Turtle Bay Resort, Kahuku, HI 96731
Come be a part of something bigger!
More than 10,000 dedicated employees around the world bring their unique talents, expertise and experiences to work every day with Benchmark. Our strength lies in our diversity, positive service attitude and determination to succeed. Come be a part of our “Be the Difference” culture, where every employee, at every level, in every job strives to capture moments when they can provide memorable, personalized service to our guests, coworkers, and communities.
We are a strong believer in offering our employees Work-Life Effectiveness through, practices, policies, and programs to help our employees achieve success at both work and home. Here are just some of the great benefits we offer:
- Full Time employees have access to Medical and Dental insurance to fit your needs
- Benchmark University (You can grow both personally and professionally through on-line webinars and self-study courses)
- 401K match (Let us help you build your financial future)
- Companywide Hotel Room Discounts (Who doesn’t love to get away)
- Paid Time Off
- Employee Assistance Program (We are here to support you)
- Employee family events (bring the kids!)
- Partnerships and discounts with major retailers such as AT&T, Verizon and Dish to name a few
- Many more, please inquire for more details
Who are we?
Serve as the Department Head under the Director of Human Resources managing, guiding, inspiring and motivating the HR team and all resort employees. Direct, implement and maintain a service and management philosophy which serves as a guide to respective stakeholders. Support the HR leadership team including the learning function and service culture of a team of more than 500 employees in a luxury environment. Preferred candidate will have hotel /resort or hospitality experience, labor relations experience, benefits experience, recruitment experience, learning/ training experience, experience working in Hawaii and experience working with resort properties (or applicable related professional experience in an HR leadership role).
What you will have an opportunity to do:
Turtle Bay Resort is looking for a dynamic, engaging and culture driven Assistant Director of Human Resources to lead and cultivate a “Be the Difference” culture. This position will assist as the human resources business partner to the hotel leadership team with a focus on driving service excellence through development of culture, recruitment and retention, talent management and coaching and counseling for the property.
- Partner with the Director of Human Resources and property leadership team as the leader of culture.
- Guide the resort’s talent & culture strategy including all areas of the employee experience. Guide leadership development and feedback through quarterly career conversations. Guide hourly development through probationary and annual review process.
- Guide the selection processes and onboarding, ensuring the employment experience is in alignment with hotel culture. Create strategic plan around seasonal and year-round staffing needs. Coordinates job postings utilizing applicant tracking system. Ensures the selection and interviewing process is within guidelines set by the EEOC. Coordinates recruitment for management candidates
- Coordinate local annual benefits enrollment, billing/reconciliations, on-going team member questions and needs.
- Internal communication management for employees to include bulletin boards, email, and social media.
- Work with leaders to manage the performance feedback and talent management.
- Oversee property training function with the ability to facilitate training and on-boarding ensuring completion and compliance.
- Partner with resort leadership to develop and manage employee recognition programs.
- COVID response (compliance to internal health & safety SOPs, screenings, contact tracing maintenance, compliance with local health regulations).
- Employee engagement surveys: administer surveys, facilitate action plan development and follow-up for on-going improvement of the overall team member experience.
- Maintain compliance with federal and state labor law, including EEO, wage & hour, and regulatory agencies.
- Assist with the development of the wage and salary program; ensuring wages are competitive to other hotels in the area. Oversee wage increases in the payroll system for all union and non-union positions.
- Maintain and update necessary employee files for new hires and terminations. Ensures that all employee changes are processed timely in Workday platform.
- Conduct management training including Collective Bargaining Agreement knowledge sharing and advise management of labor law issues. Ensure management is compliance with all current state and federal labor laws.
- Monitor Workers Compensation programs, ensuring claims and reports are submitted in a timely basis. Oversee leaves of absence.
- Assist with drafting policies and procedures and standard training objectives to share as guidelines.
- Establish “Open Door Policy” with employees to ensure the atmosphere is one of management involvement.
What are we looking for?
- College degree preferred, and/or equivalent work experience.
- 3-5 years of Human Resources experience required, preferably in the hospitality or similar industry.
- Knowledge of governmental employment laws
- Excellent computer proficiency needed
- Knowledge of hotel operations, including marketing plans, security and safety programs, personnel and labor relations, preparation of business plans, repairs, maintenance, budget forecasting, quality assurance programs, hospitality law, and long-range planning
- Be able to convey information and ideas clearly, both oral and written.
- Be able to evaluate and select among alternative courses of action quickly and accurately.
- Be effective in handling problems in the workplace, including anticipating, preventing, identifying and solving problems as necessary
- An effective listener, understanding and clarifying concerns and issues raised by team members
- Be able to multitask, be flexible, find long hours and interruptions energizing in a 24/7 business, celebrate diversity, find purpose working in a world class hotel environment with an engaged team who enjoy working together and having fun!