The Finance Operations Administrator reports directly to the Associate Vice President, Treasury Management/Controller while working closely with the Associate Vice President, Budget in the Office of Finance & Budget to perform complex and diverse duties in direct support of the Associate Vice Presidents. Specifically responsible for working alongside the Associate Vice President, Treasury Management/Controller to plan and execute projects for both the Finance and Budget Department; coordinating complex finance operations calendar management; representing the Controller to high-level stakeholders; serving as the first point of contact; responding to complex inquiries; gathering and analyzing information and researching and writing memos, letters, and reports on behalf of the Associate Vice Presidents; managing all communications; arranging and coordinating presentations; providing documents and other background materials; performing administrative or analytic tasks in support of programs/projects; creating and updating databases (typically in Excel, Workday Financials, and Adaptive); and coordinating staff meetings and other Board of Trustee’s committee meetings including coordinating deliverables for both Audit and Finance Committee meetings and documenting Audit Committee Board meeting minutes.
- Work with the Associate Vice Presidents and members of the Finance team, liaising with department stakeholders concerning project details and deliverables.
- Assist in planning, coordinating, and implementation of sometimes large complex projects to ensure the projects run smoothly from start to finish; analyze data as required; and track and report project progress.
- Assist the Associate Vice President, Treasury Management/Controller to complete day-to-day tasks involving the planning and implementing of projects, coordinating with vendors, monitoring spending, and collaborating with other departments to find resources and information for the project.
- Support the Associate Vice President, Treasury Management/Controller in the successful execution of RFP processes. This includes coordinating and organizing all vendor documents, ensuring RFPs are complete and submitted for review in a timely fashion, providing committee members with complete packets in advance of meetings, taking notes and providing minutes to the AVP as necessary, updating the AVP of any potential delays or issues, and providing updates to committee members as needed.
- Manage the master Finance/Budget calendar. Ensure calendar is current and updated regularly, notify team members of upcoming assignments, collaborate with appropriate departments and stakeholders to ensure all materials and information will be ready in time for calendar deadlines.
- Review financial transactions to ensure they are flowing through the system correctly, amounts match, and lines do not go over budget. Alert Associate Vice President, Treasury Management/Controller to potential issues and may work with members of the Finance team to address any concerns.
- Manages the administrative functions for the Audit Committee and other committees as assigned. Coordinate and schedule recurring committee meetings take attendance and board meeting minutes, gather and compile materials from internal stakeholders for meetings, collect and monitor tasks related to risk in preparation for annual Board meetings.
- Support the Associate Vice President, Treasury Management/Controller with the development of major presentations, including preparing PowerPoints and Excel spreadsheets as required.
- Assist in creating and maintaining documentation surrounding departmental procedures.
- Assist the Associate Vice President, Treasury Management/Controller in the internal audit process. Ensure internal auditors are on task and alert AVP to any potential issues or delays in the process.
- Provide general administrative support to finance and budget team; perform ad hoc projects as needed.
- Assume additional responsibilities as required.
Minimum Level of Education Required Bachelor’s Degree
Position Knowledge/Skills & Abilities Requirements:
- Must have at least 5-7 years of related administrative experience
- Must have strong written and oral communication skills as well as problem-solving skills
- Ability to work under pressure with minimal supervision
- Must be a polished self-starter with strong organizational skills, sound judgment, and strong attention to detail
- Must be able to take initiative including the ability to resolve issues efficiently and follow tasks and assignments through to completion
- Ability to work proactively and independently as well as part of a team; and to collaborate with peers to complete projects/assignments
- Ability to innovate and use technology to improve processes
- Ability to take ownership of job responsibilities
- Ability to communicate with high level executives and board members
- Ability to multi-task, prioritize, and meet deadlines
- Ability to envision and propose new methods to perform tasks that support Entrepreneurial Thought & Action (ET&A); take thoughtful risks; and accept new and ongoing initiatives, objectives, and solutions to gain sought-after results
- Ability to anticipate and embrace change; demonstrate willingness to achieve, acquire, and utilize new skills and challenging tasks; and is flexible in changing conditions
- Must have strong computer skills including proficiency in Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, Access, PowerPoint)
- Ability to handle sensitive and confidential information
- Babson College requires all Babson faculty and staff members authorized to work on our campuses or any other property owned or controlled by the College to verify that they have been fully vaccinated for COVID-19. We have extended our vaccination policy to require a COVID-19 booster shot for all eligible community members as well. Faculty and staff must provide booster vaccination information upon hire or within 21 days of becoming eligible for a booster (unless granted a medical accommodation or religious exemption). Requests for medical accommodation or religious exemption should be addressed directly to Human Resources
Additional Experience, Skills & Abilities:
- Previous experience in Higher Education is desirable.
- Previous experience working in finance preferred.