London – Baker Street
Ideas | People | Trust
We’re BDO. An accountancy and business advisory firm, providing the advice and solutions businesses need to navigate today’s changing world.
We’ll broaden your horizons
Working with every department at BDO, our Finance team helps us meet relevant legal requirements that ensure our firm operates effectively in a tightly-regulated field. They implement strategies that help us innovate – like combining new technology with traditional financial processes to make us even more digital. As part of this friendly team, you’ll enjoy flexible hours and have opportunities to take responsibility for the delivery of quality work. With your colleagues behind you, you’ll embrace change, new ideas and have an impact on the future of our firm.
This newly created position will report to the Tax Stream Senior Finance Manger predominately in relation to supporting the London Tax Group, the stream’s biggest SBU in its financial matters.
Working within the Tax Stream Finance team, this role will initially involve leveraging the new technology implemented by the firm -Workday with data extraction and preparation to the production of insightful reporting to the group.
We’ll help you succeed
- Updating weekly and monthly reporting to provide meaningful MI to all stream staff and in due course to reviewing and developing the reports over time
- Analysis of actual against forecast and prior year across the group in conjunction with the senior finance manager to identify trends in order to proactively guide the groups leaders with their financial performance
- Assisting with the quarterly forecast process for the group, this responsibility will grow with every iteration of the forecast
- Working Capital management, ensuring that bills, recoveries and cash collections are managed effectively and efficiently; challenging performance in these areas where required and agreeing appropriate action to take when issues arise
- Taking a lead role in handling Workday queries that emanate from stream staff
- Approving Accounts Payable Invoices for LTG and building a framework for monitoring of key expenditure lines
- Responsible for the daily newsletter, working with the team to pull together the news and reports and ultimately approving what is sent out to the business every day.
- Working with the Senior finance manager to streamline the forecast process using a new system to the firm, Adaptive planning.
- In conjunction with the Senior Finance Manager assist the Local Heads of Tax and Bubble Heads to manage the finances of their individual partners (such as WIP, debt and provisions)
When you join us, we’ll make your growth our priority. If you can demonstrate the following skills, we can help you go far. We’re looking for someone with:
• Commercially minded
• Capable of contributing to the strategic agenda with strong operational skills
• Strong Microsoft skills, particularly in Excel
• Partnership experience desirable
• Strong communication and presentation skills
• Qualified accountant or relevant financial experience
Behaviours and attitudes:
• Ability to build strong relationships with clients, suppliers, partners and staff
• Ability to challenge current processes and implement efficiencies
• Ability to work with highly confidential information
• Ability to work to deadlines and respond quickly
• Must be flexible and adaptive
• Strong team worker
We’re in it together
At BDO, we believe that when our people feel valued and rewarded, their potential is unlimited. We offer highly competitive starting salaries and review renumeration packages regularly to ensure that our pay always positively reflects performance. As well offering support with tuition and professional qualifications, we also provide the following benefits, as standard:
- 28 days’ holiday;
- access to a personal pension scheme, with matched employer contributions;
- life assurance cover;
- and income protection insurance.
That’s not all. We understand that everyone is different so, we offer a range of voluntary benefits to suit every lifestyle. Our flexible benefits platform, Flexcel, means our people can choose from a range of tax efficient options to design a benefit package that best suits them. Through Flexcel, they can:
- buy up to ten days’ extra holiday;
- add on private medical, personal accident, dental insurance or travel insurance;
- enrol in our Bike to Work scheme;
- receive an interest free season ticket loan or interest free graduate loan;
- take an online health assessment and utilise our employee assistance programme.
We’re looking forward to the future
At BDO, we’re big enough to make the difference and collaborative enough to never lose sight of where we’re going. We know that it’s our people that make our success possible. Across our 17 UK locations, more than 6,000 of them work together to provide tax, audit, assurance and a range of advisory services that help our clients achieve their ambitious goals. Together, they’re fuelling Britain’s economic engine. Behind every complex client challenge and every untapped innovation, they’re there: ensuring we continue to find the right combination of global reach, integrity and expertise. That’s why we’re always looking for ways to invest in our people. That means providing them with an environment where they can grow, learn, laugh and feel respected, at all times.
Are you ready to join them?