What if you could work with remarkable people on extraordinary things? What if the end result was something a little bit special? What if your role was mission critical?
For nearly 70 years, AWE has been at the forefront of nuclear weapons research and development. We have a critical mission: to provide the warheads for the UK’s ultimate deterrent – Trident. We also use our unique skills to provide wider UK government with counter-terrorism and nuclear threat reduction solutions.
It takes a special sort of person to work at AWE. What if that person was you?
AWE are currently recruiting for an HR Associate on a permanent basis to work in the HR function, reporting into the HRIS Manager supporting our Workday HRIS system.
This role will be focused on systems, data and reporting and be the second level of contact support for the business, working to agreed service levels and delivering excellent customer service.
Location – Reading / Basingstoke area
AWE (one of the best 25 big companies to work for in the UK) offers an attractive array of benefits which include:
- Market leading contributory pension scheme
- Generous holiday entitlement 270 hours a year (inclusive of Bank Holidays) plus every other Friday off
- Flexible working hours
- Salary sacrifice scheme
- Consideration for either full time or part time hours. Just let us know on your application if you wish to work part time
You will be required to:
- Working within the HR team and act as the HR System (Workday) point-of-contact for day-to-day support of business processes and reporting to ensure consistent, high-quality business operations
- Work with our IS team to manage security re-assignments, user access and permissions
- Undertake support and testing for Workday system updates or upgrades
- Support the integrity of HR processes, data and services, ensuring our processes are kept up to date and documented
- Prepare data for month end reporting
- Maintain and promote high personal standards in environment, safety, health, security and quality and be a great team player
To be successful in this role you should ideally have the following skills and experience:
- Experience of working with and supporting HR information systems.
- Experience of working in a customer services environment delivering transactional tasks
- A keen interest in Working in HR
- A good level of Excel knowledge and skills.
- Attention to detail and accuracy
- Ability to manage own workload and priorities to agreed timescales
All candidates must be able to apply for and maintain the correct security clearance for this role.
Please note that you must be a British National to apply for a role at AWE.
AWE plays a crucial role in the defence of the United Kingdom, by providing and maintaining the warheads for the country’s nuclear deterrent. We are a centre of scientific, engineering and technological excellence, with some of the most advanced research, design and production facilities in the world. Our unique expertise also assists the UK Government in developing and delivering a range of innovative and integrated support services, including national nuclear security and counter-terrorism solutions.
AWE is an equal opportunities employer. We value diversity and welcome applications from candidates from all backgrounds. We particularly welcome applications from sections of the community which are currently under-represented at AWE, including women, BAME and people with disabilities.