Remote – Florida
Availity delivers revenue cycle and related business solutions for health care professionals who want to build healthy, thriving organizations. Availity has the powerful tools, actionable insights and expansive network reach that medical businesses need to get an edge in an industry constantly redefined by change.
Availity is a Healthcare IT company headquartered in Jacksonville, FL, with additional offices in Indianapolis, IN, and Bangalore, India, and a significant remote workforce throughout the US. Availity is the nation’s largest health information network, connecting over 2 million providers with health plans nationwide and processing more than 12 billion transactions a year, and growing! We work collaboratively with health plans and providers to disrupt an antiquated healthcare system by offering solutions that solve core issues in how these stakeholders communicate. Availity also provides revenue cycle management solutions to help providers, hospitals, and health systems receive accurate, timely payment for their services.
As the premier healthcare engagement platform, our mission is to create connections and deliver products that help healthcare businesses succeed. We connect, delight, and empower the nation’s premier healthcare ecosystem, providing multi-stakeholder solutions that simplify the business relationship between providers and health plans.
Reporting into the Senior Manager of Compensation, the Compensation Analyst II performs staff support activities to develop, implement and administer compensation policies and programs. Audits jobs for content and prepares job descriptions reflecting job responsibilities, activities, duties, and requirements. Develops and/or participates in compensation surveys to collect and analyze competitive salary information to determine company’s competitive position. Reviews proposed salary adjustments for conformance to established guidelines, policies, and practices. Recommends corrective or alternative actions to resolve compensation-related problems. Reviews requests for new or revised classifications to determine appropriate salary grade assignment. Formulates recommendations regarding development of company salary structure, FLSA exemptions, job revisions and organizational structures. Reviews existing and proposed statutory requirements governing compensation administration and recommends appropriate courses of action. May prepare special studies and recommendations on subjects such as incentive compensation, bonus plans, sales compensation, or stock options. May include administration of domestic and/or international programs.
Sponsorship, in any form, is not available for this position.
Location: Remote, US
Why you want to work on this team:
- Work for a manager that has a deep passion for teaching, leading, and mentoring.
- If you enjoy working with large subsets of data and are enthusiastic about analysis.
- Be part of a team that works hard and has fun along the way.
To be qualified for this position you:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Human Resources, Business, or related field preferred.
- Advanced knowledge of Microsoft Office applications, including Word & PowerPoint.
- Expert knowledge of Excel, including v-lookups, nested formulas, pivot tables and charts.
- Experience with quantitative and qualitative research methods.
- Experience handling large data sets.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Excellent organizational and time management skills.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Strong attention to detail and regular self-audit.
- Flexible and capable of adapting to changing business conditions and priorities.
- Strives for simplicity, consistency, and efficiency in execution, with a process improvement mindset.
You will set yourself apart with:
- Working knowledge of Power BI
- Experience with Workday
- Strong data analysis skills
You will be:
- Conducting job evaluations to determine the appropriate job title, pay grade, position level, and exemption status.
- Benchmarking jobs against survey data and other market intelligence to determine competitive compensation ranges for each position.
- Maintaining, and optimizing processes related to ensuring the accuracy of enterprise-wide job families, profiles, and grade structures.
- Conducting research, preparing, and delivering compensation related analyses.
- Creating, modifying, and updating spreadsheets and other electronic media to support compensation programs and compensation department tools.
- Preparing internal census, compensation, and trend data for participation in market surveys.
- Administering Sales Incentive programs including participation in annual plan design, execution of plan agreements, preparation of accruals for Finance, delivery of plan participant monthly statements, and plan modeling as needed.
- Participating in planning, testing, and administration of the Annual Merit and Bonus review process.
- Staying abreast with FLSA and state/local wage and hour issues and perform ongoing review of Availity’s pay vs. minimum wage legislation at state and local levels.
- Exercising confidentiality, discretion, and sound judgement in performance of duties.
- Partnering with HR Business Partners, to ensure holistic approach is taken to solutions.
