Availity delivers revenue cycle and related business solutions for health care professionals who want to build healthy, thriving organizations. Availity has the powerful tools, actionable insights and expansive network reach that medical businesses need to get an edge in an industry constantly redefined by change.
Availity is a Healthcare IT company headquartered in Jacksonville, FL with an office in Indianapolis, IN and a significant remote workforce as well. Availity is the nation’s largest health information network, connecting 2 million providers nationwide and processing more than 12 billion transactions a year, and growing! We work collaboratively with health plans and providers to disrupt an antiquated healthcare system by solving core issues in the way stakeholders communicate. Fixing the broken provider data management process and creating real time communication of risk and quality information are just two of the ways Availity is streamlining this process. Availity also offers providers, hospitals, and health systems revenue cycle and patient financial management solutions. We help prepare our providers for the rise in consumerism and value-based care, so that they can get paid accurately, and timely, for their services.
Reporting to the Payroll Manager, the primary duties of the Senior Payroll Systems Analyst is responsible for all payroll processing on a bi-weekly basis as well as verifying taxation for Availity Associates and processing expense reports.
To be qualified for this position, you:
• Must have at least 5 years payroll experience.
• Must demonstrate a proficiency in Microsoft Excel and Microsoft Word.
• Must have experience supporting a multi-state payroll process.
• Should have experience with time and attendance.
• Should have your FCP or CPP, if you do not have those certifications, you must be willing to get them.
• Should have familiarity with fairly complex accounting and payroll concepts, practices and procedures.
• Should have the ability to manage multiple tasks to meeting payroll and accounting timelines.
• Should have strong knowledge of federal, state regulations, and FLSA requirements.
• Will set yourself apart if you have experience with Workday.
What you will be doing:
• Processing payroll accurately and timely including multi-state payroll; for both exempt and non-exempt associates.
• Acting as the subject matter expert for payroll components of the HRIS system and expense reimbursement application with ability to lead system updates for current or new functionality, system maintenance, configuration changes, system testing, data integrity reviews and related reporting.
• Preparing various journal entries, account reconciliations, and general ledger support for payroll and expense reimbursement related items. Reconciling and balancing payroll and other payroll items (401k, HSA/FSA, etc.)
• Conducting biweekly expense reviews and reimbursement through the expense reporting system.
• Maintaining and updating documents for payroll and expense reimbursement process and procedures.
• Servicing and assisting associates with payroll and expense reimbursement related policies, procedures and questions.
• Keeping abreast of both state and federal regulations concerning payroll and other employee-related areas to ensure the organization’s compliance with current wage and tax rules and regulations.
• Continually seeking process automation and improvement.
• Assisting and collaborate with other departments as needed.
Why work at Availity:
• Availity has recently been named a certified “Great Place to Work”! Culture is important to us and there are many ways for you to make your mark here!
• We have several Diversity & Inclusion teams, a Young Professionals Group, a She Can Code IT group for women in tech, and various ways to engage with fellow Availity associates.
• Availity is a culture of continuous learning. We have many resources and experts in our tech stack and in our industry that can help get you there too!
• Don’t feel like wearing business attire? Cool, you can wear jeans – we are a casual place.
• We offer a competitive salary, bonus structure, generous HSA company contribution, and a 401k match program that is vested on day one!
• We offer unlimited PTO for salaried associates + 9 paid holidays + 1 floating holiday. Hourly associates start at 19 days of PTO and go up from there with all the same holiday benefits.
• Interested in wellness? We allow our associates to reimburse up to $300/year for gym memberships, participation in racing events, weight management programs, etc.
• Interested in furthering your education? We offer education reimbursement!
• Availity offers Paid Parental Leave for both moms and dads, both birth parents and adoptive parents.
• Want to work for an organization that gives back to the community? You’re at the right place! Availity partners with various organizations, both locally and nationally, to raise awareness, funds and morale as our staff members volunteer their time and funds to engage the organizations campaign.
At the headquarters:
• You like food trucks? We have them almost daily at our office (when we’re back to normal)
• Like food trucks a little too much? We also have an onsite gym with showers
• We appreciate work/life balance! Need to get a quick break in between meetings? We have Ping Pong, Foosball, Arcade games, and XBox to help you decompress – and we have a massage therapist onsite once a week for a little relaxation too
• We’ve got you covered with free coffee, lemonade and tea anytime you want
Why you want to work on this team:
This is a fun, collaborative team to work on. The team supports each other’s growth and thrives in a collaborative environment.
Next steps in process:
After you apply, you will receive text/email messages thanking you for applying and then you will continue to receive more text/email messages alerting you as to where you are in the recruitment process.
• Recruiter Resume Review
• Manager Resume Review
• Recruiter/Manager Screen
• Panel Interview
Availity is an equal opportunity employer and makes decisions in employment matters without regard to race, religious creed, color, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, genetic information, national origin, religion, marital status, medical condition, disability, military service, pregnancy, childbirth and related medical conditions, or any other classification protected by federal, state, and local laws and ordinances.
Availity is a drug-free workplace. Candidates are required to pass a drug test before beginning employment.
NOTICE: Federal law requires all employers to verify the identity and employment eligibility of all persons hired to work in the United States. When required by state law or federal regulation, Availity uses I-9, Employment Eligibility Verification in conjunction with E-Verify to determine employment eligibility. Learn more about E-Verify at http://www.dhs.gov/e-verify.
Click the links below to view Federal Employment Notices.
Family & Medical Leave Act Equal Employment Law Poster Pay Transparency Employee Polygraph Protection Act IER Right to Work Poster Important Notice about Employee Rights to Organize and Bargain Collectively with Their Employers