London – Baker Street
Ideas | People | Trust
We’re BDO. An accountancy and business advisory firm, providing the advice and solutions businesses need to navigate today’s changing world.
We’ll broaden your horizons
The Operations PMO is responsible for maximising BDOs change investment; helping deliver Change in the most effective and efficient way; track, record and report on expectation, help build change delivery capability across the firm; and bring in teams to help the firm deliver.
Our motto is “Do Less, Better – helping BDO deliver the right change initiatives, the right way, faster”
As we now have clarity on our key programmes we are looking for an experienced project manager to develop the content of the programmes aligned to our strategic priorities
We’ll help you succeed
In this role you’ll:
- Understand the inflight and upcoming changes in project business requirements(s)
- Day to day management of the project(s)
- Be the voice of business into the project(s)
- Plan and design ‘outcome focused’ projects, monitoring progress against agreed parameters, identifying key risks, resolving issues and initiating timely corrective action
- Define the project’s governance framework (including ‘hooking’ into portfolio / programme governance)
- Ensure underlying workstreams are coordinated
- Resolve risks and issues
- Support individuals on the project(s)
- Ensure project integrity and coherence
- Monitor project(s) budget, monitoring expenditure etc.
- Help appoint additional staff into the project and underlying workstreams / activities
- Liaise with design authority / architecture teams / other IT teams / risk / dependent projects and product teams / suppliers
- Ensure outputs meet requirements within time, quality, cost constraints (and timely escalation of risks if not)
- Ensure efficiency of resources
- Liaise with 3rd parties / drafting workpackages as required
- Identify and initiate additional activities wherever gaps exist
- Regular reporting to your sponsor and other governance forums
- Champion Change Minimum Standards
- Actively support assurance activities
When you join us, we’ll make your growth our priority. If you can demonstrate the following skills, we can help you go far. We’re looking for someone with:
- Extensive experience of change delivery approaches (e.g. Waterfall, Agile)
- OKR/Benefits tracking
- Developing and embedding ‘right-sized’ change delivery and governance (aligned to portfolio and programme governance) to suit the project and stakeholder needs
- Service management concepts and frameworks an advantage (e.g. ITIL)
- Organisational governance structures and associated relationships
- Understanding the content of current and emerging portfolio of change and how it adds value
- Understanding the corporate vision and strategy and the wider industry
- Corporate processes and procedures (e.g. Governance, Finance, HR, minimum standards) and associated language / culture
- Identifying and monitoring and developing appropriate remedial plans for key project performance (KPIs) and risk (KRIs) metrics.
- Experience of Workday HCM, Workday Finance or MSD CMS an advantage
- Experience of a professional services environment an advantage
We’re in it together
Mutual support and respect is one of BDO’s core values and we’re proud of our distinctive, people-centred culture. From informal success conversations to formal mentoring and coaching, we’ll support you at every stage in your career, whatever your personal and professional needs.
We can provide the best support for our clients and people when we’re working side by side. Our agile working framework helps us stay connected, bringing teams together where and when it counts so they can share ideas and help one another. At BDO, you’ll always have access to the people and resources you need to do your best work.
We know that collaboration is the key to creating value for our clients and satisfying experiences at work, so we’ve invested in state-of-the-art collaboration spaces in our offices. BDO’s people represent a wealth of knowledge and expertise, and we’ll encourage you to build your network, work alongside others, and share your skills and experiences. With a range of multidisciplinary events and dedicated resources, you’ll never stop learning at BDO
We’re looking forward to the future
At BDO, we help entrepreneurial businesses to succeed, fuelling the UK economy.
Our success is powered by our people, which is why we’re always finding new ways to invest in them. Across 17 UK locations, we are 6,500 unique minds coming together to help our clients reach their ambitions.
We’ve got a clear purpose, and we’re confident in our future, because we’re adapting and evolving to build on our strengths, ensuring we continue to find the right combination of global reach, integrity and expertise. We shape the future together with openness and clarity, because we believe in empowering people to think creatively about how we can do things better.