USA SC – Moncks Corner
Job Description Summary
This role supports a project with an anticipated end date of July 31, 2025 and is not severance eligible.
Reports directly to the Site Human Resources Business Partner. Supports/leads site wide initiatives. Exercises independent judgment in the establishment of priorities. Maintains a high degree of confidentiality in dealing with all business transactions, correspondence, performance plans, appraisals, compensation and other employee relations issues. Supports the Moncks Corner site.
We are the makers of possible
BD is one of the largest global medical technology companies in the world. Advancing the world of health™ is our Purpose, and it’s no small feat. It takes the imagination and passion of all of us—from design and engineering to the manufacturing and marketing of our billions of MedTech products per year—to look at the impossible and find transformative solutions that turn dreams into possibilities.
We believe that the human element, across our global teams, is what allows us to continually evolve. Join us and discover an environment in which you’ll be supported to learn, grow and become your best self. Become a maker of possible with us.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Actively supports Ops People Strategies i.e. Inclusion Diversity & Equity plan, Good Jobs Strat, etc.
- Develops and maintains communication strategy for the plant to associates and the community, as needed.
- Create correspondence and communications (letters, employee communications /announcements, slides for plant, organizational announcements etc.) collaboratively with others.
- Manages new hire orientation-revamp, coordinate, including but not limited to leading various aspects of orientation and Peer Support Coordination.
- Supports and participates in recruitment activities including but not limited to: interviewing, job fairs, etc.
- Manages Voice of Associate (VoA) process and various associate programs (i.e., Reward and Recognition Programs, Birthday gifts, Holiday gifts, Attendance, Service and Recognition Awards, etc.).
- Facilitates the on-boarding and off-boarding process, to also coordinating with the I-9 Agent.
- Develops, leads and supports programs to ensure constant application of policies and associate engagement throughout the plant.
- Works closely with HR Business Partner on special projects and assignments.
- Updates and maintains communication (i.e., bulletin boards, TV’s, etc. plant-wide to ensure information is communicated to all and accurately).
- Complies with all local, state, federal, and BD policies, and procedures.
- Responsible for generating various monthly reports related to associate headcount, turnover data, and ad hoc reports as requested.
- Assist and provide direction to associates regarding the Workday self-service portal.
- Maintain Operations HR Department Filing Room in an organized and timely manner, and complete filing as required.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Applications (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Visio).
- Must have strong interpersonal and oral/written communication skills.
- Ability to complete special projects independently.
- Must have the ability to anticipate and resolve issues.
- Must be able to handle highly confidential information.
- Must be able to interact effectively with all levels within the organization.
- Must show initiative, good judgment, ability to assume responsibilities, manage and work independently.
- Maintains personal computer skill levels compatible with current technology used within the company.
- Project Management experience
- HR Generalist experience
Education and Experience:
- Minimum Associates or Two (2) Year Degree, plus
- Minimum (5) years of progressive administrative experience; 3 of those years focused on Human Resources, and
- Must have HRIS experience (i.e., Workday, ADP, etc.).
Regular typing and computer work performed daily. Requires occasional light physical effort (e.g., prolonged standing, sitting, bending, stooping reaching and/or lifting of items – up to 30 lbs.).
General office environment. Some minor inconvenience or discomfort occasionally present in the work situation (moderate noise, disagreeable odors, etc.).
On-the-job and SOPs required for position
For certain roles at BD, employment is contingent upon the Company’s receipt of sufficient proof that you are fully vaccinated against COVID-19. In some locations, testing for COVID-19 may be available and/or required. Consistent with BD’s Workplace Accommodations Policy, requests for accommodation will be considered pursuant to applicable law.
Why Join Us?
A career at BD means being part of a team that values your opinions and contributions and that encourages you to bring your authentic self to work. It’s also a place where we help each other be great, we do what’s right, we hold each other accountable, and learn and improve every day.
You will learn and work alongside inspirational leaders and colleagues who are equally passionate and committed to fostering an inclusive, growth-centered, and rewarding culture. You will have the opportunity to help shape the trajectory of BD while leaving a legacy at the same time. And through the organization’s investment in BD University, you will continually level up your tech skills and expertise.
To find purpose in the possibilities, we need people who can see the bigger picture, who understand the human story that underpins everything we do. We welcome people with the imagination and drive to help us reinvent the future of health. At BD, you’ll discover a culture in which you can learn, grow and thrive. And find satisfaction in doing your part to make the world a better place.
To learn more about BD visit https://bd.com/careers
Becton, Dickinson and Company is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. We do not unlawfully discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, age, sex, creed, national origin, ancestry, citizenship status, marital or domestic or civil union status, familial status, affectional or sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, genetics, disability, military eligibility or veteran status, or any other protected status.
Primary Work Location
USA SC – Moncks Corner
NA (United States of America)