London – Baker Street
We’re BDO. An accountancy and business advisory firm, providing the advice and solutions businesses need to navigate today’s changing world.
We’ll broaden your horizons
The Operations PMO is responsible for maximising BDOs change investment; helping deliver Change in the most effective and efficient way; track, record and report on expectation, help build change delivery capability across the firm; and bring in teams to help the firm deliver.
Our motto is “Do Less, Better – helping BDO deliver the right change initiatives, the right way, faster”
We are looking for an experienced senior project manager to initiate and actively manage projects with significant strategic and/or commercial impact
- Initiates and actively manages a portfolio of projects ranging in sizes, and including multi-streamed projects with significant strategic and/or commercial impact
- Initiate and actively manage large, multi-streamed projects with significant strategic and/or commercial impact
- Working with key stakeholders to understand inflight and emerging requirements
- The day to day management of key projects being the ‘voice of the business’ into them
- Helping plan and design ‘outcome focused’ projects, monitoring progress against agreed parameters, identifying key risks, resolving issues and initiating timely corrective action
- Deliver key activities
- Enabling project Sponsors to focus on setting direction, providing SME input, building advocacy and removing blockers
- Operating within and assist in maturing the Change Minimum Standards
We’ll help you succeed
- Understanding the inflight and upcoming changes in project business requirements(s)
- Day to day management of the project(s)
- Being the voice of business into the project(s)
- Plan and design ‘outcome focused’ projects, monitoring progress against agreed parameters, identifying key risks, resolving issues and initiating timely corrective action
- Define the project’s governance framework (including ‘hooking’ into portfolio / programme governance)
- Ensuring underlying workstreams are coordinated
- Resolving risks and issues
- Supporting individuals on the project(s)
- Ensuring project integrity and coherence
- Monitoring project(s) budget, monitoring expenditure etc.
- Help appoint additional staff into the project and underlying workstreams / activities
- Liaison with design authority / architecture teams / other IT teams / risk / dependent projects and product teams / suppliers
- Ensuring outputs meet requirements within time, quality, cost constraints (and timely escalation of risks if not)
- Ensuring efficiency of resources
- Liaise with 3rd parties / drafting workpackages as required
- Identifying and initiating additional activities wherever gaps exist
- Regular reporting to your sponsor and other governance forums
- Effective stakeholder engagement (in liaison with sponsors)
- Effective handover to business operations
- Champion Change Minimum Standards
- Actively support assurance activities
When you join us, we’ll make your growth our priority. If you can demonstrate the following skills, we can help you go far. We’re looking for someone with:
- Extensive experience of change delivery approaches (e.g. Waterfall, Agile)
- OKR/Benefits tracking
- Developing and embedding ‘right-sized’ change delivery and governance (aligned to portfolio and programme governance) to suit the project and stakeholder needs
- Service management concepts and frameworks an advantage (e.g. ITIL)
- Organisational governance structures and associated relationships
- Understanding the content of current and emerging portfolio of change and how it adds value
- Understanding the corporate vision and strategy and the wider industry
- Corporate processes and procedures (e.g. Governance, Finance, HR, minimum standards) and associated language / culture
- Identifying and monitoring and developing appropriate remedial plans for key project performance (KPIs) and risk (KRIs) metrics.
- Experience of Workday HCM, Workday Finance or MSD CMS an advantage
- Experience of a professional services environment an advantage
We’re in it together
At BDO, we believe that when our people feel valued and rewarded, their potential is unlimited. We offer highly competitive starting salaries and review renumeration packages regularly to ensure that our pay always positively reflects performance. As well offering support with tuition and professional qualifications, we also provide the following benefits, as standard:
- 28 days’ holiday;
- access to a personal pension scheme, with matched employer contributions;
- life assurance cover;
- and income protection insurance.
That’s not all. We understand that everyone is different so, we offer a range of voluntary benefits to suit every lifestyle. Our flexible benefits platform, Flexcel, means our people can choose from a range of tax efficient options to design a benefit package that best suits them. Through Flexcel, they can:
- buy up to ten days’ extra holiday;
- add on private medical, personal accident, dental insurance or travel insurance;
- enrol in our Bike to Work scheme;
- receive an interest free season ticket loan or interest free graduate loan;
- take an online health assessment and utilise our employee assistance programme.
We’re looking forward to the future
At BDO, we’re big enough to make the difference and collaborative enough to never lose sight of where we’re going. We know that it’s our people that make our success possible. Across our 17 UK locations, more than 6,000 of them work together to provide tax, audit, assurance and a range of advisory services that help our clients achieve their ambitious goals. Together, they’re fuelling Britain’s economic engine. Behind every complex client challenge and every untapped innovation, they’re there: ensuring we continue to find the right combination of global reach, integrity and expertise. That’s why we’re always looking for ways to invest in our people. That means providing them with an environment where they can grow, learn, laugh and feel respected, at all times.
Are you ready to join them?