In partnership and under the leadership of the Director, Learning & Development, the Senior Learning & Development Specialist performs various learning and development functions at Babson College. Specifically responsible for curating and creating both in person and virtual learning and organizational development programs in alignment with HR and College strategy; as well as performing management and developmental coaching.
WHAT YOU WILL DO
- Consult with stakeholders to determine individual, departmental, and institutional learning and development needs; and strategize, problem solve, design, and implement appropriate activities or interventions.
- Coordinate, manage, and assess the Babson Next Leaders Cohort Program (non-executive track) for high performing and high potential leaders.
- Execute the Manager Essentials program to support new manager development and collaborate with the Director in facilitating leadership development experiences for employee growth and progression.
- Design and facilitate organizational and team development workshops, classes, and retreats for in person and virtual learning.
- Collect and analyze feedback on continuous learning activities on a college wide basis to identify programs to rerun, alter, or create from scratch.
- Plan and execute community wide event programming to foster a Learning campus.
- Partner with other learning providers across campus to maintain one learning calendar and learning resource library.
- Assess current state of learning and adoption of key skills and tools across campus.
- Complete a needs analysis and evaluation of vendors and training programs as needed and facilitate contract and invoicing process for vendors.
- Benchmark best-practice employee learning systems/processes externally.
- Continuously improve all programs and offerings based on participant feedback and best practices.
- Assume additional responsibilities as required.
WHAT EDUCATION AND SKILLS YOU WILL NEED
A minimum of 8-10 years of successful related experience.
Must have superior verbal and written communications skills, and the ability to break down complex topics to make them easier for others to understand and apply
Must have expert presentation and facilitation skills for in person, virtual, or hybrid environments
Must have superior trust building, coaching and listening skills, and the ability to protect confidences, when appropriate
Must have knowledge of various assessments with the ability to debrief with individuals or groups
Must have learning management platform implementation and management experience
Must have excellent creative problem solving, objectivity, and critical thinking skills
Ability to work with ethnically, culturally, and socially diverse staff and faculty
Must have strong attention to detail and ability to follow through on commitments and meet deadlines
Ability to be a motivated, independent learner with a passion for learning and organizational development topics
Ability to keep up-to-date with information and trends relevant to the role, the organization, and in the industry
Ability to embrace ideas and changes created by all community members; seek and appreciate constructive thoughts, ideas, and feedback from others
Ability to effectively handle multiple tasks and priorities
Must be highly independent; take initiative; and challenges self to be and do one’s best
Ability to envision and propose new methods to perform tasks that support ET&A; work independently to solve problems; look for opportunities to take on responsibility; take thoughtful risks; and accept new and ongoing initiatives, objectives, and solutions to gain sought-after results.
Ability to anticipate and embrace change; demonstrate willingness to achieve, acquire, and utilize new skills and challenging tasks; and is flexible in changing conditions.
Must have strong technological skills for Microsoft Office or Google products such as Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Outlook as well as an overall high level of technological savviness
HOW AND WHERE YOU WILL WORK
All Babson College faculty and staff authorized to work on campus must be fully vaccinated against COVID-19, including any appropriate boosters. Proof of vaccination upon hire is required or within 21 days of becoming eligible for a booster. Contact Human Resources for medical accommodation or religious exemption requests.
Eligible for flexible working hours, days, and locations, with some required Wellesley, MA-based work
ADDITIONAL SKILLS YOU MAY HAVE
- Workday Learning Management experience a plus
- Certification from ICF or other credible source preferred
- Instructional design experience a plus
- Certifications such as coaching, Herrmann Brain Dominance Instrument, Myers-Briggs, Clifton Strengths, DISC etc. strongly preferred