Ideas | People | Trust
We’re BDO. An accountancy and business advisory firm, providing the advice and solutions businesses need to navigate today’s changing world.
We’ll broaden your horizons
Working with every department at BDO, our Finance team helps us meet relevant legal requirements that ensure our firm operates effectively in a tightly-regulated field. They implement strategies that help us innovate – like combining new technology with traditional financial processes to make us even more digital. As part of this friendly team, you’ll enjoy flexible hours and have opportunities to take responsibility for the delivery of quality work. With your colleagues behind you, you’ll embrace change, new ideas and have an impact on the future of our firm.
We’ll help you succeed
The Workday Finance Systems Administrator will be required to work as part of the Finance Product Team on the day to day management and support of Workday and related systems. Reporting to the Workday Finance Systems Team Leader, you will serve as a strong consultative partner to Finance and HR teams in service delivery and you will also work in close collaboration with the HR Product Support Team and IT Application Support Team – particularly on the resolution of cross functional or integration issues
You’ll also be responsible for;
- Providing day to day 2nd and 3rd line support and administration of the Workday environment and other systems in use in Finance
- Support and provide knowledge to 1st line support teams – provide continual upskilling of team to enable more 1st call resolution and accurate triage of issues
- Assist with the transition of support processes from programme team and contract staff, through system stabilisation to steady-state BAU running
- Support Financials areas in Workday, including Core Financials, Business Assets, Expenses and Procurement
- Maintain system configuration across Financials as well as master data values, including Spend Categories, Revenue Categories, Expense Items, Ledger Accounts, Custom Worktags, in line with approved changes
- Maintain Financials security roles in Workday, working closely with FDM counterparts maintaining governance of the security model and staying true to the vanilla Workday model in line with approved changes
- Support and manage regular Workday feature upgrades and patching processes
- Educate Finance team, employees and colleagues on systems in order to improve usability and use of the Finance systems
When you join us, we’ll make your growth our priority. If you can demonstrate the following skills, we can help you go far. We’re looking for someone with:
- Previous experience of working in similar support and administration role with Workday or similar
- Practical Workday Financials experience in a similar technical support role
- Exposure to Workday report writing and data structures
- Workday Financials Fundamentals Training
- Demonstrable understanding of Finance operations, accounting concepts and experience in Finance business processes
- Exposure to Workday data management processes such as EIB uploads
- Experience of using ServiceNow or similar service management software
We’re in it together
At BDO, we believe that when our people feel valued and rewarded, their potential is unlimited. We offer highly competitive starting salaries and review renumeration packages regularly to ensure that our pay always positively reflects performance. As well offering support with tuition and professional qualifications, we also provide the following benefits, as standard:
- 25 days’ holiday;
- access to a personal pension scheme, with matched employer contributions;
- life assurance cover;
- and income protection insurance.
That’s not all. We understand that everyone is different so, we offer a range of voluntary benefits to suit every lifestyle. Our flexible benefits platform, Flexcel, means our people can choose from a range of tax efficient options to design a benefit package that best suits them. Through Flexcel, they can:
- buy up to ten days’ extra holiday;
- add on private medical, personal accident, dental insurance or travel insurance;
- enrol in our Bike to Work scheme;
- enjoy discounts off cinemas, dining, and gyms;
- receive an interest free season ticket loan or interest free graduate loan;
- access childcare vouchers;
- take an online health assessment and utilise our employee assistance programme.
We’re looking forward to the future
At BDO, we’re big enough to make the difference and collaborative enough to never lose sight of where we’re going. We know that it’s our people that make our success possible. Across our UK locations, more than 6,000 of them work together to provide tax, audit, assurance and a range of advisory services that help our clients achieve their ambitious goals. Together, they’re fuelling Britain’s economic engine. Behind every complex client challenge and every untapped innovation, they’re there: ensuring we continue to find the right combination of global reach, integrity and expertise. That’s why we’re always looking for ways to invest in our people. That means providing them with an environment where they can grow, learn, laugh and feel respected, at all times.