Any qualified individual with a disability who is having difficulty in completing an application because of incompatible technology or other disability-related application issues may contact us at the following phone number for assistance: 251-445-1932.
Austal shall abide by the requirements of 41 CFR §§ 60-1.4(a), 60-300.5(a) and 60-741.5(a). These regulations prohibit discrimination against qualified individuals based on their status as protected veterans or individuals with disabilities, and prohibit discrimination against all individuals based on their race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, or national origin. Moreover, these regulations require that covered prime contractors and subcontractors take affirmative action to employ and advance in employment individuals without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status or disability. Austal’s commitment to equal employment opportunity applies at all levels of employment, in all job titles, including the executive level, and to all employment actions, including but not limited to decisions concerning recruitment, hiring, training, and promotion.
AUTHORITIES / RESPONSIBILITIES:
Responsible for the implementation and support of total compensation programs, practices, and policies to attract and retain top talent. Activities include analyzing, evaluating, and prepare recommendations to ensure the company maintains a competitive and cost effective position in the markets in which we operate. Assures through audits, reports and personal contact that company compensation programs are consistently administered in compliance with company policies and government regulations.
- Work with Department Managers, HR Managers, and / or Consultants on a variety of projects including program design, analysis, budgeting, and implementation of new programs.
- Ensures compensation structures are market competitive. Develops recommendations for necessary changes and implements as appropriate.
- Perform annual pay structure analysis to determine any necessary adjustments.
- Work with managers to develop business case for any proposed out-of-cycle pay adjustments.
- Utilizes Workday Advanced Comp to ensure timely and accurate processing of annual and semi-annual merit review cycles.
- Assist in developing salary budget recommendations.
- Performs special compensation market and internal equity studies by analyzing salary data and work experience of existing employees.
- Works with managers to develop business cases for any proposed pay adjustments.
- Conduct job evaluation activities to support and develop creative solutions to specific compensation-related programs. Edit, create or assist in creating new job descriptions or updating existing job descriptions.
- Partner with HR and business leaders in the development and implementation of global mobility programs, including working with Immigration law firm, preparing and presenting international assignment packages, and supporting the global movement of employees. Support Tax Equalization process as appropriate with outside tax consultant.
- Conduct internal audits to ensure compliance with Federal, State, and local laws and regulations, including but not limited to, Fair Labor Standards Act, Department of Labor, Wage and Hour Division, ERISA, DCAA, and IRS.
- Develop and maintains compensation data, tables, and overall set-up in all HRIS systems. Work with IT staff to maximize system capabilities to administer all compensation programs effectively and efficiently.
- Develop and document procedures to streamline processes and ensure compliance with regulatory requirements and work with HR Managers to educate Managers
- Work closely with Managers on compensation related issues.
- Identify trends related to industry and geographic best practices.
- Monitor, interpret, and provide recommendations based upon new and changing legislation.
- Coordinate applicable adjustments to pay with the Company’s Payroll department.
- Track trends and provide metrics related to compensation activities at the aggregate and business unit level.
QUALIFICATIONS / KNOWLEDGE / EXPERIENCE:
- Bachelor’s degree, or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- 6+ years’ experience in the analysis, design, and /or administration of compensation programs.
- CCP certification preferred. Experience with global mobility programs a plus.
- Broad and deep compensation knowledge required including compliance with the state and federal laws.
- Strong mathematical aptitude and analytical skills. Ability to analyze issues and suggest solutions; ability to collect, organize, and analyze data for various projects.
- Excellent service orientation, ability to build strong relationships, strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Must work with a sense of urgency and have the ability to handle confidential information in a professional manner. Can handle demands from multiple customers and has the ability to prioritize.
- Ability to work collaboratively with multiple teams / organizations with attention to detail and strong organizational skills.
- Flexible and has the capability to deliver results in a fast paced, high volume environment.
- Strong computer proficiency and technical aptitude to utilize MS Word, Excel, and PowerPoint.
- Strong data management skills required, including ability to configure compensation plans and processes in HRIS (preferably Workday); develop and run reports; troubleshoot system issues and errors.
- Strong interpersonal skills in dealing with top management.
TOOLS: Not applicable
DIRECTION EXERCISED: May direct the work of a cross-functional project team. Works independently to deliver work products against aggressive deadlines. Escalates complex issues to Sr. Manager Compensation & Benefits as appropriate.
DISCRETION EXERCISED: A degree of creativity and latitude is expected. Relies on experience and judgment to plan and accomplish goals.
Employees, Department Managers, HR / Benefit Staff and external consultants as required.
- Candidates must meet the following employment eligibility guidelines to be considered for employment with Austal USA:
- 18 years of age or older at time of application.
- Able to provide proof of US Person Status
- No felony convictions of Theft/Deception or Violent crimes within seven years from disposition date
- No felony convictions of Drug crimes within three years from disposition date
- Willing to submit to a drug screen
- Willing to submit to a background check