The Senior Buyer, Procurement is responsible for providing quality procurement services to the Facilities Project Management Office, utilizing the competitive bid process, vendor negotiations, and contract management ensuring that all purchasing dollars are optimized. In addition, the Senior Buyer, Procurement is responsible for participating in implementing business policies and procedures to maintain proper internal controls as well as serving in the role of primary back up in the absence of the Procurement Director.
· Prepare invitations to bid, requests for proposals, and requests for information which includes sending appropriate bids, scheduling pre-bid meetings, tracking bid responses, and maintaining bid log.
· Independently negotiate and review contracts that ensure the best purchase price based on the requirements of the College.
· Oversee cost-reduction and cost-avoidance efforts.
· Using initiative, participate in process review and design for streamlining operational efficiencies.
· Compile and enforce standard policies and procedures.
· Works with General Counsel and Risk Management to ensure that required documents accompany all Facilities Project Management contracts, agreements, and purchase orders.
· Reviews all Facilities Project Management Purchase Requisitions for required documentation, proper authorizations, and adherence to budget control and initiates the Purchase Order.
· Assists with reviews of the Facilities open Purchase Orders.
· Updates Facilities Project Management Agreements in the College Wide Contract Database.
· Assists and supports all campus sustainability efforts related to building construction and renovation.
· Responsible for understanding and fully utilizing the capabilities of the Workday financial system, including preparing standard reports and designing new reports for enhanced management control.
· Interfaces regularly with the Receiving and Accounts Payable departments to ensure proper receipt of material, invoice payment, and accurate reporting within the financial accounting system.
· Represents the College in trade associations and professional societies.
· Assumes additional responsibilities as required.
Work Study Student Assistant
Minimum Level of Education Required Bachelor’s Degree (preferably business oriented); must be C.P.M. Certified
Position Knowledge/Skills & Abilities Requirements:
- A minimum of 5 years of increasingly responsible roles within Purchasing
- Demonstrated effectiveness in working with a diverse student body, faculty, staff, and other constituents
- Must have exceptional collaboration and interpersonal skills, and the ability to be effective engaging with all levels within the college
- Must have exceptional organizational, verbal, and written communication skills
- Must have strong negotiation skills
- Knowledge of contract documents
- Must have strong analytical skills, particularly financial analysis
- Ability to be flexible and willingness to assume new tasks and special projects.
- Must have strong computer skills including proficiency in Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, Access, PowerPoint) as well as financial systems
- Ability to anticipate and embrace change; demonstrate willingness to achieve, acquire, and utilize new skills and challenging tasks; and is flexible in changing conditions.
- Ability to envision and propose new methods to perform tasks; take thoughtful risks; and accept new and ongoing initiatives, objectives, and solutions to gain sought-after results.
Additional Experience, Skills & Abilities: