Ideas | People | Trust
We’re BDO. An accountancy and business advisory firm, providing the advice and solutions businesses need to navigate today’s changing world.
Our biggest asset is our people, so our HR team focus on ensuring we are all reaching our potential. They use their specialist expertise to help us attract great talent, enable our employees to succeed and inspire a unified culture of development across our firm. By playing a role in the recruitment and management of our people, they help change lives and influence the future of BDO. Join a driven and passionate team where you can be yourself, while also helping your colleagues to achieve their ambitions.
We’ll broaden your horizons
Our BDO HR Services team are responsible for the delivery of all HR related administration and plays a vital role in supporting the wider HR team in all aspects of the employee lifecycle. You will be joining a busy and collaborative team and with support you will develop over time into a subject matter expert on all things related to HR processes.
- Assist with the delivery of HR administrative services in support of HR and firm-wide processes throughout the employee lifecycle.
- Provide a seamless candidate on-boarding experience and will in many cases be the first key contact for all new joiners into BDO.
- Have a focus on client service excellence by building and maintaining collaborative relationships with key stakeholders, including Partners and employees in the wider BDO business.
- Work closely with other HR teams such as Resourcing, Employee Relations, Reward and our HR Generalist teams.
- Ensure quality, effectiveness and continuous improvement of the HR Shared Service offering.
We’ll help you succeed
When you join us, we’ll make your growth our priority. If you can demonstrate the following skills, we can help you go far. We’re looking for someone with:
- A / AS Level education or equivalent
- Proven experience within an HR operational delivery, ideally within a Shared Service structure.
- Proficient IT skills using Microsoft Office packages (Word, Excel & Outlook)
- Previous experience of working with HR Systems
- Understanding of confidentiality & GDPR
- Excellent oral & written communication skills
- Excellent organisational and time management skills
- High level of focus and attention to detail and accuracy
- Process orientated, able to work within SLA’s to ensure our service meets the demands of the business.
- A high level of personal commitment to task completion
- Values diversity of colleagues and demonstrates capability to work along and as part of a team.
- Relevant degree or professional qualification (desired)
- Knowledge of Workday (desired)
- A good understanding of employment law (desired)
- Experience of working in Professional Services (desired)
We understand that everyone learns in different ways and the same environment isn’t always suited to every task. We’ll help you deliver the best quality output by giving you choice and flexibility around how, when and where you work. When you need to work collaboratively, you’ll be able to work closely with colleagues, whether that’s in our offices, onsite with clients, or one of our brand-new hubs; when you need to focus, you’ll be able to work from home or in one of our quiet concentration spaces, using technology to stay connected with colleagues. We’ll provide the environment, digital tools and training to enable you to perform at your best, whatever the task in hand, for yourself, your team, and your clients.
We’re in it together
At BDO, we believe that when our people feel valued and rewarded, their potential is unlimited. We offer highly competitive starting salaries and review remuneration packages regularly to ensure that our pay always positively reflects performance. As well offering support with tuition and professional qualifications, we also provide the following benefits, as standard:
- 25 days’ holiday;
- access to a personal pension scheme, with matched employer contributions;
- life assurance cover;
- income protection insurance.
That’s not all. We understand that everyone is different so, we offer a range of voluntary benefits to suit every lifestyle. Our flexible benefits platform, Flexcel, means our people can choose from a range of tax efficient options to design a benefit package that best suits them. Through
Flexcel, they can:
- buy up to ten days’ extra holiday;
- add on private medical, personal accident, dental insurance or travel insurance;
- enrol in our Bike to Work scheme;
- enjoy discounts off cinemas, dining, and gyms;
- receive an interest free season ticket loan or interest free graduate loan;
- access childcare vouchers;
- take an online health assessment and utilise our employee assistance programme.
We’re looking forward to the future
At BDO, we’re big enough to make the difference and collaborative enough to never lose sight of where we’re going. We know that it’s our people that make our success possible. Across our 17 UK locations, more than 6,000 of them work together to provide tax, audit, assurance and a range of advisory services that help our clients achieve their ambitious goals. Together, they’re fuelling Britain’s economic engine. Behind every complex client challenge and every untapped innovation, they’re there: ensuring we continue to find the right combination of global reach, integrity and expertise. That’s why we’re always looking for ways to invest in our people. That means providing them with an environment where they can grow, learn, laugh and feel respected, at all times.
Are you ready to join them?