In partnership and under the leadership of the Director, Learning & Development, performs various learning and development functions at Babson College. Specifically responsible for curating and creating both in person and virtual learning and organizational development programs in alignment with HR and College strategy; performing management and development coaching; and administrating the performance management and learning management system in Workday.
- Consult with stakeholders to determine individual, departmental, and institutional learning and development needs; and strategize, problem solve, design, and implement appropriate activities or interventions.
- Create and curate learning modules on management and professional skills including diversity, equity, and inclusion; and manage the learning registration process.
- Execute the Manager Essentials program to support new manager development and collaborate with the Director in facilitating Leadership development experiences for employee growth and progression.
- Collect and analyze feedback on continuous learning activities on a college wide basis to identify programs to rerun, alter, or create from scratch.
- Plan and execute community wide event programming to foster a Learning campus.
- Partner with other learning providers across campus to maintain one learning calendar and on demand learning resource library.
- Assess current state of learning and adoption of key skills and tools across campus.
- Complete needs analysis and evaluation of vendors and training programs as needed.
- Benchmark best-practice employee learning systems/processes externally.
- Maintain the L&D section of the HR website that provides overview of practices and services.
- Continuously improve all programs and offerings based on participant feedback and best practices.
- Assume additional responsibilities as required.
Minimum Level of Education Required Bachelor’s Degree
Position Knowledge/Skills & Abilities Requirements:
- A minimum of 8-10 years of successful related experience
- Superior verbal and written communications skills, and the ability to break down complex topics to make them easier for others to understand and apply
- Expert presentation and facilitation skills for in person, virtual, or hybrid environments
- Superior trust building, coaching and listening skills, and the ability to protect confidences, when appropriate
- Strong technological skills for Microsoft Office or Google products such as Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Outlook as well as an overall high level of technological savviness
- Must have knowledge of various assessments with the ability to debrief with individuals or groups
- Learning management platform implementation and management experience
- Excellent creative problem solving, objectivity, and critical thinking skills
- Ability to work with ethnically, culturally, and socially diverse staff and faculty
- Strong attention to detail and ability to follow through on commitments and meet deadlines
- Motivated, independent learner with a passion for learning and OD topics
- Keeps up-to-date with information and trends relevant to the role, the organization, and in the industry
- Works independently to solve problems; looks for opportunities to take on responsibility; takes thoughtful risks; and effectively acts on new and ongoing initiatives, objectives, and solutions to gain sought-after results
- Anticipates and effectively handles change; demonstrates willingness to try new skills and challenging tasks; and is flexible in changing conditions
- Embraces ideas and changes created by all community members; seeks and appreciates constructive thoughts, ideas, and feedback from others
- Effectively handles multiple tasks and priorities
- Highly independent; takes initiative; and challenges self to be and do one’s best
- Babson College requires all Babson faculty and staff members authorized to work on our campuses or any other property owned or controlled by the College to verify that they have been fully vaccinated for COVID-19. We have extended our vaccination policy to require a COVID-19 booster shot for all eligible community members as well. Faculty and staff must provide booster vaccination information upon hire or within 21 days of becoming eligible for a booster (unless granted a medical accommodation or religious exemption). Requests for medical accommodation or religious exemption should be addressed directly to Human Resources
- Eligible for flexible working hours, days, and locations, with some required Wellesley, MA-based work
Additional Experience, Skills & Abilities:
- Workday Learning Management experience a plus
- Certification from ICF or other credible source preferred
- Instructional design experience a plus
- Certifications such as coaching, Herrmann Brain Dominance Instrument, Myers-Briggs, Clifton Strengths, DISC etc. strongly preferred