The Senior Workday System Administrator is responsible for technical oversight of Workday, the ERP platform at Babson, including Workday Human Capital Management, Payroll, Financial Management, Adaptive and Student. Specifically responsible for supporting the Manager, Workday Operations & Strategy and the cross-functional leads by serving as a technical resource for the Workday platform; providing oversight for Workday tenant management, security administration (in coordination with the Information Security Officer, HCM/Finance Technical/Security leads, and defined security model), configuration administration, system upgrades, reporting administration and establishing well-controlled environments by defining, documenting, and enforcing system standards; collaborating with the technical leads from the various Workday Application Areas (i.e., HCM, Finance, and Student) regarding overall structure, architecture and protocols; and partnering with the Workday operating team to develop solutions, ensure data consistency, data integrity, and enterprise alignment.
WHAT YOU WILL DO
- Partner with the Finance and Academic Affairs division to support the technical aspects of Workday projects.
- Maintain Workday security design, configuration, workflow, and security administration.
- Coordinate and lead Workday mandatory upgrades; design and implement overall testing strategy.
- Act as technical support for advanced Workday report writing (i.e., matrix reports, dashboards and composite reports).
- Design, implement, and maintain enterprise reporting protocols.
- Perform daily system health and performance to ensure high levels of performance, availability, and security.
- Assist with testing new business processes, system modifications, and updates.
- Contribute and maintain operational, configuration, and other operating protocols.
- Responsible for maintaining proper security to protect confidential information.
- Identify opportunities to reduce recurring work where practical (and/or improve performance, reduce risk, etc.).
- Support prioritization processes led by the Platform Manager.
- Monitor and track progress on Workday support tickets tracked in Babson’s Information Technology Services Department ticketing system. Collaborate and support functional leads with escalated issues.
- Responsible for being knowledgeable on the Workday roadmap and upcoming product releases, reviewing release notes, assessing new features and understanding the impacts to business processes and basic changes in functionality. Maintain a complete understanding of the system in order to act as a liaison between IT and functional areas.
- Partner with the Development team to triage escalated integration issues.
- Participate in projects as needed.
- Assume additional responsibilities as required.
YOUR TEAM WILL INCLUDE
WHAT EDUCATION AND SKILLS YOU WILL NEED
Must have at least 5-7 years of relevant experience as a systems or business analyst
Must have strong knowledge of Workday HCM, Payroll and Financial Management, business processes and security, and report writer tools
Must have knowledge of Workday integrations (e.g., Studio, Core Connectors, EIBs, PICOFs, Web Services & REST APIs)
Ability to understand business processes and requirements
Ability to multitask
Must have excellent analytical, problem-solving, oral and written communication skills
Must have a strong attention to detail and the ability to meet deadlines
Must be a team player who prefers a collaborative environment
Demonstrated ability to troubleshoot the deep details of an issue and resolve problems from end-to-end
Ability to envision and propose new methods to perform tasks that support ET&A; take thoughtful risks; and accept new and ongoing initiatives, objectives, and solutions to gain sought-after results.
Ability to anticipate and embrace change; demonstrate willingness to achieve, acquire, and utilize new skills and challenging tasks; and is flexible in changing conditions.
Must have strong computer skills including proficiency in Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, Access, PowerPoint).
HOW AND WHERE YOU WILL WORK
All Babson College faculty and staff authorized to work on campus must be fully vaccinated against COVID-19, including any appropriate boosters. Proof of vaccination upon hire is required or within 21 days of becoming eligible for a booster. Contact Human Resources for medical accommodation or religious exemption requests.
Some occasional travel to Workday training and annual Workday Rising Conference
May require occasional evening and/or weekend work
ADDITIONAL SKILLS YOU MAY HAVE
- Prefer previous experience in an information technology environment
- Familiarity with basic elements of Agile Scrum methodology
- Must have been involved in at least 1 Workday implementation or equivalent Workday experience
- Knowledge of Adaptive and Prism are a plus.