The Workforce Analytics, Reporting and Data Governance team (WARDG) is part of the Global Human Resources (GHR) organization. The primary focus of our team is to deliver workforce reporting and analytic solutions through advanced consultation in addition to ensuring strong data governance across GHR of worker data per Enterprise standards.
The HR Analytics & Data Governance Consultant II will be aligned to a GHR Line of Business client group to support evolving business reporting needs. Accountable for engagement, adoption, satisfaction and delivery of the reporting and analytics products & services for their client group, while ensuring rigorous governance around HR data.
- Work with HR partners to understand the business requirements, make recommendations, and work with teammates, leaders and other teams to build out new dynamic dashboards and automation workflows
- Partner with various teammates to research and problem solve complex business data issues
- Create high-impact presentations and analysis
- Management, creation, and enhancement of standard reporting deliverables
Enterprise Role Overview
Individual Contributor who works on the successful partnership and lead of design, delivery, financial management, communication and/or administration of complex, corporate-Wide HR product(s)/program(s) that may include Compensation, LD, Learning, Payroll, Shared Services or Staffing. May work closely with external vendors. Independently evaluates existing product or program cost, effectiveness and usage, and designs recommended improvements. Has extensive, in-depth knowledge of product functions and can operate independently in handling transactions. Strong client relationship skills used to control and coordinate all aspects of a transaction.
- 5+ years successful performance in a role with strong analytical focus, preferred experience working in an HR or Financial reporting environment
- Working experience with data visualization tools/technology such as Tableau, MicroStrategy & Alteryx
- Proficient in Microsoft Office products with emphasis on strong Excel (formulas, pivot tables, look-ups, and filtering) and PowerPoint
- Performance consulting skills including the ability to identify performance gaps by asking the right questions
- MUST be comfortable with technology/system solutions
- MUST have strong data orientation and analytic skills, demonstrating strong, basic statistical skills, as well as the ability to apply a combination of inductive and deductive reasoning to examine information, interpret results and arrive at well founded, logical conclusions
- Outstanding communication (verbal & written) and presentation skills assimilating data into a results-based story via PowerPoint & effectively present the results
- Bachelors’ Degree preferred; will consider strong experience in lieu of degree
In addition, individual must demonstrate leadership Competencies
- Ability to work well within a team
- Ability to roll up sleeves, run reports, review data, make recommendations around more efficient processes/procedure, etc.
- Drive for execution with strong attention to detail; delivers polished work product with high quality in a timely manner – flawless execution is non-negotiable. All data needs to be accurate.
- Curiosity; Constantly looks for learning opportunities in order to develop skills and knowledge.
- Relationship management skills including the ability to interact, communicate and influence peers and partners.
- Process orientation– someone who is capable of thinking about processes end to end and considering pitfalls, barriers and opportunities along the way
- Takes initiative and is a self-starter
- Ability to prioritize and handle multiple tasks/stakeholders
- Workday experience
1st shift (United States of America)
Hours Per Week: