2300 Main, Kansas City, MO
Are you interested in learning about healthcare professions and the latest healthcare innovations in the KC area? Become part of an organization that is dedicated to making a difference in both your career and community.
Job Description Summary :
The Solution Designer III gathers and analyzes requirements to solve complex problems and evaluates intricate scenarios to create advanced solutions across multiple systems. This individual develops a deep understanding of multiple systems, the business needs, and the associated capabilities. This role contributes to the long-term roadmap of the given solutions and serves as a liaison between business and technology teams to provide future outcomes and support decisions.
- Leads in designing, documenting, and evaluating information system solutions, considering functionality, data, security, integration, infrastructure, and performance.
- Translates business needs into a high-level functional design of the system; documents the design in the form of user stories.
- Identifies solution gaps and makes future state proposals; Collaborates with software engineers to flush out a technical approach.
- Articulates business needs to development staff.
- Provides low-fidelity mock-ups of functional designs.
- Acts as product owner when needed, balancing stakeholder priorities and technical debt.
- Coordinates and facilitates across multiple business units and technology teams on complex solutions.
- Ensures traceability from the requirements to the test plans that validate them.
- Assists the IT testing team with planning and coordination of user acceptance with stakeholders. Works closely with the IT testing team to ensure a smooth testing process. Provides input to the IT testing team on various testing scenarios and test data preparations.
- Participates in regular demonstrations to both IT and business stakeholders. Provides subject matter expertise on given solutions.
- Provides guidance to user community on best utilization of solutions to meet their needs.
- Performs as a lead over community of practice groups to collaborate on strategy, standards, and areas for improvement.
- Mentors and coaches less experienced Solution Designers and employees in similar roles.
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Information Systems, or a related field, or an equivalent combination of education, training, and experience.
- 5 years’ experience gathering requirements and performing functional design.
- Experience using SQL to query data from a database; thorough understanding of types of joins and join criteria.
- Excellent ability to obtain user requirements and translate into technical solutions.
- Excellent ability to explain technical concepts to lay audiences.
- Experience analyzing ETL data mappings and processes
- 5 years’ experience using moderate to advanced SQL.
- Thorough understanding of the software development life cycle.
- Experience in healthcare or the insurance industry.
- Thorough understanding of application architecture.
- Experience working in both Waterfall and Agile environments.
- Experience supporting ERP systems and/or Workday integrations
- Experience using Crystal Reporting