BeiGene continues to grow at a rapid pace with challenging and exciting opportunities for experienced professionals. When considering candidates, we look for scientific and business professionals who are highly motivated, collaborative, and most importantly, share our passionate interest in fighting cancer.
Seeking candidates to work as a Contractor / Temp / Direct Hire status.
Preferred Location Basel Switzerland, open to Remote Europe
The Senior Manager / Manager, Talent Acquisition will report into the Director, Talent Acquisition, and partner alongside the Talent Acquisition team of BeiGene to manage talent acquisition processes and help mature and evolve the practices used to differentiate, discuss, and develop talent across BeiGene. In addition, the candidate will demonstrate the ability to partner with other Talent, Programs, and HR Business Partners, as well as business leaders to continue BeiGene’s evolution to rapidly grow our global organization.
This Senior Manager / Manager needs to be a strong consultant with the demonstrated ability to understand Talent Acquisition requirements and turn that analysis into actionable solutions. A fundamental understanding of business strategy and how to link HR initiatives to business initiatives is required, along with a proven track record of creating and implementing talent acquisition solutions that make a difference.
Essential Functions of the job:
- Manages the Recruitment / Selection process and systems for BeiGene.
- End-to-end management of the recruiting process.
- In partnership with the recruiting team, HRBPs, and hiring managers, develops job descriptions, sources candidates, and drives the recruiting process for teams that they support.
- Pre-screen resumes, complete candidate evaluations, and schedule interviews for key positions.
- Must have the ability to recruit passive candidates.
- Delivers against and provides guidance to continually deliver quality candidates and hires.
- Develops, motivates, and coaches hiring managers and interview teams to ensure that proper interviewing practices are being implemented.
- Drives adoption of consistent recruiting, interviewing, and hiring practices across the organization to facilitate talent acquisition productivity and predictable quality.
- Develops creative sourcing strategies for hard-to-fill positions, including direct sourcing, internet recruiting, networking, utilization of external search firms, etc.
- Assess internal and external recruiting resources and recommend solutions that will best meet the recruiting demands of the organization.
- Ensures recruiting and hiring practices are in compliance with government regulations and organizational policies and procedures in the pre-screening and post-employment process.
- Maintains current knowledge in business, marketplace, legal, and recruitment trends and requirements.
- Identifies and shares best recruitment best-practices across the organization.
- Initiates and maintains a network of contacts to help identify qualified candidates and increase applicant tool for hiring needs.
- Ensures end-user education and training (hiring managers) within the business.
Knowledge, Experience, and Skills:
- Previous experience as a recruiter in biotech/pharma preferred.
- Excellent communication skills, including presentation skills.
- Ability to gain credibility, engender trust, and influence across all levels of the organization.
- Strong partnering skills, bias for action and tangible results.
- At least 7+ years’ experience in HR, Talent Acquisition
- Ability to follow assignments through to completion with a bias towards action and execution.
- Extensive experience leading recruitment activities
- Ability to manage a req load of over 25 positions at one time
- Demonstrated experience in developing and implementing recruitment strategies, marketing plans, policies, and programs.
- Experience using applicant tracking systems (ATS), Workday experience is a plus.
- Experience working in a global environment with many different offices worldwide
Bachelor’s Degree preferred; 7+years talent acquisition experience, in biotech/pharma preferred
Supervisory Responsibilities: None
Ethics – Treats people with respect; Inspires the trust of others; Works with integrity and ethically; Upholds organizational values.
Planning/Organizing – Prioritizes and plans work activities; Uses time efficiently. Completes administrative tasks correctly and on time. Follows instructions and responds to management direction.
Communication – Listens and gets clarification; Responds well to questions; Speaks clearly and persuasively in positive or negative situations. Writes clearly and informatively. Able to read and interpret written information.
Teamwork – Balances team and individual responsibilities; Gives and welcomes feedback; Contributes to building a positive team spirit; Puts success of team above own interests; Supports everyone's efforts to succeed. Contributes to building a positive team spirit; Shares expertise with others.
Adaptability – Able to adapt to changes in the work environment. Manages competing demands. Changes approach or method to best fit the situation. Able to deal with frequent change, delays, or unexpected events.
Technical Skills – Assesses own strengths and development areas; Pursues training and opportunities for growth; Strives to continuously build knowledge and skills; Shares expertise with others.
Dependability – Follows instructions, responds to management direction; Takes responsibility for own actions; Keeps commitments; Commits to long hours of work when necessary to reach goals; Completes tasks on time or notifies appropriate person with an alternate plan.
Quality – Demonstrates accuracy and thoroughness; Looks for ways to improve and promote quality; Applies feedback to improve performance; Monitors own work to ensure quality.
Analytical – Synthesizes complex or diverse information; Collects and researches data; Uses intuition and experience to complement data.
Problem Solving – Identifies and resolves problems in a timely manner; Gathers and analyzes information skillfully.
Project Management – Communicates changes and progress; Completes projects on time and budget.
We are proud to be an equal opportunity employer and we value diversity. BeiGene does not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, disability, national origin, veteran status or any other basis covered by appropriate law. All employment is decided on the basis of qualifications, merit, and business need.