Berklee College of Music – Boston
Reporting to the Director of HRIS, the Senior HRIS Analyst will have responsibility for supporting and advancing Berklee’s usage of the core Human Capital Management system (Workday). The Senior HRIS Analyst serves as an HR Technology point of contact for HR functional areas and is responsible for leveraging technology to drive continuous improvement of processes and tools within all aspects of HR including, but not limited to, recruiting, workforce management, compensation, benefits administration and compliance.
The Senior HR Analyst is responsible for accurate reporting including the ability to analyze and translate large amounts of data. They assist HR team members to define, analyze and document Workday HCM business processes. They promote ongoing data integrity in order to optimize integration automation, efficiency and user experience.
The Senior HRIS Analyst also supports system upgrades, patches, testing and other technical/special projects as assigned.
Location: Hybrid Work Model
MINIMUM JOB QUALIFICATIONS:
- Solid understanding and expertise in at least one or more of Workday’s domains (Core HCM, Compensation, Benefits, Time and Absence, Payroll, Performance, Recruiting.)
- Minimum three years office experience, preferably within higher education and/or Human Resources.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS/PRIMARY DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Partner with subject matter experts within HR, as well as business stakeholders, to manage and support the delivery of HR system projects including approved configuration changes and functionality deployment (including business process configuration, testing, documentation, peer review and change management) Support data validation and ensure that overall system performance aligns with business objectives.
- Recommend process or system improvements as they relate to the operation of Workday HCM modules. Communicate changes to HR as well as management and other employees as needed. Work with HR end users to inform and educate on enhancements and updates in Workday, including integration with other business applications/processes as appropriate. Creates, modifies, and maintains HR user documentation; assists in the creation and editing of employee-facing user documentation.
- Work closely with HR leadership, business partners and technical teams to gather and define requirements, recommendations, document changes for change control purposes, design and implement solutions, and ensure user ease of adoption.
- Ensure the quality and integrity of HRIS records through audit reports, collaboration with stakeholders and data governance groups, and data cleanup.
- Create, review and participate in functional and regression testing for all system fixes, upgrades, patches, and other maintenance—including bi-annual Workday releases and new system features—and participate in the communication of changes and benefits to end users.
- Work closely with the Director of HRIS, Data Analyst and all areas of HR to create reports that can made into and user-friendly dashboards and workforce analytics. Run scheduled and ad hoc reports, and provide data to Data Analyst. Assists in the management and execution of IPEDS reporting and Affordable Care Act filings.
- Administer any departmental reorganizations within Workday.
- Prepare and maintain Workday process and set-up documentation. Share best practices and HR standards for using Workday. Train internal HR colleagues and other stakeholders as needed.
- Promote proactive approaches using the HR information systems to solve business needs/problems, while also enhancing the understanding and acceptance of the HRIS capabilities.
- Serve as liaison with Academic Affairs, Student Employment and Valencia HR offices providing first line guidance and troubleshooting assistance on technical matters.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES REQUIRED:
- Strong analytical skills, data analysis and systems thinking ability.
- Ability to work independently with self-direction and attention to detail are essential.
- Familiarity with state and federal regulations as they relate to Human Resources policies preferred.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills and the ability to collaborate effectively with faculty, staff, and vendors.
- Significant project management experience, including effective prioritization of multiple ongoing projects and ability to work under tight deadlines and in high-stress situations.
- Ability to maintain appropriate confidentiality regarding personnel data and sensitive employee issues.
- A continuous improvement mindset. Ability to understand business processes and challenges, build relationships, and to execute a plan. Bachelor’s degree required.
- Culturally competent individual with experience working collaboratively in a very diverse, multi-cultural environment.
This document does not create an employment contract, implied or otherwise, other than an “at will” employment relationship.
Diversity, Equity, Inclusion & Equal Employment Opportunity at Berklee:
We support an inclusive workplace where everyone excels based on personal merit, qualifications, experience, ability, and job performance. Berklee affirms that inequality is detrimental to our faculty, staff, students, and the communities we serve. Our goal is to make lasting change through our actions. Berklee is committed to providing fair and equitable consideration of all employees and applicants without regard to race, color, religion, ancestry, age, national origin, place of birth, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, disability, genetic information, or status as a member of the armed forces or veteran of the armed forces, or any other category protected by federal, state, or local law.
As part of this commitment, Berklee will ensure that persons with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodations. If reasonable accommodation is needed to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and/or to receive other benefits and privileges of employment, please contact the Human Resources Team at [email protected] or call 617-747-2375.
Berklee is committed to increasing the diversity of our institution, community, and the curriculum. Candidates who can contribute to that goal are encouraged to apply and to identify their strengths in this area.
*Currently enrolled Berklee students are not permitted to apply for staff or faculty positions.*