This is where you save and sustain lives
At Baxter, we are deeply connected by our mission. No matter your role at Baxter, your work makes a positive impact on people around the world. You'll feel a sense of purpose throughout the organization, as we know our work improves outcomes for millions of patients.
Baxter's products and therapies are found in almost every hospital worldwide, in clinics and in the home. For over 85 years, we have pioneered significant medical innovations that transform healthcare.
Together, we create a place where we are happy, successful and inspire each other. This is where you can do your best work.
Join us at the intersection of saving and sustaining lives—where your purpose accelerates our mission.
Sr Spec, IT – HR Tech
Business Title: Sr Specialist
Baxter Healthcare Corporation
Gather, understand, and document business objectives, specifications, and technical design on small to medium sized projects based on a solid understanding of business requirements. Analyze business needs, document requirements, build test scenarios and complete unit and system integration testing. Manage project tasks and provide regular status. Become an SME (SUBJECT MATTER EXPERT) of applications and partner with application support teams for issue resolution.
- Identify, assess, and resolve business problems for assigned applications and processes
- Collaborate with Product Owner, Business Analysts, and other IT functions on medium and large sized system enhancements
- Define, design and document business and integration flows/processes.
- Develop test scenarios/scripts and execute testing, obtaining objective evidence that meets each test.
- Develop Standard Operating Procedures to standardize tasks for consistency in operations
- Work with 3rd party, other IT teams, and/or business partner when issues are found; manage issues to closure.
- Helps create, manage, and enforce IT Controls, validation and change control, policies, and procedures.
- Manage system enhancements/releases.
- Put together work plans, track project work. Independently manage own work.
- Serve as product engineer for agile or SDLC (Software Development Life Cycle) based project teams.
- Communicate status, solutions, and concerns. Disseminate information in a timely manner within the team.
- Perform tasks with minimum direction, independently manage complex problems, guide others
- Management of stakeholders and their expectations.
- Ability to work with cross-functional matrixed teams to deliver on a common goal.
- Interpersonal skills and development of relationships with team members, peers, leaders, and customers.
- Working knowledge of lean product principles and strong knowledge of software development lifecycle
- Foundational project management skills (projects involving internal and external stakeholders) with ability to meet tight deadlines and prioritize workloads
- Solid communication (verbal and written) skills and attention to detail
- Sense of urgency with strong follow-up skills. Must be detailed oriented and able to work in a matrixed team setting
- Experience working with vendors and third-party providers on product features, releases, and issue resolution.
- Must be able to work with others in different time zones
- Willingness to learn new skills
Education and Experience
- Bachelor’s degree in relevant field Information Technology, Computer Science or Engineering etc.
- 6+ years of experience in Information Systems, experience in multiple areas of IT
- Experience related to Software as Service (SaaS)
- Experience with ITSM Process; experience with Service Now or Jira is preferred
- Expertise with HR cloud technologies, preferably UKG (Ultimate Kronos Group) Kronos, Workday, Fieldglass, Cornerstone On Demand
- Work with third party, HR Leadership Teams and/or business partners when issues are found; manage issues to closure.
- Identify, assess, and solve complex business problems for integrating Experience with Workday cloud application with internal and external applications: Human Capital Management, Talent Management, Talent Acquisition, Advanced Compensation, Benefits and Payroll (US and Outside US).
- Integration knowledge expertise with of Kronos Time Keeping, Identity Access Management (IDM), SAP Fieldglass, Cornerstone on Demand (Learning Management System), local payroll providers, third party benefit providers.
- Experience with Workday Integrations (Studio, Enterprise Integration Builder, Connectors, etc.)
- Experience with integrating core HR applications with EDH (Enterprise Data Hub), supporting integration tools: Datastage, Control M, MuleSoft, and Globalscape.
- Experience with Web Services and APIs (Application Programming Interface) such as (SOAP, REST)
Baxter is committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodations to individuals with disabilities. If, because of a medical condition or disability, you need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the application or interview process, please send an e-mail to Americas_TTA@baxter.com and let us know the nature of your request along with your contact information.
Recruitment Fraud Notice
Baxter has discovered incidents of employment scams, where fraudulent parties pose as Baxter employees, recruiters, or other agents, and engage with online job seekers in an attempt to steal personal and/or financial information. To learn how you can protect yourself, review our Recruitment Fraud Notice.