainability. AFR ranked us Top 5 among sustainability leaders and Top 3 of all innovative companies in professional services. One Consult awarded us an innovative design award. Plus, we were Consult Australia’s large firm of the year.
You really can bring your whole self to work and be confident your voice will be heard. We don’t just claim we’re inclusive and innovative, as proven by the independent awards and accreditations we’ve gained. We’ve been recognised for our innovation culture, gender equality and our LGBTI+ inclusion. Plus, we have a robust Reconciliation Action Plan – our fourth edition since 2014.
On a personal level you’ll have access to flexible work hours, remote work, working holidays, part-time and job share options. You’ll continue to grow, thanks to learning and development opportunities that further your eminence, leadership, and professional accreditations. Outside of work, you’ll be further supported with competitive paid parental leave, cultural public holiday swaps, plus wellbeing support programmes.
What are we looking for from you?
You’ll have a genuine passion for re-imagining problems and continuous learning to help shape the future.
We value that each of our team members brings something different to Aurecon. We look for people who have had a broad range of experiences throughout their career and can demonstrate how they have worked as part of a team to bring ideas to life.
We are looking for an inquisitive and commercial individual who will bring their exceptional attention to detail, strong analytical, critical thinking and problem-solving skills to the role.
As well as experience in a similar role:
- Bachelor’s degree and professional qualifications with CA, CPA or equivalent
- Significant progressive audit experience and proven track record of working across diverse projects and teams in a large professional services or corporate environment
- Strong working knowledge of internal control and risk management frameworks with an ability to apply practically
- Ability to approach Senior Management with confidence and gravitas, quickly establish credibility across various business functions and to challenge inappropriate practice and/or behaviour
- Strong analytical, critical thinking and problem-solving skills; an ability to bring insight and challenge to existing practices and an unwavering focus on continuous improvement
- Strong understanding and audit experience of Professional Services business models and/or Project Management
- Experience using PowerBI or similar for complex data analytics
- Knowledge of Workday Financials, Projects and HCM is advantageous
Who is Aurecon?
Aurecon’s strength has always been our people. It’s our people who build our shared purpose and bring ideas to life. It’s our people who imagine and co-create with our clients a better future for people and the planet. Of course, you’ll probably know lots of our award-winning projects. The new Allianz Stadium in Sydney? That was us. Tāmaki Regeneration in Auckland? That was us too. And the Tseung Kwan O Interchange in Hong Kong? You guessed it, us. So, when you join us, you’ll be joining a community working together to tackle some of the world’s most complex challenges.
Ready to bring ideas to life?
Then please apply. Remember, it’s you and how you bring ideas to life which are important. Your background, unique needs and individuality will be valued. Visit our website to learn more at www.aurecongroup.com or apply now.