The Manager, Financial Systems is responsible for supporting the use of the financial management systems at Babson, including Workday Financial Management and Adaptive. Specifically responsible for working closely with the user community to make sure users are taking full advantage of all the features and functions of the application and applying best practices to the business process definitions being implemented; managing the day-to-day operations and overall support of the application including business process changes, security administration, financial reporting administration, and monitoring data integrations; acting as the Finance functional lead in the Workday Operations team; partnering with each areas functional lead, HRIS/HR, the platform manager and other IT members; and while partnering with business stakeholders across the college, they will ensure all financial systems needs are well defined, implemented and supported.
WHAT YOU WILL DO
- Overall responsibility for Workday Financials day-to-day support and strategic improvements working with the functional business owners within Finance functions, HRIS, and across the College.
- Act as functional lead and overall manager of Financial Services/Budget & Financial Planning technical operations, including Workday Finances, Expenses, and Financial Reporting & Analytics, and other financial management modules and system.
- Act as primary technical owner for Babson College’s Financial Services information systems and applications. Liaising with HRIS/HR team, responsible for the success of the division’s initiatives through the specification, maintenance, and administration of those systems and applications.
- Responsible for system readiness, administration, and security for all finance-related solutions in production specifically the Adaptive Financial Budget Model.
- Work with end users to understand reporting needs and develop appropriate reports and report delivery timeframes; create complex reports and resolve issues with existing reports; and work in collaboration with HRIS as appropriate.
- Works with members of the Babson community to generate business process understanding to the continuous improvement of financial reporting across campus.
- Works with developers to maintain system interfaces and necessary data integrations with other campus financial database systems.
- Provides user training and ongoing support for finance-related Workday modules and other financial management systems, for efficient use of both existing functionality and emerging functionality changes.
- Ensures a production quality system, by partnering and collaborating with platform manager and other cross functional leads across campus to troubleshoot and resolve production application issues. Coordinate, review, test, and implement ongoing Workday system upgrades or patches.
- Identify and build innovative solutions in Workday to solve business needs.
- Support resolution of issues escalated; manage incidents, track ticket status and partner with teams to resolve issues.
- Drive the execution of Workday configuration; design, develop, test, and implement configuration to meet best practice utilizing the established standards and protocols enhance Workday BP’s to support ongoing business process changes.
- Maintain integration related requirements and technical documentation. Monitor and triage integrations (Core Connectors, EIBs, Workday Studio, etc.) with up/down stream systems.
- Gather and consolidate unrefined business requirements from multiple sources and converge them into meaningful functional specifications
- Act as the liaison to Babson’s Information Technology Services Department (ITSD) on all information technology concerns including support tickets, data use, data integrity, and finance data security.
- Research and assist with the planning and implementation of data administration or other Financial Services projects as necessary.
- Responsible for maintaining proper security to protect confidential information & disposing of CFI in an appropriate manner (i.e., shredding/deleting electronic documents, etc. in conjunction with the Security Administration team).
- Assume additional responsibilities as required.
YOUR TEAM WILL INCLUDE
WHAT EDUCATION AND SKILLS YOU WILL NEED
Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent
At least 6-8 years of relevant experience (prefer 8-10) with financial management technology systems; 2+ years with Workday preferred
Must have experience in Workday financials modules specifically in GL, AP, Procurement, Reporting (Advanced, Matrix and Composite), and Security; working knowledge of Adaptive or similar ERP, as well as working knowledge of report writer tools.
Knowledge of accounting and general ledger structure
Demonstrated ability to identify and implement cost effective and efficient technology solutions for business processes
Ability to understand business processes and requirements
Ability to work on multiple tasks
Must have excellent analytical and problem-solving skills as well as excellent oral and written communication skills
Must have a strong attention to detail and ability to meet deadlines
Must be knowledgeable of the Workday roadmap and upcoming product releases, reviewing release notes, assessing new features and understanding the impacts to business processes and basic changes in functionality
Ability to envision and propose new methods to perform tasks that support ET&A; take thoughtful risks; and accept new and ongoing initiatives, objectives, and solutions to gain sought-after results.
Ability to anticipate and embrace change; demonstrate willingness to achieve, acquire, and utilize new skills and challenging tasks; and is flexible in changing conditions.
Must have strong computer skills including proficiency in Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, Access, PowerPoint)
HOW AND WHERE YOU WILL WORK
All Babson College faculty and staff authorized to work on campus must be fully vaccinated against COVID-19, including any appropriate boosters. Proof of vaccination upon hire is required or within 21 days of becoming eligible for a booster. Contact Human Resources for medical accommodation or religious exemption requests.
Some occasional travel to Workday Training and annual Workday Rising Conference
May require occasionally evening and/or weekend work
ADDITIONAL SKILLS YOU MAY HAVE
- Prefer previous experience in an information technology environment
- Workday certification is an asset