Block.one is a global software company specializing in high performance blockchain software. Its flagship product EOSIO is a free, open-source protocol designed to bring speed, scalability, and ease of use to the secure and transparent fundamentals of distributed databases. Block.one invests in companies, projects, and developers around the world leveraging EOSIO technology through its EOS VC initiative.
Chief People Officer
Role & Responsibilities
- Administer employee savings plans that may include the company’s 401(k) plan, personal savings plans, and deferred compensation programs.
- Manage the transition of the companies non-public equity plans to a public company plan
- Manage, process and administer stock options, restricted stock units (RSUs) and any other appropriate plans/awards
- Process monthly/quarterly/yearly equity-related reconciliations
- Provide information, reports and adhoc interactions to other teams including (Tax, HR, Payroll, Legal, Accounting)
- Ensure appropriate controls and processes are in place for the ongoing administration and auditing of the plans
- Work with the Chief People Officer, CFO, Finance team and HR operations team to ensure all plans are managed effectively
- Serve as the main point of contact for employee questions related to the Company’s equity programs
- Interface with plan participants and maintain resource and documentation on the Company’s intranet for existing staff and new hires
- Provide excellent customer service to internal business partners and employees
- Support ad-hoc system projects, experience with Workday a plus
Experience / Qualifications
- Experience of managing and administering complex equity plans including the transition from private to public company plans
- Adept in stock plan administration for a public company, including stock options, RSUs and understanding filing requirements
- Proven track record with public companies, specifically developing materials for Board presentation and disclosure.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills
- Ability to maintain confidentiality, exercise discretion and sound judgment at all times.
- Experience interfacing with senior leaders and global plan participants
- Strong interpersonal, written and verbal communication skills
- Must be extremely organized and able to multitask, a high degree of accuracy and attention to detail is required
- Certified compensation professional preferred