Rochester, NH USA
Machine Solutions is the premier provider of advanced equipment and services for the medical device, biopharmaceutical, and blood- and plasma-collection industries. We support our customers’ needs and growth by delivering quality and value through a wide breadth of products. Machine Solutions provides proprietary mechanical solutions to a variety of complex process, testing and device design challenges. Our equipment has become the industry standard for stent crimping, balloon catheter pleating and folding, catheter braiding and medical device manufacturing applications. As a pioneer in radio frequency technology, the company has continued to develop advancing technology for thermal forming, molding and welding plastic for medical manufacturing, biopharmaceutical, and blood- and plasma-processing applications. Our experienced team of engineers has been instrumental in automating manual processes that enable our customers to increase production volumes and profit margins, and we believe in providing a superior customer experience by designating resources to a dedicated aftermarket team that is always ready to provide technical service and process support. Machine Solutions is privately owned by BW Forsyth Partners, a Barry-Wehmiller company.
BW Forsyth Partners is the investment arm of multibillion-dollar global manufacturing and engineering consulting firm Barry-Wehmiller. Established in 2009, BW Forsyth Partners blends Barry-Wehmiller’s unparalleled legacy of value creation and people-centric culture development with keen investing experience to help companies realize their true potential. With a focus limited to areas known well, BW Forsyth Partners seeks to partner with leadership teams to acquire small- to middle-market companies in the capital and component equipment, and professional services sectors. In each of our operating companies, BW Forsyth Partners deploys operational improvements and strategy development without compromising the autonomy, strategic vision and entrepreneurial spirit of their leadership teams.
The HR Generalist is responsible for a variety of Culture and People Development functions while providing support with the day-to-day operations of the Culture and People Development Department. The CPD Team Member carries out responsibilities in the following areas: Team Member relations, training and development, safety, benefits, travel and employment
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Ensure legal compliance of HR state and federal regulations and applicable employment laws, and update policies and/or procedures as required
- Partners with Team Members and Leadership to communicate various Culture and People Developments policies, procedures, laws, standards and cultural expectations.
- Responsible for a variety of Culture and People Development activities to include employment, recruitment, retention, benefits, and training.
- Coordinate front office functions.
- Assist in administering benefits, compensation, recogntion and employee performance programs
- Coordinates orientations for Team Members.
- Assist in the communication, interpretation, and upkeep of employee handbook, employee directory, and organizational chart, and contributes to the development of policies
- Provides advice, assistance, and follow-up on company policies, procedures and documentation. Coordinates the resolution of specific policy related and procedural problems and inquires.
- Suggest new procedures and policies to continually improve efficiency of the HR department and organization as a whole, and to improve employee experience
- Assume other activities and responsibilities from time to time as directed.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
SKILLS AND QUALIFICATIONS
- Bachelor’s degree in HR, business, or a related field and 2 years HR training or experience; or equivalent combination of education and experience (minimum 6 years).
- Excellent communication, presentation, and interpersonal skills
- Resourceful, problem-solving aptitude and through knowledge of HR procedures and policies
- High level of personal initiative, personal integrity, and professionalism.
- Advanced knowledge of MS Office, HRIS systems, and comfortable learning new technical systems as needed
- Proven experience working in an HR department
- Strong detail-oriented and resourceful mindset
- Knowledge of Workday HRIS a plus
- Knowledge of HR federal laws and regulations
- Manufacturing Environment
- Safety management
Minimal time will be spent walking, some time will be spent reaching with hands and arms, and lots of time will be spent sitting, using hands to finger, feel, or handle (typing) and talking or hearing. Minimal time will be spent lifting weight up to 10 lbs. Close vision is required. Lots of work requiring reading, sitting at a computer that is 20 inches or less.
Minimal time is spent working near moving mechanical parts. The noise level is expected to be moderate.
At Barry-Wehmiller we recognize that people come with a wealth of experience and talent beyond just the technical requirements of a job. If your experience is close to what you see listed here, please still consider applying. We know that our differences often can bring about innovation, excellence and meaningful work—therefore, people from all backgrounds are encouraged to apply to our positions. Please let us know if you require reasonable accommodations during the interview process.
Barry-Wehmiller is an equal opportunity employer. M/F/D/V This organization uses E-Verify.
Applicants may be subject to pre-employment screening which may include drug screening, reference checks, employment verifications, background screening and/or skills assessments.
Machine Solutions, Inc.