Liverpool – Temple Street
Ideas | People | Trust
We’re BDO. An accountancy and business advisory firm, providing the advice and solutions entrepreneurial organisations need to navigate today’s changing world.
We work with the companies that are Britain’s economic engine – ambitious, entrepreneurially-spirited and high‑growth businesses that fuel the economy – and directly advise the owners and management teams that lead them.
We’ll broaden your horizons
Our greatest asset is our people, so our HR team focus on ensuring we are all reaching our potential. They use their specialist expertise to help us attract great talent, enable our employees to succeed and inspire a unified culture of development across our firm. By playing a role in the recruitment and management of our people, they help change lives and influence the future of BDO. Join a driven and passionate team where you can be yourself, while also helping your colleagues to achieve their ambitions.
We’ll help you succeed
Leading organisations trust us because of the quality of our advice. That quality grows from a thorough understanding of their business, and that understanding comes from working closely with them and building long-lasting relationships.
You’ll be someone who is both comfortable working proactively and managing your own tasks, as well as confident collaborating with others and communicating regularly with senior managers, directors, and BDO’s partners to help businesses effectively. You’ll be encouraged to identify and draw attention to opportunities for enhancing our delivery and providing additional services to organisations we work with.
In this role, you will support the Talent Acquisition Specialist (TAS) on all recruitment related administration. During periods of absence (of the TAS), you will act as a trusted point of contact for hiring managers, triaging their issues and referring to relevant parties for support.
- Build relationships with key business stakeholders to maintain a good working knowledge of your business area and ensure the recruitment process runs smoothly.
- Support the Talent Acquisition Specialist with the gathering and collation of information on market trends and changes.
- Ensure Workday is fully utilised and kept up to date at all times.
- Reviewing invoices for accuracy and code accordingly to ensure timely payment of our suppliers.
- Identify blockages to the recruitment process and flag to the resourcing advisor for resolution.
- Act as the first point of contact for all recruitment queries for designated services lines, ensuring timely responses both verbally and through the experienced hire inbox.
- Ensure that vacancies are published both internally and externally as appropriate.
- Organise vacancy briefings with suppliers, taking minutes and ensure that outputs are circulated.
- Arrange and confirm interviews with candidates/agencies and recruiting managers; book rooms, refreshments and ensure all supporting documentation is provided.
- Ensure that hiring managers and recruiters receive proactive regular and timely updates on the status of requested actions.
- Review ISQM1 reporting and chase missing interview notes from hiring managers, ensuring they are uploaded into Workday.
- Provide feedback to recruitment agencies and candidates where applicable.
- Chase candidate updates from recruitment agencies where applicable.
- Manage priorities appropriately to ensure agreed timeframes are met.
- To support the TAS in completing telephone screening on direct candidates (as agreed) and ensure relevant documentation is uploaded into Workday.
Developing Self and Others:
- Provide coaching and support to hiring managers on recruitment actions such as vacancy creation, utilisation of the Workday and the recruitment process.
- Working in partnership with our Global Mobility (GM) team and Newland Chase to submit visa applications in a timely way.
- Liaising with Professional Qualifications team on exam transcripts and approvals for employee study support.
- Obtaining proof of identification from candidates at the point of offer and ensuring documentation is uploaded to Workday.
Innovating & Change:
- Identify and develop potential improvements on use of the recruitment system to ensure the most efficient processes at all times.
- Significant recruitment administration experience gained from either agency, or a combination of agency and in-house.
- Experience of working in a large, complex organisation – professional services or finance preferred.
- Experience in dealing with and influencing a variety of stakeholders.
- An independent problem solver who can set priorities.
- Previous experience of working with and developing the use of applicant tracking systems (Workday experience is an advantage).
- Sound knowledge of Microsoft Office (Excel, Word, Outlook and PowerPoint).
- Good professional communication skills; written and verbal.
BEHAVIOURS & ATTITUDE
- Focus on excellent client and candidate service.
- Be an ambassador for the Resourcing team across the business, and actively seek to ensure it continues to address the required business needs.
- High level of attention to detail and accuracy.
- Proactive approach and able to prioritise high volumes of work.
- Be an advocate for BDO, role modelling the culture and values.
- Continually look for self-improvement opportunities, looking for new ways to grow knowledge and skill set for personal development.
- Be a conscientious individual who promotes diversity and understands the importance of treating people with fairness and respect. Adapt style when delivering to various levels, methods and audiences
You’ll be able to be yourself; we’ll recognise and value you for who you are and celebrate and reward your contributions to the business. We’re committed to agile working, and we offer every colleague the opportunity to work in ways that suit you, your teams, and the task at hand.
At BDO, we’ll help you achieve your personal goals and career ambitions, and we have programmes, resources, and frameworks that provide clarity and structure around career development.
We’re in it together
Mutual support and respect is one of BDO’s core values and we’re proud of our distinctive, people-centred culture. From informal success conversations to formal mentoring and coaching, we’ll support you at every stage in your career, whatever your personal and professional needs.
Our agile working framework helps us stay connected, bringing teams together where and when it counts so they can share ideas and help one another. At BDO, you’ll always have access to the people and resources you need to do your best work.
We know that collaboration is the key to creating value for the companies we work with and satisfying experiences for our colleagues, so we’ve invested in state-of-the-art collaboration spaces in our offices. BDO’s people represent a wealth of knowledge and expertise, and we’ll encourage you to build your network, work alongside others, and share your skills and experiences. With a range of multidisciplinary events and dedicated resources, you’ll never stop learning at BDO.
We’re looking forward to the future
At BDO, we help entrepreneurial businesses to succeed, fuelling the UK economy.
Our success is powered by our people, which is why we’re always finding new ways to invest in you. Across the UK thousands of unique minds continue to come together to help companies we work with to achieve their ambitions
We’ve got a clear purpose, and we’re confident in our future, because we’re adapting and evolving to build on our strengths, ensuring we continue to find the right combination of global reach, integrity and expertise. We shape the future together with openness and clarity, because we believe in empowering people to think creatively about how we can do things better.