IRL Dun Laoghaire – Pottery Road
DEU Heidelberg – Tullastrasse
FRA Le Pont-de-Claix Cedex
BEL Erembodegem – Dorp 86
embecta, formerly part of BD, is one of the largest pure-play diabetes care companies in the world, leveraging its nearly 100-year legacy in insulin delivery to empower people with diabetes to live their best life through innovative solutions, partnerships and the passion of more than 2,000 employees around the globe. For more information, visit embecta.com.
Job Description Summary
Embecta, formerly part of BD, is one of the largest pure-play diabetes care companies in the world, leveraging its nearly 100-year legacy in insulin delivery to empower people with diabetes to live their best life through innovative solutions, partnerships and the passion of more than 2,000 employees around the globe.
As part of our spin-off as a new company we have created the position of Total Rewards Business Partner – EMEA & Greater Asia. This is an exciting opportunity to join our journey!
The position is remote (occasional site visits) and can be based in Ireland, France, Germany, or Belgium.
This role manages and implements regional and country Total Rewards plans and processes to ensure local fit of global plans, to develop solutions for region/country-specific plans, optimize processes and vendors, and ensure alignment with global Total Rewards principles. You will take the lead in deploying total rewards solutions working closely with global leads and regional/country HR Business Partners in EMEA (Europe, Middle East, and Africa) and Greater Asia (includes Australia and China). Total Reward programs includes compensation (base pay, incentives, recognition, job frameworks), benefits (health, retirement, well-being) and mobility (relocation and immigration). You will be business savvy, have a strong understanding of benefits theory, design, processes, and compliance, and a solid understanding of compensation key practices with a keen interest in understanding and communicating data, as well as developing models that support recommended approaches. You must have the ability to balance multiple priorities, have analytical rigor, project management, and superior communication skills. Attention to detail is critical. Reports to the head of international benefits and mobility, and dotted line to the head of total rewards.
- Continually assesses and ensure the competitiveness and compliance of all total rewards programs and practices against comparable companies, industries, and employee needs
- Actively manage and monitor total reward program financials and utilization to ensure they are operating as desired and on budget; partner with Finance, as necessary
- Manipulate and analyze large data sets to distill insights and convey findings
- Develop functional requirements to design or improve upon total rewards related plans and processes; create and deliver associated training including tools and templates for regional/country application
- Act as the primary liaison for Total Rewards subject matter experts, internal (HR, Procurement, Finance, IT and Legal) stakeholders, shared service centers, and third-party providers to ensure deployment of global solutions
- Participate in and oversee the delivery of mergers and acquisitions, including side-by-side rewards program comparisons and implementation of transition activities, as appropriate
- Lead annual processes for specific regions (i.e., annual compensation, benefits renewals, etc.)
- Develop and deliver education and communication regarding total rewards plans and processes
- Assist with the completion of various ad-hoc global project
- Ability to work independently and demonstrated ability to quickly assess and resolve issues, while translating complex information into understandable terms
- Self-starter with demonstrated ability to prioritize and handle multiple tasks and projects simultaneously
- Demonstrated ability to effectively present information and respond to queries in a clear and concise manner
- Ability to analyze situations, generate alternatives and make sound recommendations to management
Key Experience & Skills
- Advance knowledge of total rewards practices, and familiarity with the regulatory environments across countries in EMEA (experience in Greater Asia is also highly desirable but not essential).
- Must possess significant interpersonal and communication skills and is a team player who proactively seeks to find solutions
- Advanced qualitative, quantitative, analytical and project management skills
- Hands on experience translating business requirements into functional solutions
- Proficiency in Microsoft office programs (e.g. Excel, Outlook, Word, Powerpoint, Teams, Edge, etc.)
- Workday experience desirable
- Demonstrated knowledge of rewards plans and program administration methods (i.e. – health and welfare, income protection, retirement, compensation, ESPP etc.)
- Exposure to annual total reward cycle activities
- Experience working with multinational pooling contracts preferred but not required
- Ability to contribute to strategic analysis of benefits and compensation plans
- Bachelor’s Degree required; Certified Benefits Professional (CBP)or Professional certification in compensation (CCP)desirable
- 5+ years of progressive rewards plans experience in a globally matrixed environment
- Demonstrated vendor management responsibilities
Embecta is a new global $1B+ medical technology company formed through a spinoff from Becton, Dickinson and Company (BD) on April 1, 2022, focused on providing solutions to improve the health and wellbeing of people living with diabetes. Over the nearly 100-year history of our business, we believe that our products have become one of the most widely recognized and respected brands in diabetes management in the world. Our products are used by nearly 30 million people in over 100 countries for insulin administration and to aid with the daily management of diabetes.
Click on APPLY if this sounds like you!
Primary Work Location
IRL Dun Laoghaire – Pottery Road
BEL Erembodegem – Dorp 86, DEU Heidelberg – Tullastrasse, FRA Le Pont-de-Claix Cedex