BW Integrated Systems is an industry leader in the design and manufacture of end-of-line packaging equipment solutions and packaging automation, as well as systems integration. With seven manufacturing facilities and more than 800 team members worldwide, BW Integrated Systems is a global partner for our customers and has installations in more than 50 countries around the world. Our products and service network provide differentiated technology and technical support for manufacturing companies in a variety of global market segments, including automotive, beer and beverage, wine, spirits, container manufacturing, food, household, personal care, dairy, paper, pharmaceutical, and consumer mailing and collating. BW Integrated Systems packaging professionals have decades of application experience in robotic solutions, packaging line design, integrated solutions, palletizers and depalletizers, automated can-end and product-handling equipment, case- and tray-packing, case- and tray-forming, advanced conveyance technology and controls, unwrappers, destrappers, feeders, coolers and pasteurizers.
Barry-Wehmiller is a diversified global supplier of engineering consulting and manufacturing technology for the packaging, corrugating, sheeting and paper-converting industries. By blending people-centric leadership with disciplined operational strategies and purpose-driven growth, Barry-Wehmiller has become a $3 billion organization with nearly 12,000 team members united by a common belief: to use the power of business to build a better world.
Barry-Wehmiller Integrated Systems has an immediate need for a Sr. Human Resources Leader in our Loveland, CO facility. The HR Leader will be responsible for driving People, Products and Performance across a set span of care –a mix of site (multi) and functional support. This individual will be instrumental in driving our people-centric culture, developing the people strategy for the site(s)/function(s) to elevate our business performance and reach step-change performance within the BW culture. A key member of the Senior Leadership Team(s) for the site(s)/function(s), the Sr. CPD Leader will partner with the other leaders to outline strategy for the teams in the span of care.
The Sr. HR Leader will provide both strategic and tactical HR Leadership. This role supports and strengthens our team members and our business, by focusing on employee relations, performance management, talent and leadership development, talent acquisition, succession planning, benefits administration, and other initiatives that promote a healthy, people-centric culture (click here for more information on Barry-Wehmiller’s unique and well known approach to culture) for approximately 200-300 team members.
- As a member of the site/function Senior Leadership Team(s), strategically align people initiatives with business needs, and serve as a consistent advocate for BWIS team members
- Partner with the local Senior Leadership Team to develop people strategy as it relates to organizational design, staffing, and succession planning
- Coach and mentor senior leaders and team members as appropriate
- Lead, support and guide site CPD team members and teams to ensure growth and unwavering CPD support to all sites/functions in span of care
- Participate as a key member of the Division’s CPD Leadership team to determine and execute CPD priorities and programs that are most impactful for the business
- Lead recruiting, on-boarding and off-boarding processes for the sites/functions in span of care
- Ensure consistent compliance with employment legislation
- Oversee the group’s safety programs, ensuring adherence to various safety requirements including local standards
- Facilitate training, educational programs, and events that encourage and enhance team member wellbeing and growth
- Drive performance and compensation review processes in span of care, in partnership with the Culture & People Development Director
- Provide support and assist leaders with disciplinary action and Performance Improvement Plans
- Ensure Workday (HR system of record) is utilized appropriately and help leaders and change management process
- Consistently apply appropriate judgment and discretion in the handling of sensitive and/or confidential information
- Participate in and/or lead special projects as needed
- Bachelor’s degree in Human Resources, Business or other related field
- 8-10 years of relevant experience, preferably in a manufacturing environment, preferably in a multi-site or multi-country capacity
- Experience with employee relations, performance management, leadership development, training, leading and coaching others, managing multiple responsibilities, and leading organizational change
- Strong knowledge of employment legislation and safety regulations
- Demonstrated effective written, verbal, presentation and communication skills
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite
- Prior Workday experience a plus
The following competencies will differentiate top candidates:
- Critical thinking
- Business Acumen – ability to understand the business to identify key areas of partnership and action that will result in business improvements
- Managing organizational change
- Relating openly and comfortably with diverse groups of people
- Continuous improvement mindset
- Decision quality
- Strong ability to coach, develop and inspire team members
- Typically sits, grasps items and performs keyboarding for occasional operation of a computer
- Stand, walk, bend, reach or otherwise move about occasionally
- Lift, move, or otherwise transfer items up to 30 lbs. occasionally
- Occasional exposure to typical machine shop physical hazards
- Travel by air or car – 20-30%
The approximate pay range for this position is $120,000 – $130,000. Please note that the pay range provided is a good faith estimate for the position at the time of posting. Final compensation may vary based on factors including but not limited to background, knowledge, skills, and abilities as well as geographic location of the position.
At Barry-Wehmiller we recognize that people come with a wealth of experience and talent beyond just the technical requirements of a job. If your experience is close to what you see listed here, please still consider applying. We know that our differences often can bring about innovation, excellence and meaningful work—therefore, people from all backgrounds are encouraged to apply to our positions. Please let us know if you require reasonable accommodations during the interview process.
Barry-Wehmiller is an equal opportunity employer. M/F/D/V This organization uses E-Verify.
Applicants may be subject to pre-employment screening which may include drug screening, reference checks, employment verifications, background screening and/or skills assessments.
BW Integrated Systems