Job Description – Payroll Manager (APAC)
The incumbent is responsible for Asia Pacific payroll; Australia, China, Hong Kong, India, Indonesia, Japan, Korea and Singapore but duties are not restricted to only these countries as you may on occasion be required to backup other team members.
All countries are fully outsourced to external payroll vendor. The incumbent is required to have working knowledge of at least some of the Asia Pacific countries payroll.
The position will be based in Singapore and reports to Payroll Director based in Canada.
- Responsible for managing and operating the End-to-End (E2E) payroll process for countries under his/her responsibilities. Including:
- Responsible for all aspects of a managed payroll
- Responsible for the accuracy and timeliness of payroll, including balancing of payroll before transmission, reporting fund requirements, preparing journal entries, audit calculation of statutory payments
- Gross-to-Net Payroll calculation accuracy and validation
- Bank file accuracy
- Know all internal policies and procedures and ensure they are adhered to regarding all payroll and personnel matters;
- Managing internal stakeholders (HR, Finance, Treasury, Tax etc) role in the payroll process
- Managing the country payroll vendors to ensure they achieve their responsibilities
- Calendar compliance
- Compliance with operations governance and internal controls (SOX)
- Partner with Finance on required payroll reconciliations, finance reporting and audits
- Candidate is expected to assist as backup on EMEA payrolls as and when needed
- Address payroll inquiries in a timely manner.
- Liaise with payroll vendor and other local resources as needed to address questions/issues in this area.
- Plan, manage and control periodic/quarterly/semi-annual/annual payroll requirements
- Identify, track and resolve operational issues and improvement opportunities within the Area. Escalate major issues to Payroll Director.
- Manage internal and external audit activities
- Ensure that processes/documentations are properly updated and maintained
Education, Experience & Skills Required
- B.S. or B.A. Major/concentration in Finance / Accounting is preferred
- 4-7 years of experience in multiple countries payroll operations.
- Strong customer focus
- Highest level of integrity
- Strong work ethic and ability to work flexible hours based on payroll cycle needs
- Ability to prioritize work and manage time effectively
- Ability to manage a high volume of work under tight service delivery deadlines
- Confident and assertive personality with the toughness to drive vendor performance and ensure compliance with the payroll operating model.
- Working knowledge of Workday is preferred
- Strong MS Office Suite experience
- Language(s) fluency required: English, Japanese plus Proficiency in additional local languages would be an advantage
Job Family Group Name:
Finance & Accounting
Scheduled Weekly Hours: