Job Description Summary
The Office of Sponsored Programs at Bentley University is seeking a Senior Grant Administrator. This position provides post-award support for federal and non-federal grants to University principal investigators (PI’s) by researching, interpreting, and applying the policies and procedures that govern grant, contract and foundation awards.
- Responsible for the oversight and management of all grants and contracts awarded by federal, corporate, and non-federal sources. The position is responsible for oversight of post award grant administration including planning and implementing appropriate policies, processes, and controls to comply with regulations, funding agency policies, and Bentley University internal policies. This includes remaining current on federal grant guidelines and requirements.
- Review and approve grant expenditures for adequate documentation and compliance with applicable regulations. Ensure award budgets are fully spent, but not exceeded.
- Responsible for ensuring all payroll activity and hiring is processed correctly. Work with the Controller’s Office on necessary adjustments, account reconciliations and financial reporting.
- Responsible for accounts receivable monitoring and invoicing of non-federal grants according to agreement terms.
- Prepare budget projections and update forecasts for University annual budget and planning process.
- Monitor sub-recipients for compliance with sub-award provisions.
- Ensure timely and accurate financial reporting and close-outs for all grants and sponsored programs.
- Support the proposal budget development and grant submissions.
- Partner with appropriate university offices to manage, develop, and implement policies, processes, and systems for all aspects of financial grant management.
- Manage the university’s effort reporting system, ensuring the process complies with applicable regulations.
- Explore opportunities for improvement through the Workday Grants module
- Participate in project to enhance grant reporting provided through Workday
- Other duties and functions as assigned.
- Bachelor’s Degree is required with a business major preferred.
- Candidate should have 4-6 years of grant administration experience, preferably in higher education.
- A strong customer service focus is required.
- Familiarity with overall federal grant administration is required.
- Candidate must have accounting knowledge and be able to work with budgets; have excellent verbal and written communication skills, strong organizational, prioritization and time management skills, including the ability to manage multiple projects and complete tasks for a number of principal investigators and administrators. A strong attention to detail, customer service oriented, initiative, flexibility, and the ability to work independently and as a member of a team are required.
- Successful candidate must stay current with all new and existing regulatory requirements and institutional policies/procedures and keep faculty PIs and department leadership informed of changes.
- Due to the amount of personal and financial information involved, the Senior Grant Administrator must have the aptitude for treating sensitive information related to salaries, department finances and science in a confidential and professional manner.
- Advanced experience with MS Office and the ability to learn new software programs and techniques quickly is essential.
- Experience with Workday strongly preferred.
- Typical office setting with extensive sitting and computer work
- Ability to travel around campus for meetings and other work related events
Bentley University requires references checks and may conduct other pre-employment screening.
Bentley University strives to create a campus community that welcomes the exchange of ideas, and fosters a culture that values differences and views them as a strength in our community.
Bentley University is an Equal Opportunity Employer, building strength through diversity. The University is committed to building a community of talented students, faculty and staff who reflect the diversity of global business. We strongly encourage applications from persons from underrepresented groups, individuals with disabilities, covered veterans and those with diverse experiences and backgrounds.