Liverpool – Tithebarn
We’re BDO. An accountancy and business advisory firm, providing the advice and solutions entrepreneurial organisations need to navigate today’s changing world.
We work with the companies that are Britain’s economic engine – ambitious, entrepreneurially-spirited and high‑growth businesses that fuel the economy – and directly advise the owners and management teams that lead them.
We’ll broaden your horizons
Our greatest asset is our people, so our HR team focus on ensuring we are all reaching our potential. They use their specialist expertise to help us attract great talent, enable our employees to succeed and inspire a unified culture of development across our firm. By playing a role in the recruitment and management of our people, they help change lives and influence the future of BDO. Join a driven and passionate team where you can be yourself, while also helping your colleagues to achieve their ambitions.
We’ll help you succeed
Leading organisations trust us because of the quality of our advice. That quality grows from a thorough understanding of their business, and that understanding comes from working closely with them and building long-lasting relationships.
You’ll be someone who is both comfortable working proactively and managing your own tasks, as well as confident collaborating with others and communicating regularly with senior managers, directors, and BDO’s partners to help businesses effectively. You’ll be encouraged to identify and draw attention to opportunities for enhancing our delivery and providing additional services to organisations we work with.
Our BDO HR Services team are responsible for the delivery of all HR related administration and plays a vital role in supporting the wider HR team in all aspects of the employee lifecycle. You will be joining a busy and collaborative team and with support you will develop over time into a subject matter expert on all things related to HR processes.
In this busy and rewarding role you’ll also:
- Assist with the delivery of HR administrative services in support of HR and firm-wide processes throughout the employee lifecycle
- Process and resolve requests accurately from our customers and in line with service level agreements with a focus on client service excellence (key stakeholders and our people)
- Ensuring quality, effectiveness, and continuous improvement of the HR Shared Service offer
- Have a focus on client service excellence by building and maintaining collaborative relationships with key stakeholders, including Partners and employees in the wider BDO business.
- Working collaboratively with other HR teams (Reward, HR Generalist, Employee Relations) on cross-team tasks and projects while achieving personal and team objectives
You’ll be someone with:
- A / AS Level education or equivalent
- Proven experience within an HR operational delivery, ideally within a Shared Service structure.
- Proficient IT skills using Microsoft Office packages (Word, Excel & Outlook)
- Previous experience of working with HR Systems
- Understanding of confidentiality & GDPR
- Excellent oral & written communication skills
- Excellent organisational and time management skills
- High level of focus and attention to detail and accuracy
- Process orientated, able to work within SLA's to ensure our service meets the demands of the business.
- A high level of personal commitment to task completion
- Values diversity of colleagues and demonstrates capability to work along and as part of a team.
- Relevant degree or professional qualification (desired)
- Knowledge of Workday (desired)
- A good understanding of employment law (desired)
- Experience of working in Professional Services (desired)
You’ll be able to be yourself; we’ll recognise and value you for who you are and celebrate and reward your contributions to the business. We’re committed to agile working, and we offer every colleague the opportunity to work in ways that suit you, your teams, and the task at hand.
At BDO, we’ll help you achieve your personal goals and career ambitions, and we have programmes, resources, and frameworks that provide clarity and structure around career development.
We’re in it together
Mutual support and respect is one of BDO’s core values and we’re proud of our distinctive, people-centred culture. From informal success conversations to formal mentoring and coaching, we’ll support you at every stage in your career, whatever your personal and professional needs.
Our agile working framework helps us stay connected, bringing teams together where and when it counts so they can share ideas and help one another. At BDO, you’ll always have access to the people and resources you need to do your best work.
We know that collaboration is the key to creating value for the companies we work with and satisfying experiences for our colleagues, so we’ve invested in state-of-the-art collaboration spaces in our offices. BDO’s people represent a wealth of knowledge and expertise, and we’ll encourage you to build your network, work alongside others, and share your skills and experiences. With a range of multidisciplinary events and dedicated resources, you’ll never stop learning at BDO.
We’re looking forward to the future
At BDO, we help entrepreneurial businesses to succeed, fuelling the UK economy. Our success is powered by our people, which is why we’re always finding new ways to invest in you. Across the UK thousands of unique minds continue to come together to help companies we work with to achieve their ambitions
We’ve got a clear purpose, and we’re confident in our future, because we’re adapting and evolving to build on our strengths, ensuring we continue to find the right combination of global reach, integrity and expertise. We shape the future together with openness and clarity, because we believe in empowering people to think creatively about how we can do things better.