Ideas | People | Trust
We’re BDO. An accountancy and business advisory firm, providing the advice and solutions entrepreneurial organisations need to navigate today’s changing world.
We work with the companies that are Britain’s economic engine – ambitious, entrepreneurially-spirited and high‑growth businesses that fuel the economy – and directly advise the owners and management teams that lead them.
We’ll broaden your horizons
Working with every department at BDO, our Finance team helps us meet relevant legal requirements that ensure our firm operates effectively in a tightly-regulated field. They implement strategies that help us innovate – like combining new technology with traditional financial processes to make us even more digital. As part of this friendly team, you’ll enjoy flexible hours and have opportunities to take responsibility for the delivery of quality work. With your colleagues behind you, you’ll embrace change, new ideas and have an impact on the future of our firm.
We’ll help you succeed
Leading organisations trust us because of the quality of our advice. That quality grows from a thorough understanding of their business, and that understanding comes from working closely with them and building long-lasting relationships.
You’ll be someone who is both comfortable working proactively and managing your own tasks, as well as confident collaborating with others and communicating regularly with senior managers, directors, and BDO’s partners to help businesses effectively. You’ll be encouraged to identify and draw attention to opportunities for enhancing our delivery and providing additional services to organisations we work with.
Reporting to the BI Manager, you will manage and develop the Workday Financials reporting suite, providing visibility of key operational and performance related data, information and insights. You will also manage the development of new solutions, maintain existing solutions and provide ad hoc support to all areas of the business.
When appropriate, you will also be expected to have some line management responsibilities.
- Oversee and partake in the development, maintenance and reviewing of Workday reporting solutions
- Ingest, transform and publish Prism data sources in order to create more accessible, optimal and diverse in tenant reporting options
- Utilise an array of Workday reporting solutions to develop innovative reporting solutions
- Identify and drive key improvements and automations to processes and reporting
- Support the firm in the progression towards a self-service dominated reporting suite, encouraging a live and dynamic approach to management information
- Upskill and educate fellow team members via training and process documentation, establishing best practices for reporting writing and in tenant maintenance
- Assist in preparing the Firm for Workday’s bi-annual releases, identifying reporting risks and opportunities
- Manage and support the delivery of department and firm projects / SPWs
- Once relevant, act as a people manager for direct reports; completing performance reviews, agreeing objectives / development plans, managing absence and providing regular feedback
You’ll be someone with:
- Advanced report writing experience with Workday Financials — HCM an advantage, but not a prerequisite
- Proficiency in creating and utilising all necessary Workday calculated field functions
- Capability of utilising all Workday reporting types: Advanced, Matrix and Composite reports, Dashboards and Drive solutions (e.g. Worksheets, Discovery Boards and Slides)
- Advanced end-to-end Prism expertise
- Strong analytical and numerical ability — able to analyse, interpret and evaluate data and variances
- Intermediate Excel and VBA skills
- The ability to work as part of a collective, contributing towards a strong team bond and ensuring the whole is greater than the sum of its parts
- Appreciation of the importance of sustainable report development and documentation, ensuring the best practice is applied consistently
- Demonstrable understanding of financial management and financial reporting
- Strong business acumen — an understanding of the key financial drivers and dynamics related to growth and an organisation’s revenue goals
- Basic understanding of Workday security an advantage, but not a prerequisite
- Basic Power BI and DAX skills an advantage, but not a prerequisite
- Basic Power Query skills an advantage, but not a prerequisite
- Experience of working within a professional services organisation an advantage, but not a prerequisite
- Professional accounting qualification an advantage, but not a prerequisite
You’ll be able to be yourself; we’ll recognise and value you for who you are and celebrate and reward your contributions to the business. We’re committed to agile working, and we offer every colleague the opportunity to work in ways that suit you, your teams, and the task at hand.
At BDO, we’ll help you achieve your personal goals and career ambitions, and we have programmes, resources, and frameworks that provide clarity and structure around career development.
We’re in it together
Mutual support and respect is one of BDO’s core values and we’re proud of our distinctive, people-centred culture. From informal success conversations to formal mentoring and coaching, we’ll support you at every stage in your career, whatever your personal and professional needs.
Our agile working framework helps us stay connected, bringing teams together where and when it counts so they can share ideas and help one another. At BDO, you’ll always have access to the people and resources you need to do your best work.
We know that collaboration is the key to creating value for the companies we work with and satisfying experiences for our colleagues, so we’ve invested in state-of-the-art collaboration spaces in our offices. BDO’s people represent a wealth of knowledge and expertise, and we’ll encourage you to build your network, work alongside others, and share your skills and experiences. With a range of multidisciplinary events and dedicated resources, you’ll never stop learning at BDO.
We’re looking forward to the future
At BDO, we help entrepreneurial businesses to succeed, fuelling the UK economy.
Our success is powered by our people, which is why we’re always finding new ways to invest in you. Across the UK thousands of unique minds continue to come together to help companies we work with to achieve their ambitions
We’ve got a clear purpose, and we’re confident in our future, because we’re adapting and evolving to build on our strengths, ensuring we continue to find the right combination of global reach, integrity and expertise. We shape the future together with openness and clarity, because we believe in empowering people to think creatively about how we can do things better.