- Handling special projects as it relates to compensation programs focused on the attraction, retention, and motivation of our associates.
Availity culture and benefits:
- Availity is a certified “Great Place to Work”! Culture is important to us and there are many ways for you to make your mark here!
- We have several Diversity & Inclusion teams, a Young Professionals Group, a She Can Code IT group for women in tech, and various ways to engage with fellow Availity associates.
- Availity is a culture of continuous learning. We have many resources and experts in our tech stack and in our industry that can help get you there too!
- Don’t feel like wearing business attire? Cool, you can wear jeans – we are a casual place.
- Availity offers a robust total rewards package that is competitive and meaningful. We offer a competitive salary and bonus structure. We offer two different types of medical plans: a HDHP plan that has the lowest permitted deductible allowed by the IRS with a generous HSA company contribution and a PPO plan with a low deductible and out of pocket maximum. In addition, Availity offers two dental plans including orthodontia care (even for adults), vision, Employee Assistance Program (EAP), pet care, legal/ID shield services and a 401k match program that you can take advantage of on day one!
- We offer unlimited PTO for salaried associates + 9 paid holidays. Hourly associates start at 19 days of PTO and go up from there with all the same holiday benefits.
- Interested in wellness? We allow our associates to reimburse up to $300/year for gym memberships, participation in racing events, weight management programs, etc.
- Interested in furthering your education? We offer education reimbursement!
- Availity offers Paid Parental Leave for both moms and dads, both birth parents and adoptive parents.
- Want to work for an organization that gives back to the community? You’re at the right place! Availity partners with various organizations, both locally and nationally, to raise awareness, funds and morale as our staff members volunteer their time and funds to engage the organizations campaign. Each associate has 1 paid day per year to volunteer at the non-profit charity of your choice.
Availity perks for remote, hybrid and office-based associates:
- We offer a flexible working environment! Whether you are a fully remote associate or one that enjoys a hybrid or fully onsite approach we are flexible to help ensure you have a working environment to thrive in!
- Don’t feel like going too far to eat? We occasionally have food trucks at our Jacksonville Office as well as food available for purchase in our cafe and an onsite café next to our Indianapolis office
- We also have onsite Fitness Centers with showers for our Jacksonville & Indianapolis offices and an annual Wellness reimbursement you can use for a gym membership, classes, sports activities, etc.
- We appreciate work/life balance! Need to get a quick break in between meetings? We offer online Yoga, virtual total body condition classes, step challenges, and health and wellness courses and in our Jacksonville office, we have Ping Pong, Foosball, Arcade games, and XBox to help you decompress – and we have a massage therapist onsite once a week for a little relaxation too
- We’ve got you covered with free coffee, lemonade, and tea anytime you want in Jacksonville
After you apply, you will receive text/email messages thanking you for applying and then you will continue to receive more text/email messages alerting you as to where you are in the recruitment process.
- Recruiter Phone Screen
- Video interview with Hiring Manager
- Video Panel Interview
- Video Interview with Senior Director of Total Rewards
Availity is an equal opportunity employer and makes decisions in employment matters without regard to race, religious creed, color, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, genetic information, national origin, religion, marital status, medical condition, disability, military service, pregnancy, childbirth and related medical conditions, or any other classification protected by federal, state, and local laws and ordinances.
Availity is a drug-free workplace. Candidates are required to pass a drug test before beginning employment.
NOTICE: Federal law requires all employers to verify the identity and employment eligibility of all persons hired to work in the United States. When required by state law or federal regulation, Availity uses I-9, Employment Eligibility Verification in conjunction with E-Verify to determine employment eligibility. Learn more about E-Verify at http://www.dhs.gov/e-verify.
Click the links below to view Federal Employment Notices.
Family & Medical Leave Act Equal Employment Law Poster Pay Transparency Employee Polygraph Protection Act IER Right to Work Poster Important Notice about Employee Rights to Organize and Bargain Collectively with Their Employers