This is where you save and sustain lives
At Baxter, we are deeply connected by our mission. No matter your role at Baxter, your work makes a positive impact on people around the world. You'll feel a sense of purpose throughout the organization, as we know our work improves outcomes for millions of patients.
Baxter's products and therapies are found in almost every hospital worldwide, in clinics and in the home. For over 85 years, we have pioneered significant medical innovations that transform healthcare.
Together, we create a place where we are happy, successful and inspire each other. This is where you can do your best work.
Join us at the intersection of saving and sustaining lives—where your purpose accelerates our mission.
Nothing changes if nothing changes, which is why Baxter is transforming our global IT function—into one that will strengthen partnerships and enable smarter, more efficient and connected business processes. In the dynamic healthcare industry, we need to be ready to face new challenges and opportunities. As we learn, we must be agile and innovative to reveal new ways of working. Technology and our digital capability will help create a more efficient and innovative ecosystem to enable our employees, customers and products to drive better outcomes for patients worldwide.
We are at the critical intersection where robust IT infrastructure and networking support meets the physicians, nurses and care givers who save and sustain lives. Together, we can build upon Baxter’s rich heritage to advance the next generation of transformative healthcare innovations. Together, we can change how IT meets healthcare. Together, we are Baxter.
This is where technology fuels purpose-driven work. Where your purpose accelerates our mission.
Job Title: Mgr IT, Legal Tech Delivery and Ops
This role is responsible for the team of technical engineers supporting the Legal portfolio and small/medium projects. They will partner with the Legal stakeholders and cross-functional IT teams to deliver technical systems solutions and enhance the quality of IT products and services. This role requires the ability to work independently with minimal direction, as well as in cooperation with a variety of customers and other technical professionals. They will provide direct supervision of individuals including mentoring, performance management, and staffing decisions of internal/external resources within the group or service delivery area. Assure strategic and tactical plans are met.
- Lead team of varied skilled multiple technical direct report resources () in addition to managing matrixed technical resources based in GDCs or external service providers, providing technical expertise and guidance along with accountability of reviewing and approving design concepts of new or existing products
- Collaborates with the product owners and business analysts to shape the end-end product portfolio and define core KPIs/goals within the areas of functional responsibility.
- Partners with Business SMEs to deliver against the aligned roadmap and areas of functional responsibility
- Support budget development, forecasts of projects and resources.
- Demonstrate extensive business knowledge and deep knowledge of technical architecture to provide guidance to team members providing application/product support within the area(s) of functional responsibility across Legal.
- Display proficiency in platform support tasks including configuration, integrations, upgrade, security, and problem resolution within the area(s) of functional responsibility as per business demand.
- Effectively communicate strategies & trade-offs up to senior leaders and down to product teams
- Lead and direct various teams engaged in SaaS based projects with best demonstrated practices in application design, testing, security models, change control, and system administration.
- Develop value propositions, provide estimates, and direct teams to implement new capabilities
- Identify improvement opportunities and direct teams for design and development of automation solutions to minimize manual tasks across the assigned Legal products
- Embrace and embed agile ways of working in support of a fail-fast-learn-fast culture and enabling continual improvement to design, develop, test, and implement supportable and sustainable enterprise solutions.
- Communicate status, solutions, and concerns. Disseminate information in a timely manner within the team and across functions or teams using structured communication plans.
- Oversee administrative tasks, provide guidance on best practices, and ensure team members comply with standard procedures and supporting documentation within the area(s) of functional responsibility.
Education and or/Key Experiences
- Bachelor’s degree preferred in computer sciences or relevant work experience with global information systems
- Generally 8+ years’ experience delivering small to medium projects to solve business problems
- Demonstrate strong business acumen, solution delivery expertise and a strong understanding of SaaS system offerings
- Strong English language skills required; must be comfortable conversing in English
- Experience working with third-party external teams in the support and implementation of IT solutions
- Experience with supporting global platforms, taking proactive action when needed, to ensure stability and avoid outages.
- Experience with scripting and automation technologies to automate and standardize processes, including but not limited to system upgrades, automated testing, version control and application deployment
- Experience mentoring team members to improve technical proficiency in addressing platform related issues.
- Experience with people and team management desired.
- Experience with Waterfall, Agile and hybrid project management frameworks.
- Excellent written/ verbal communications and critical thinking skills a must.
- Ability to prioritize and work on multiple tasks simultaneously.
- Energetic and self-motivated team player with proven ability to work in both independent and team environment.
Legal specific experience:
- Expertise / understand cloud technologies such as Icertis, Epona, Exterro, Records 365, Anaqua.
- Work with third party, Legal Operations Leadership and/or business partner when issues are found; manage issues to closure.
- Identify, assess, and solve complex business problems for Core Legal applications and process: Legal Matters (Legal Tracker), Legal Holds (Exterro), Contract Life Cycle Management (Icertis), Doc Management (Epona), Intellectual Property (Anaqua) and Records 365.
- Integration knowledge of Workday, Identity Access Management (IDM), ERP (JD Edwards), Coupa, OKTA (SSO), Docu Sign, M365.
- Experience with the expectations of a corporate Legal litigation team and how it relates to application functionality introduced to internal end users.
Baxter is committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodations to individuals with disabilities. If, because of a medical condition or disability, you need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the application or interview process, please send an e-mail to Americas_TTA@baxter.com and let us know the nature of your request along with your contact information.
Recruitment Fraud Notice
Baxter has discovered incidents of employment scams, where fraudulent parties pose as Baxter employees, recruiters, or other agents, and engage with online job seekers in an attempt to steal personal and/or financial information. To learn how you can protect yourself, review our Recruitment Fraud Notice.