Today, BlackBerry® is a transformed company. We’re no longer about the smartphone, what we once did for smartphones is what we’re now doing for Enterprise of Things (EoT) – envisioning, enabling, and securing new forms of communication that are connecting the business world in extraordinary new ways. We have the most complete and advanced end-to-end solutions to enable EoT, and our ideas lead the way in the hottest markets like cybersecurity, SaaS, neural networks, and autonomous vehicles.
Part of the HR Operations & Systems team, the HR Operations Specialist partners closely with the HR Business Partner community, providing operational HR support, and is the main point of contact for employees’ inquiries. This presents an exciting opportunity for a HR professional to experience and contribute to a broad range of HR activities at an innovative global organization.
You will be accountable for:
- Act as a North American subject-matter expert for HR operational activities, leading and supporting cross-functional global HR initiatives, complex assignments, and projects.
- Support employees’ life-cycle events, prepare employment documentation, and process HR transactions within BlackBerry’s HRIS system (Workday).
- Collaborate with HR Business Partners in HR initiatives and programs tailored to the talent needs of each BlackBerry business unit.
- Consult with leaders and employees to help them navigate HR policies, programs, and processes.
- Partner with internal stakeholders including HR Business Partners, Payroll, HR Information Systems, Benefits, and IT to improves processes.
- Contribute to the implementation and delivery of cyclical HR programs including performance review cycles, annual compensation and incentive programs, equity and retention programs.
- Assist with and maintain policy documentation, perform regular data audits to drive continuous improvement across HR and provide recommendations or corrective action.
- Lead and assist HR projects and initiatives as needed.
Skills and Experience
Your experience includes:
- One (1) year of relevant experience.
- University Degree and/or College Diploma in Human Resources, Business Administration, or a related discipline.
- Experience using an HRIS or HRMS system. Previous experience with Workday is an asset.
- Solid customer service, communication, and interpersonal skills. Able to handle issues in a positive and supportive manner when dealing with all levels of employees.
- Proven attention to detail while effectively managing multiple demands and competing priorities.
- Excellent time management skills and ability to maintain flexibility under tight and fluctuating deadlines.
- Ability to apply knowledge and experience to identify problems and continuous improvement opportunities, accompanied by demonstrated dedication to documenting and adopting new processes and practices.
- Strong working knowledge of Microsoft Office applications (Outlook, Excel, Word, SharePoint, OneNote, Teams) and Adobe Acrobat.
- Emphasis on maintaining confidentiality and the responsible use of sensitive information.
- Understanding local, provincial/state, and federal employment legislation.
- C.H.R.P. designation is an asset.
Are you the perfect applicant? Do you:
- Enjoy both autonomous and teamwork?
- Have a knack for building and preserving positive partnerships and are able to effectively communicate to diverse audiences?
- Thrive in ambiguous situations, are a keen learner, and look forward to contributing to a global HR team?
Scheduled Weekly Hours: