HRIS Analyst, People & Culture
Where Greatness Grows
The greatest achievements in history are borne from the greatness within people – where human potential meets vision, and passion fuels evolution. Unlocking this potential is the most important thing we do at Bird.
As a leader in Canadian construction for over 100 years, the impact of our team is etched deeply within the core of our legacy. Beyond Bird, this impact is felt in the fundamental aspects of our everyday lives. From the critical infrastructure we depend on, to the energy and resources that keep us moving – we are powering our communities and shaping Canada’s skylines coast-to-coast. Entrenched in the foundation of a culture built more than a century ago is an enduring quest to reimagine what is possible. Our impact is greater than ever, and we are looking for those who seek to redefine their story.
We are a dynamic team of over 5,000 with a range of professions, backgrounds, and areas of expertise. This breadth of diversity in people and opportunities is one of greatest aspects of building your career with Bird. Every trajectory looks different. At Bird, you hold the pen, and you write your story. As you unlock your potential, you are surrounded by a team that supports you every step of the way.
Be a part of our team, where we pride ourselves on the quality of our work and the way we treat each other and our partners. You will build a career and long-lasting relationships based on respect, collaboration, and a solution-focused mindset. Bird is a place where you will unlock your potential and achieve your goals.
Reporting to the Manager, HRIS, the HRIS Analyst, People & Culture will be responsible to support designated HCM areas in Workday, such as core HR, Benefits, Talent, Compensation and Learning and Development.
The preferred location for this is position is in the Mississauga office, but consideration will be extended for candidates in Vancouver, Edmonton or Calgary.
- Coordinate, prepare and execute communications and training efforts related to the P&C Workday system and related process changes, including coordination of leadership forums, employee newsletters or alerts, informational sites and manuals, training curriculum, and other related assets.
- Proactively provide input to improve the strategy that will ensure effective and efficient use of tools/modules.
- Collaborate across Workday support team and P&C function to identify gaps in system requirements.
- Provide support to Lead Analyst in building domain knowledge, gathering requirements, providing solutions and impact analysis.
- Serve as subject matter expert on current and upcoming Workday capabilities.
- Evaluate releases and functionality to identify opportunities to improve and optimize the use Workday.
- Configure, test, validate and implement business process changes in Workday.
- Assist in testing of integrations, security, annual events.
- Maintain master data values in Workday (ex: Job Profile, Job Family, Job Group, Roles, Custom Organization Types, Positions, Locations).
- Serve as an escalation resource for Tier 2 and 3 issues.
- Provide input and knowledge sharing with Workday Team Lead, Workday Team Members, and clients as appropriate.
- Participate in scheduled and ad hoc training in order to improve policy and process acumen.
What We Are Looking For
- Undergraduate degree in Human Resources or equivalent combination of training and work experience
- 0-2 years’ experience within People & Culture and/or Workday knowledge an asset
- Experience in managing internal communication and training plans
- Understanding of HR operations and experience in employee data management
- Ability to accurately collect information in order to understand and assess the clients’ needs and situation
- Ability to forge, grow and maintain positive relationships with multiple groups
- Able to manage multiple priorities simultaneously and meet the time demands of unpredictable activities, capable of handling pressure and challenges in a dynamic business environment
- Ability to work within tight deadlines and prioritization of work to achieve them
- Strong analytical, critical thinking, problem-solving skills, and a high degree of accuracy and attention to detail
- Strong written and oral communication skills to interact with HR clients, cross-functional colleagues and IT
We Put Safety First
A healthy and safe work environment is non-negotiable. We build a culture of operational and psychological safety through engagement, learning and leadership.
We Lead With Honesty
We speak and act with integrity, clarity and care so people can trust our word and our work. Being honest means we can deliver the best outcomes and consistent results.
We Are Stronger Together
Success is a team effort. Our inclusive workplace enables our combined expertise, humility and creativity to unlock our greater potential.
We Are Driven To Do Great Work
We built our name on quality. We have a passion for excellence in our work and relationships that honours our businesses and our industry.
We Create Opportunity
Rooted in a solid foundation, we adapt and grow to face the future. We are committed to elevating each other to chart the best path forward in an evolving world.