This is where you save and sustain lives
At Baxter, we are deeply connected by our mission. No matter your role at Baxter, your work makes a positive impact on people around the world. You’ll feel a sense of purpose throughout the organization, as we know our work improves outcomes for millions of patients.
Baxter’s products and therapies are found in almost every hospital worldwide, in clinics and in the home. For over 85 years, we have pioneered significant medical innovations that transform healthcare.
Together, we create a place where we are happy, successful and inspire each other. This is where you can do your best work.
Join us at the intersection of saving and sustaining lives—where your purpose accelerates our mission.
A great opportunity to join our HR team based in Castlebar. You will be performing HR Specialist support functions for both Castlebar and Swinford sites and will work within the busy HR department. We employ 1300 people across the 2 sites where our mission is to Save and Sustain Lives. In the role of HR Specialist you will have contact with a broad range of people throughout the business and you will play an important role within the HR team.
This position is offered on a 24 month contract.
What you will be doing
- Collaborating with Global and Local teams on process improvement projects.
- Management of employee programs and driving employee engagement.
- HRIT (HR Information Technology) responsibilities – including Workday SME, Assist employees, supervisors and managers with Workday queries and self-service updates.
- Compensation Review HRBP for Castlebar & Swinford.
- Assisting the Recruitment process and Manpower planning,
- Conduct Training on HR policy and procedures and support Orientation for new hires.
- Staying up to date and complying with changes in HR/GDPR legislation.
- Direct contributor to the deployment of Lean management principles in plant as a 6S Lead.
- Driving Community Outreach & Volunteerism.
- Support employee communication in the plant through different mediums including editorial responsibility of company magazine.
- Manage special projects and ad hoc duties as required.
- Assist and support payroll team when required
- Assist and Support HR Manager & HR Director as required.
- Reporting, adhoc documentation and general administration.
- Personnel File and Efile Management.
- Represent Company at Company sponsored events, Conferences & Exhibitions.
- Stay up to date and comply with changes in Employment Law legislation.
- AOB as required
What you will have:
- Minimum 2 years experience in a busy Human Resources environment
- Must have proficiency in Microsoft Office suite ( Windows, MS Word, Excel and Powerpoint) with advanced level in Excel
- Experience of working with HR analytics
- Payroll experience an advantage
- Hands-on experience with Human Resources Information Systems (HRIS), in particular Workday
- Must have proven history of ability to multi-task and work in a fast-paced environment
- Excellent organization, communication (both written and verbal) and interpersonal skills required
- Good working knowledge and familiarity with HR Concepts, practices, procedures and basic employment laws required.
- Supportive, positive attitude with a detail oriented demeanour applied to all tasks.
- 3rd level qualification in a related discipline or relevant experience in a similar field
- 25 days holiday plus Public Holidays
- Health Insurance
- Life Assurance
- Subsidised Canteen
This role is Monday to Friday (39 hours per week)
Baxter is committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodations to individuals with disabilities. If, because of a medical condition or disability, you need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the application or interview process, please send an e-mail to [email protected] and let us know the nature of your request along with your contact information.
Recruitment Fraud Notice
Baxter has discovered incidents of employment scams, where fraudulent parties pose as Baxter employees, recruiters, or other agents, and engage with online job seekers in an attempt to steal personal and/or financial information. To learn how you can protect yourself, review our Recruitment Fraud Notice.