The Employment Specialist performs a variety of activities relating to the Student Employment program, temporary and seasonal hiring, and full cycle staff recruitment for assigned requisitions, including but not limited to Union positions. Specifically responsible for coordinating the recruitment process including posting as well as advising on sourcing strategies and placement of advertising; assisting with on-boarding paperwork; working with the HRIS Coordinator as it relates to Workday data entry acting as their backup as needed; performing the auditing in Workday for all data entry, and participating as a member of the staff Workday training team; serving as back up for staff employment for the Senior Talent Acquisition Specialist; working with the Talent Acquisition Team on seasonal employment groups (e.g., camp and student employment); acting as a knowledge resource for the HR team; and performing the aforementioned functions as the first point-of-contact to ensure a seamless talent acquisition operational approach.
- Administers the recruitment process for assigned requisitions including: interviewing and selecting non-exempt staff; working with hiring managers to ensure compliance with Federal and State Laws and College policies during the hiring process; and collaborating with hiring managers to determine recruitment strategies including position specific behavioral interview questions, external advertising sites, and interview logistics.
- Develops candidate pools to be proactive in the recruitment process. Maintains an active pipeline of qualified, vetted candidates at all times to accelerate the hiring process when positions become vacant.
- Reviews recruitment postings, works with Compensation team on position descriptions, and consults with clients regarding posting, sourcing, and advertising; places advertising when needed.
- Responsible for coordinating the Student Employment program which includes processing forms; communication; handbook updates; trainings; advertising; and student position descriptions, including updates and maintenance. Recommends equitable pay rates for various on-campus student positions to ensure fairness to all parties concerned. Manages the student raise process and organizes the annual Student Employee of the Year event.
- In consultation with the Talent Acquisition Manager and Senior Talent Acquisition Specialist, works with student supervisors on performance issues and disciplinary procedures.
- Updates and maintains Employment and Student Employment Office presence on the website.
- Responsible for hiring and assignment extensions for all temporary, seasonal help including agency outreach, hiring, and paperwork, within all departments and divisions of the college; works with the Budget and Benefits office, as needed.
- Responsible for maintaining the volunteer data base and processing new volunteers.
- Responsible for managing the unpaid internship processing including but not limited to managing internship requirements and uploading to Workday.
- Coordinates on-boarding paperwork and ensures that the I-9 is fully completed before any person starts work. Holds Temporary Onboarding Sessions for any benefits eligible Temporary or Seasonal Employees.
- Works with the HRIS staff to facilitate any Workday changes.
- Serves as back up for data entry and auditing for Workday as well as to the Senior Talent Acquisition Specialist for staff employment.
- Serves as the back-up for the HR Office Administrator providing coverage as needed.
- Performs HR project management as assigned and participates in campus events on an as needed basis.
- Makes recommendations for process improvements to effect continual improvements in the efficiency of the department and services performed.
- Responsible for self-initiating learning new skills and developing within one’s area.
- Assumes additional responsibilities as required.
Minimum Level of Education Required Bachelor’s Degree (in related discipline preferred)
Position Knowledge/Skills & Abilities Requirements:
- A minimum of 2-3 years of human resources recruitment experience required
- Must have a proven track record of promoting and adhering to client excellence and recovery, high standards of professional behavior, code of conduct, compassion, and team approach
- Must be self-directed to complete responsibilities in effective collaboration with other members of the campus
- Must demonstrate flexibility in face of changing work environment, adjusting work schedule accordingly
- Must demonstrate and sustain dependability, reliability, and have interpersonal savvy and composure
- Must have strong recruitment sourcing and marketing skills utilizing the internet, social networking, and niche sites with a strong emphasis on diversity candidate acquisition
- Must be knowledgeable in the use of, and tracking of, data for routine report analysis
- Must have the ability to multi-task
- Must be able to work independently with minimum direction as well as the ability to collaborate with the HR team; and ability to successfully work with all constituencies.
- Must have advanced computer skills including Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, Access, PowerPoint)
- Ability to envision and propose new methods to perform tasks that support ET&A; take thoughtful risks; and accept new and ongoing initiatives, objectives, and solutions to gain sought-after results.
- Ability to anticipate and embrace change; demonstrate willingness to achieve, acquire, and utilize new skills and challenging tasks; and is flexible in changing conditions.
- Must have knowledge of state and federal employment laws and ability to apply principles appropriately
- Ability to maintain a high level professional behavior, integrity and trust with client base, employees and team members; must also be receptive to suggestion and continually seeks to improve performance
May require occasional evening work
Additional Experience, Skills & Abilities:
- Workday HRIS and Workday ATS experience a plus
- Five years of human resources recruitment experience preferred