IRL Dun Laoghaire – Pottery Road
Job Description Summary
Talent Acquisition Partner (TAP)
The Diabetes Care business of Becton, Dickinson, and Company (BD; NYSE: BDX) is the industry pioneer and leader in diabetes injection devices. The Diabetes Care business unit has a 90-year history within BD and is unique in that it focuses on one important disease state which is a threat to world health.
BD Diabetes Care has an unequalled reach and connection to diabetic patients and has well-established relationships with key diabetes stakeholders and influencers worldwide. Our injection devices provide 2/3rd of the worldwide insulin injections, serving our 30+ million global patient-base.
BD Diabetes Care has leveraged deep expertise and advanced technologies to continuously innovate their injection portfolio and to design and pursue the development of an infusion product specifically tailored to the needs of type 2 diabetics. Their products are diligently designed to enable people who are living with diabetes and will benefit from comfortable, effective diabetes care.
It is contemplated that within the coming months, BD will spin off Diabetes Care into a new publicly owned corporation, which will be named embecta (“NewCo”).
We are hiring a Talent Acquisition Partner (TAP) to lead and deliver TA for our Diabetes Care business in Ireland. The TAP is responsible for identifying and engaging world-class candidates on behalf of NewCo while providing excellent customer service throughout the recruitment cycle. They act as a brand ambassador, focused on delivering exceptional talent while providing proactive and timely communication on the status of the search. They serve as subject matter expert in talent acquisition and provide consultative direction and industry expertise to hiring leader.
This is an On-Site position at our Manufacturing Facility in Dun Laoghaire, Ireland – This position will support local recruitment for BD’s Diabetes Care (NewCo org) and report to the Director, Global Talent Acquisition at NewCo.
- Lead a detailed intake meeting with the hiring leader to determine position specifications, providing relevant market data and recommendations on possible approaches to the search or candidate requirements.
- Craft and execute the research strategy for talent pooling, market mapping, market research and competitor analysis. As such you’ll research and build talent pipelines for current and future roles.
- Source candidates (both passive and active) via resume databases, search engine and networking sites using Boolean search language.
- Solicit and pursue referrals from business networks and/or internal referrals.
- Review of candidates who have applied via Workday.
- Evaluate candidate qualifications against position requirements and determine who to move forward in the recruitment process.
- Develop and manage recruitment marketing plans or sourcing plans to determine the most appropriate candidate sources that align to the search requirements.
- Be at the forefront of utilizing technology to execute the latest sourcing techniques and methods.
- Use an appropriate mix of media to connect with talent communities (phone, email, social media, etc.).
- Articulate employee value proposition to candidates who are interested in the job opportunity.
- Prepare candidates for interviews, coaching them on logistical information, interview schedule and overall expectations.
- Ensure candidates are provided with timely updates concerning the status of their applications and interviews.
- Review and evaluate candidate applications and/or proactively sourced resumes against required experience, education, and skills.
- Draft and utilize interview templates appropriate to the job description.
- Use independent judgement to compare candidates and skills assessments with position requirements to determine if the candidate is a match for the role or a potential match for other open positions.
Influencing the Hire:
- Keep candidates engaged throughout process, ensuring consistent communication on the status of the search.
- Partner with hiring leader to determine offer details, using market data and compensation guidelines to support recommendations.
- Articulate a job offer to candidate and drive for candidate acceptance, anticipating and negotiating counteroffers as appropriate.
- Develop relationships across the organization to understand their business and recruitment needs.
- Work to deliver a strong candidate slate, continuously building talent pipelines to ensure there are always multiple qualified candidates in play.
- Provide accurate and regular reporting of recruiting activities to the hiring leader, human resources, and Talent Acquisition leader to discuss both metrics and efforts.
- Identify difficulties with searches and research and recommend solutions to both internal and external stakeholders.
- Proactively and regularly communicate the status of each search to the hiring leader, providing a consultative approach with recommendations on how to move forward.
- Strict adherence to all regulations and all other compliance standards.
- Minimum of four years’ recruiting experience with demonstrated successes in a corporate, RPO or agency setting.
- Experience using recruitment technologies such as Applicant Tracking Systems (ATS) and social media tools, Workday experience a plus
- Experience as a Recruiter within a manufacturing environment is essential, understanding the various roles within Operations, Engineering, R&D and their support functions
- Proficient in Boolean search techniques for sourcing.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office, including Outlook, Word, Excel, and PowerPoint.
- Knowledge of common Human Resources principles, practices and metrics related to talent acquisition.
- Demonstrable experience delivering operationally
- Experience working within a heavily matrix environment
- Exposure to Medical Devices/Life Sciences is not required, but would be a plus
- Strong interpersonal and leadership skills with the ability to develop credible and constructive relationships with business partners and other internal stakeholders
- Excellent and concise communication skills demonstrated with an ability to listen and communicate clearly, effectively, and persuasively in verbal and written presentation
- Strong time management skills: ability to prioritize multiple projects and responsibilities.
- Ability to handle ambiguity, stressful and/or confidential situations with ease, professionalism, and savviness.
- Must have strong business acumen and savvy.
- Experienced working across Ireland.
Click on apply if this sounds like you!
Why join us?
A career at BD means being part of a team that values your opinions and contributions and that empowers you to bring your authentic self to work. Here our associates can fulfill their life’s purpose through the work that they do every day.
You will learn and work alongside inspirational leaders and colleagues who are equally passionate and committed to fostering an inclusive, growth-centered, and rewarding culture. Our Total Rewards program — which includes competitive pay, benefits, continuous learning, recognition, career growth, and life balance components — is designed to support the varying needs of our diverse and global associates.
Becton, Dickinson and Company is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We do not unlawfully discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, age, sex, creed, national origin, ancestry, citizenship status, marital or domestic or civil union status, familial status, affectional or sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, genetics, disability, or any other protected status.
To learn more about BD visit https://emea.jobs.bd.com/
Primary Work Location
IRL Dun Laoghaire – Pottery Road