We Care. We Deliver. Our purpose is to create communities our residents are proud to call home. We currently own or manage over 70,000 units in North America and continue to grow.
Bell Partners, https://bellpartnersinc.com/overview/ a national leader in multi-family housing, our mission is to be the apartment company of choice by creating value and honoring commitments to our residents, partners, and associates.
As an integral part of the Human Resources organization, the Compensation and Benefits Associate is responsible for providing administrative, technical, and universal support to the Compensation, Benefits, and Total Rewards team. The Compensation and Benefits Associate is responsible for the execution of all administrative tasks associated with compensation and benefits management for both hourly and salary associates, including but not limited to, ensuring regulatory compliance, interfacing with payroll, providing direction and responding to associate inquiries, assisting with and responding to inquiries from leadership, third parties, and governmental agencies.
The Compensation and Benefits Associate is a direct report to the Director of Compensation, Benefits, Payroll, and Total Rewards. This position is responsible for maintaining bonus processes and schedules for compensation administration in Workday, gathering data for salary survey participation, and completing regular various data audits in Workday. This is an ideal role for someone who excels at both administrative processes and interpersonal work and would like to be part of a dynamic team.
Essential Functions and Responsibilities
- Responsible for assisting with monthly/quarterly site bonus, annual corporate bonus and merit increase processes.
- Assist in data collection for participation of external compensation/salary surveys
- Support the design, development, audit, and administration of the Company’s benefits portfolio
- Ensure bi-weekly payroll audits are completed for various compensation elements and work with leaders to make corrections when needed
- Assist with new hire orientation presentations
- Assist associates with compensation and benefits inquiries, enrollments, and potential changes
- Coordinate special projects as needed
- Review and administer eligibility for 401k match, updating Workday accordingly
- Assist with 401k and health plan audits annually as well as 5500 filings
- Coordinate processes for benefits administration, specifically for 401(k) deferral rates and plan loans
- Assist with Workday configuration and administration of annual open enrollment and compensation module
- Create and audit monthly premium benefit invoices; resolves discrepancies with carriers, payroll and the company
- Provide monthly reporting to broker and insurance carriers
- Support Workday testing for updates and create job aids for Workday processes
- Back up for Workers Compensation and Leave administration
Additional Functions and Responsibilities
- All additional duties as assigned
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Must have strong organizational skills
- Must possess excellent verbal/written communication skills in English, inclusive of experience in communicating Benefit and Compensation programs – ability to explain plans and processes with a varying degree of complication
- Knowledge of FLSA, ERISA, HIPAA, COBRA, FMLA, 5500 filings and other related state and federal regulations, and reporting requirements
- Must possess strong proficiency in Microsoft Office applications; experience with Outlook, Excel, Word, Teams, and Workday as well as other related web-based tools required
- Must be able to understand directives both orally and in writing
- Must have superior people skills; ability to get along with diverse personalities
- Must be tactful, mature, and flexible
- Must be resourceful and well organized
- Must be flexible, able to manage multiple priorities and able to shift resources and priorities as required
- Must be able to maintain confidentiality
- Must be able to work in a general office environment
Education and Background:
- Bachelor’s degree in Human Resources, Business or related discipline required; SPHR, PHR, CEBS certification, or CBP designation preferred
- Minimum 3 years of demonstrated and applicable HR/benefits/ compensation experience in a multi-state, multi-facility progr
These are physical and mental requirements of the position as it is typically performed. Inability to meet one or more of these physical or mental requirements will not automatically disqualify a candidate or employee from the position. Upon request for a reasonable accommodation, the Company may be able to adjust or excuse one or more of these requirements, depending on the requirement, the essential functions to which it relates, and the proposed accommodation.
Physical Requirements: See; View CRT Screen; Color Perception; Hearing/Listening; Clear Speech; Manual Dexterity; Walk; Bend; Reach; Lifting – 40 Pounds; Sit; Stand.
Mental/Reasoning Requirements: Reading-Complex; Writing- Complex; Clerical; Basic Math Skills; Analysis/Comprehension Judgment/Decision Making
Work Environment: Shift work; Works Alone; Works with Others; Verbal Contact with Others; Face to Face Contact; Electrical Equipment
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by employees assigned to this classification. They are not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and/or skills required for this position.
Bell Partners, Inc. (“BPI” or the “Company”) is an equal employment opportunity employer. BPI’s policy is not to discriminate against any applicant or employee based on race, color, sex, religion, national origin, age, disability, pregnancy, military/veteran status, marital status, genetic information, gender identity, sexual orientation or any other basis protected by applicable federal, state, or local laws. BPI also prohibits harassment of applicants or employees based on any of these protected categories. It is BPI’s policy to comply with all applicable state and federal laws respecting consideration of unemployment status in making hiring decisions.
Note to Applicants: Smoking is prohibited in all indoor areas of Bell Partners Inc. unless designated smoking areas have been established by a particular location in accordance with applicable state and local law.